Red Sox Have a lot of Interest in Ramirez...

waldo7239117

Driving Wreckless DA Best
Donator
Liked Posts:
I saw this floatting aroung the web...a 3 team deal.

Cubs get:
3B Mark Reynolds

Red Sox gets:
3B Aramis Ramirez

D'backs gets:
CF Jacoby Ellisbury

I actually kind of like the trade and I think it is fair for all teams. The D'backs want to get younger and get faster and someone who does not K that often like the rest of there team. Also the Backs will save money in the deal. The Red Sox have been shopping Jacoby for quite a bit now and I think will trade him and they get Ramirez who they like a lot. Then the Cubs would get a player who K's a lot but hits for tons of power abd plays pretty good defense and is younger than Ramirez. Also cheaper.

The D'backs can then trade Young who they would be open to and have been trying for some time now.

Also, money would have to be thrown in the deal from 2 or all teams involved.

Thoughts?

USCChiFan

Crow's Nest
Donator
Liked Posts:
^^This was a fast idea. No thinking at all and I never even looked over it. I had 5min to come up with this and post it. That's not a lot of time.
No wonder why your posts/threads usually suck :tiptoe:

USCChiFan

Crow's Nest
Donator
Liked Posts:
Hell no. For all the power Reynolds has, he strikes out WAYYYYYYYYYY to much to be worth trading for. His defense is also sub-par going by UZR. He's hitting .198 right now w/ over 200 strikeouts, do you really want that on the Cubs?

cubsneedmiracle

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Hell no. For all the power Reynolds has, he strikes out WAYYYYYYYYYY to much to be worth trading for. His defense is also sub-par going by UZR. He's hitting .198 right now w/ over 200 strikeouts, do you really want that on the Cubs?

ohh waldo..
:kanye:

Captain Obvious

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

Yes, I really do want that on the Cubs. If you honestly think he will be that bad next year, you should get off here and go back to watching The View.

He has a BABIP of .254, by far his lowest of his career. That will come up and you know it. Even with his awful numbers this year, he has still managed to be neutral with his batting, in terms of WAR.

Now, take all that and couple it with the fact that Wrigley is a top hitters park and that Reynolds wouldn't be the premier hitter in the line-up and I like the teams chances.

USCChiFan

Crow's Nest
Donator
Liked Posts:
In 2009 when he had a .338 BABIP, he had a K% of 38.6. He struck out 223 times to 76 walks and the only time he's struck out less than 200 times was 2007, when he struck out 129 times but he had a .378 BABIP that season. He's a K machine and even if his average rises he'll probably hover around .240-.250 IMO

Captain Obvious

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
In 2009 when he had a .338 BABIP, he had a K% of 38.6. He struck out 223 times to 76 walks and the only time he's struck out less than 200 times was 2007, when he struck out 129 times but he had a .378 BABIP that season. He's a K machine and even if his average rises he'll probably hover around .240-.250 IMO

So the fuck what? His career average OBP is about 90 points more than his BA. I don't give a flying fuck what his BA is. I really don't. Plus, every season he has increased his walks.

Really, USC? Really? I figured that you would know better than to use BA, an obselete stat.

USCChiFan

Crow's Nest
Donator
Liked Posts:
You realize batting average makes up most of a player's OBP...

USCChiFan

Crow's Nest
Donator
Liked Posts:
The Cubs are already way too HR dependent right now and they have very little speed on the team. Adding Reynolds and his free swinging ways doesn't help the team at all IMO. I'd rather have Vitters at 3rd than Reynolds if I wanted a 3rd baseman who strikes out a ton but hits for power

Captain Obvious

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The Cubs are already way too HR dependent right now and they have very little speed on the team. Adding Reynolds and his free swinging ways doesn't help the team at all IMO. I'd rather have Vitters at 3rd than Reynolds if I wanted a 3rd baseman who strikes out a ton but hits for power

It's a proven fact that teams that hit a HR are more likely to win a game. I would love it if the team had free swingers 1-8, we'd win a lot of games. But, as for Reynolds, it's 3B or 1B. He can play either, IIRC. Those are positions where you put free swingers. It's not like we are talking about CF or SS or something like that.

Lefty

Liked Posts:
You realize batting average makes up most of a player's OBP...

Well that depends on what you mean by "most". If by "most" you mean "at least 75 percent of his OBP comes from AVG", that guy better be hitting at least .290 in order to be considered a solidly above-average run-producer. On the other hand if you mean "closer to a simple majority...." then you can get away with lower AVG's.

Think of it this way: the higher the percentage of your OBP that is derived from AVG, the higher you need your AVG to be.

Either way, AVG is still out-dated and less valuable in the face of better metrics like OBP. Overall, OBP correlates much better with scoring runs than AVG, regardless of how much of a player's OBP is derived from AVG.

waldo7239117

Driving Wreckless DA Best
Donator
Liked Posts:
The Cubs don't hit a lot of hr and son't have a lot ofr hr hitters. Soriano is really the only one with Ramirez close (He is but not like a hr hr hitter). Soto thinks getting on base first before hr, Byrd is not a hr power and on and on. We need to see another season from Colvin, to see if he keeps hitting for hr or he change his swing to get on base more.

Captain Obvious

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The Cubs don't hit a lot of hr and son't have a lot ofr hr hitters. Soriano is really the only one with Ramirez close (He is but not like a hr hr hitter). Soto thinks getting on base first before hr, Byrd is not a hr power and on and on. We need to see another season from Colvin, to see if he keeps hitting for hr or he change his swing to get on base more.

If you really want another season of <.320 OBP from Colvin, then yeah, let's keep him. Otherwise, I'll pass.