onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
dont need to..I heard it and it was quoted by another poster on these boards in another thread

So you're taking the stance of the guy who thought the call was correct

BearsJR

Liked Posts:
Ok so Onebud and BearsBud have the exact problem the officials had. If the steps and then dive were all part of the catch, no catch. If they were separate things, then it's a catch. Pretty close call IMO, and the refs sided with Onebud on this and thus called it according to the rules. The shitty part is it all but ended the game for Dallas, and we as football fans lost an opportunity to watch what might have been an epic ending to an otherwise really good game.

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
Ok so Onebud and BearsBud have the exact problem the officials had. If the steps and then dive were all part of the catch, no catch. If they were separate things, then it's a catch. Pretty close call IMO, and the refs sided with Onebud on this and thus called it according to the rules. The shitty part is it all but ended the game for Dallas, and we as football fans lost an opportunity to watch what might have been an epic ending to an otherwise really good game.

That would've been the best game of the weekend if Bryant would've caught the ball.

To see if Rodgers could come back given the distance would've been great. And if they scored....would it give any time for Romo?

Nail Polish

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
That would've been the best game of the weekend if Bryant would've caught the ball.

To see if Rodgers could come back given the distance would've been great. And if they scored....would it give any time for Romo?

Bryant did catch the ball...He fumbled it while diving for the GL after taking 3 steps which constitutes a football move

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
Bryant did catch the ball...He fumbled it while diving for the GL after taking 3 steps which constitutes a football move

Was he diving or running?

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
Why didn't he just run past Shields?

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
So...basically he should have just ran past Shields since he was "running."

CRM 114

Premium Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Are you able to explain the rule for us uneducated Bears fans?

The rule states that it's a catch. Think about it Bryant caught the ball, maintained control of the ball until he was on the ground for several seconds? He did fumble the ball but recovered. How is it not a catch? Even if there is some faint, obscure rule that says it's an incomplete pass, it was called a completed pass on the field. There is not enough video evidence to overturn it.

Nail Polish

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
So...basically he should have just ran past Shields since he was "running."

I cant say..I dont know what he was thinking..Maybe while he was running he lost his balance as runners do, and tried to dive for the GL..Just a guess

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
The rule states that it's a catch. Think about it Bryant caught the ball, maintained control of the ball until he was on the ground for several seconds? He did fumble the ball but recovered. How is it not a catch? Even if there is some faint, obscure rule that says it's an incomplete pass, it was called a completed pass on the field. There is not enough video evidence to overturn it.

Umm...the ball was dislodged when he hit the ground. And the football was moving as he was going to the ground.

That is why it was overturned.

Bad rule...but still the correct one

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
I cant say..I dont know what he was thinking..Maybe while he was running he lost his balance as runners do, and tried to dive for the GL..Just a guess

Bad guess