Relationship Frayed Between Pax, Certain Players

??? ??????

Liked Posts:

houheffna

Ignoring Idiots
Liked Posts:
Okay...help me out here...why is that Kirk's fault? I don't understand?

Kirk is blamed for everything but 911 for pete's sake!

??? ??????

Liked Posts:
houheffna wrote:

Luol Deng, Tyrus Thomas, Joakim Noah, and Kirk Hinrich are the three hold overs from the Paxson era.

Given that Luol Deng is playing well, Joakim Noah is playing pretty well as well, one of the league's top rebounders, and Thomas has been out with a broken arm, logically Kirk, who plays like a scrub would be the one with the frayed relationship.

Especially given that Paxson lost one of his favorite players, with one of the excuses being that he wasn't going to be able to find playing time behind Kirk.

houheffna

Ignoring Idiots
Liked Posts:
If Pax is upset, its not over losing "one of his favorite players". Kirk is one of his favorite players, hell, everybody Pax drafts is Pax's favorite player.

If Pax, after seeing ALL THE PROBLEMS this team has right now is pissed over losing Ben Gordon, he needs to get punched in the chest and told to man up. Gordon is so unimportant. If he was 1/3 of a franchise player, it might be a problem but he ain't so Pax shouldn't boohoo over a player leaving who is not leading your team anywhere.

If Pax is that pissed about one guy leavin'.....he needs serious therapy.

Dpauley23

Liked Posts:
??? ?????? wrote:
houheffna wrote:

Luol Deng, Tyrus Thomas, Joakim Noah, and Kirk Hinrich are the three hold overs from the Paxson era.

Given that Luol Deng is playing well, Joakim Noah is playing pretty well as well, one of the league's top rebounders, and Thomas has been out with a broken arm, logically Kirk, who plays like a scrub would be the one with the frayed relationship.

Especially given that Paxson lost one of his favorite players, with one of the excuses being that he wasn't going to be able to find playing time behind Kirk.

I doubt it Kirk considering Paxson loves the guy who goes all out and play with energy and intensity on defense. It's definitely Tyrus considering the way he never hustles and maybe even Deng considering he probably didn't feel that he deserved the big contract he got and would of rather had Gordon.

TheStig

Liked Posts:
Dpauley23 wrote:
??? ?????? wrote:
houheffna wrote:

I doubt it Kirk considering Paxson loves the guy who goes all out and play with energy and intensity on defense. It's definitely Tyrus considering the way he never hustles and maybe even Deng considering he probably didn't feel that he deserved the big contract he got and would of rather had Gordon.

Yea, I'm sure thats it right there. If it was that important to him, he could have made the same statement like Arenas or Kobe did to take care of other guys extensions first like Arenas did with Jamison and Kobe is doing with everyone on the lakers.

Diddy1122

I ain't your pal dickface
Liked Posts:
Does any of this even matter? Pax is not the GM anymore. He's basically just a title. Gar & JR are running the show, so who cares if Pax likes a player or not.

And it wouldn't be Kirk. Pax loves Kirk. Tyrus, definitely, & Deng, possibly. Remember he was not the one who signed Deng to his massive contract, that was all JR & Gar.

If any relationship is frayed it should be between Pax & JR, the man who handcuffed him during the majority of his time as GM of this team.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Pax doesn't like Kirk? What? Are you kidding me? This franchise LOVES Kirk as everyone loves to point out. But now I guess everyone loves and hates him at the same time.

houheffna

Ignoring Idiots
Liked Posts:
I am not sure that is the case. Between Gar and Paxson, Gar is the most expendable. Paxson made the move upstairs of his own volition. He is closer to JR than Gar is...

And yeah, Reinsdorf handcuffed him so much that Pax fell head over heels for his own players. Paxson is just as culpable as Reinsdorf in what has gone on in the last 5,6 years...if not more.

Diddy1122

I ain't your pal dickface
Liked Posts:
houheffna wrote:
I am not sure that is the case. Between Gar and Paxson, Gar is the most expendable. Paxson made the move upstairs of his own volition. He is closer to JR than Gar is...

And yeah, Reinsdorf handcuffed him so much that Pax fell head over heels for his own players. Paxson is just as culpable as Reinsdorf in what has gone on in the last 5,6 years...if not more.

Well I know when my boss intervenes & tells me to do this or that, I do, because I want my job. Not saying that's the case here, but I doubt Pax was itching to lose his job. I won't say Pax is without blame during his entire time here...I mean he did take Tyrus over Roy (shaking my head), but JR is the most meddlesome owner in the league other than Cuban. Difference being, Cuban is not afraid to open his wallet to actually try & get his team to a championship level. JR intervenes to basically tell his GM no you can't do this or you can't do that. And when there's a player JR really wants (Wallace, Deng) he basically tells Pax, I'll take care of it, you go play on the swingset. I don't know about you but that would certainly piss me the hell off.

But Pax will never coach. I mean just look at him. He looks beaten down. There's no way he will take on the stress of coaching this team. He's got no hair left to pull out. :eek:hmy:

TheStig

Liked Posts:
For everyone making the statement that pax should accept responsibility or leave if he doesn't like it. He did, he tried to leave, they begged him to stay for his basketball mind and made him a consultant so he wouldn't be in the light for all of the wrong moves the franchise made. Thats why I find all these coaching ultimatum articles absolutely ridiculous, he wanted to leave, its not an ultimatum for him like Mchale who wanted his job. I would have loved to see Pax take a job with a team like the knicks and watch him succeed.

TheStig

Liked Posts:
jsain360 wrote:
JR cost us D'Antoni

Thats a start, I would add Gasol or Boozer and BG to that as well as a few moves we weren't aware of because we didn't even know about them.

Shakes

Iconoclast
Liked Posts:
The article says players, so why try to pin it down to one name, if we're going to wildly speculate based on a throw away line in an article at least wildly speculate consistently. ;)

TheStig

Liked Posts:
Shakes wrote:
The article says players, so why try to pin it down to one name, if we're going to wildly speculate based on a throw away line in an article at least wildly speculate consistently. ;)

Two good points, speculate correctly and I fully agree its a throw away line from some writer I have never heard of, that we take like it was etched in stone.