Remember, good QBs are developed, not born!

cjswan232482

Liked Posts:
No matter who you draft, your team better be able to develop and support him.

I am in the camp that puts the onus on the Bears more than Jay Cutler for the lack of success in getting more out of him. A steady diet of someone like Adam Gase could have made a huge difference in Cutler's career. I am also convinced that the Patriots system made Tom Brady. Hell, just look how much better Shea McClellan looks in NE.

legendxofxlink

Whistle Dixie
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nashville Predators
  1. ETSU Buccaneers
  2. Tennessee Volunteers
girley%20throw.gif

FirstTimer

v. 2.0: Fully Modded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

I am in the camp that puts the onus on the Bears more than Jay Cutler for the lack of success in getting more out of him. A steady diet of someone like Adam Gase could have made a huge difference in Cutler's career. I am also convinced that the Patriots system made Tom Brady. Hell, just look how much better Shea McClellan looks in NE.
Oh, so you're an idiot! Awesome!

DC

Minister of Archaic Titillations
Donator
Liked Posts:
I can buy that Cutler excuse his first 3 years here. JA and Lovie didn't do enough Imo. But to keep the narrative going after all these years is willful ignorance. You're an asshat.

Washington

Liked Posts:
I am in the camp that puts the onus on the Bears more than Jay Cutler for the lack of success in getting more out of him..

When none of the plethora of coaches can get it done, you have to look at the common denominator in the situation. Cutty is chicken shit and he was incapable of being converted to chicken salad.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
No

You draft a ready made franchise QB and if you have any doubts about whether the guy is Andrew Luck you go hide in the corner and cry quietly.

shoopster

BANNED
Donator
Liked Posts:

Hear! Hear! And with "Duh"well Loggains coming into his own, 2017 is Jay's make or break year.

I know he's had seven of those in the past, but I mean it for real this time. At least until 2018 . . .

Mongo_76

Liked Posts:

Is this where you go to camp?

latest

cjswan232482

Liked Posts:
You can't keep changing offenses coordinators every 2 years. If the Bears do to the next QB what they did to Cutler, you will hate him too. Get a top notch guy and stay with him.

cjswan232482

Liked Posts:
If you know your Offensive Coordinator is good, you would not NEED to go through 8 of them. Get a good offensive philosophy/system and stick with it. It is easier to master one system than six or eight. If you KNOW the offensive system is sound, it would not take 8 years to figure out said QB is or is not the guy. Even if your guy struggled for a year or two, at least every one would be on the same page.

Noonthirtyjoe

Liked Posts:
We ruined Cutler. Some are to dumb to see it. Is Cutler the problem? Yes because he was ruined. If we do to the new guy what we did to Cutler then he will be shit too. Was Cutler shit regardless? maybe, but we still fked him, so well never know. Point being, we need to do better by the next guy if we want different results.

cjswan232482

Liked Posts:
We ruined Cutler. Some are to dumb to see it. Is Cutler the problem? Yes because he was ruined. If we do to the new guy what we did to Cutler then he will be shit too. Was Cutler shit regardless? maybe, but we still fked him, so well never know. Point being, we need to do better by the next guy if we want different results.

That's all that I have been trying to say.

r1terrell23

Liked Posts:
Are these babies developed in a lab? Never knew only bad qb's were born.

Reactions: WCL

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
Disagree with OP and the whole damn premise. Every good QB was born. That's a fact, Jack!

Reactions: WCL

FirstTimer

v. 2.0: Fully Modded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
You can't keep changing offenses coordinators every 2 years. If the Bears do to the next QB what they did to Cutler, you will hate him too. Get a top notch guy and stay with him.

If your QB doesn't keep running them off and campaigning for them to get fired they wouldn't be.......or if he actually performed well.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
If QBs were this easily developed there wouldn't be 1/2 the league looking for a better one and later picks would be more prominent. You want to take a very talented guy and finish him but there's usually only so much that you can do. The development narrative is becoming too strong on this board. Yes, you need to develop your QB and give him enough time get comfortable but a top guy should start at some time in his 1st season. You won't know everything they can be for a few years but that part comes from actual games.

There is nothing like actually doing it by trial and error to develop yourself mentally and some guys NEVER get that part regardless of teaching or reps. Even Aaron Rodgers that got rebuilt over 3 years had by far his worst TD/INT ratio in his 1st year starting (better than Jays best) and easily his worst year overall(other than his injury prone 2015). He needed a year of actually playing to better learn coverages and placement.