Remember when we used to bitch about Boozer and Deng's contracts?

cjswan232482

Liked Posts:
And they were Allstars? Now a guy averaging 8/8 makes more than both of them. Derrick Rose is 100% right even though he should not have said it.

RC_Skinny22

Sharpshooter
Donator
Liked Posts:
I love the tweet by Demarcus Cousins! :D

CR4nTSLWsAAgQvD.jpg

RoseMVP1

Liked Posts:
One of the most over paid players ever. I'm glad they paid him though cause they are in salary cap hell.

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
whats the point? another player being grossly overpaid doesn't make other bad contracts better

and nobody said what Derrick said was wrong...just that he was a dumbass for saying it

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I don't even think Deng's contract was bad.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I don't even think Deng's contract was bad.
It only seemed bad when he was injured. Then he suddenly became a workhorse under Thibs and everything was fine.

Alpha Male

Liked Posts:
It only seemed bad when he was injured. Then he suddenly became a workhorse under Thibs and everything was fine.

He did get a lot of crap from fans and ended up proving them wrong. His contract was worth what a player of his caliber should have gotten. Now if they had paid Ben Gordon it would have been bad.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
He did get a lot of crap from fans and ended up proving them wrong. His contract was worth what a player of his caliber should have gotten. Now if they had paid Ben Gordon it would have been bad.
Eh...I think BG would've continued to put up near 20ppg if he had stayed here. He had a clear role on the team. In Detroit and beyond, he never did. That was really his downfall more than a skill/athletic decline.

houheffna

Ignoring Idiots
Liked Posts:
Eh...I think BG would've continued to put up near 20ppg if he had stayed here. He had a clear role on the team. In Detroit and beyond, he never did. That was really his downfall more than a skill/athletic decline.

No he didn't have a clear role on the team. That's why they spent most of his tenure here trying to replace him.

Axl Rose

Liked Posts:
No he didn't have a clear role on the team. That's why they spent most of his tenure here trying to replace him.

and it took them 8 years to do it

2007 till last year when Jimmy finally broke out

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
His role was to score points...unless you saw something different? Or you're talking about the whole starter/sixth man thing.

Axl Rose

Liked Posts:
it was the ankle injury he suffered in his first year with Detroit that ruined his career

Prior to his ankle injury on Nov. 25 against the Cavs, Gordon was averaging 19.8 points per game with 44.3 percent shooting

those are usual Gordon numbers. my guess is he lost some of his explosiveness with the ankle injury (which needed surgery) and it hampered his game plus father time knocking at his door didn't help...theres no other explanation

you don't go from scoring 20 a game to complete scrub overnight with no reason

RC_Skinny22

Sharpshooter
Donator
Liked Posts:
The Pistons ruined his career in Detroit. Look what happened to Iverson there ...

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
it was the ankle injury he suffered in his first year with Detroit that ruined his career

those are usual Gordon numbers. my guess is he lost some of his explosiveness with the ankle injury (which needed surgery) and it hampered his game plus father time knocking at his door didn't help...theres no other explanation

you don't go from scoring 20 a game to complete scrub overnight with no reason

reason could have been he got paid the big $$$ and didn't take quite as good of care of himself as he used to...happens all the time

Axl Rose

Liked Posts:
reason could have been he got paid the big $$$ and didn't take quite as good of care of himself as he used to...happens all the time

hes a vegan now so he still seems to care about his health

but yeah its possible he lost some passion and didn't push himself like the old days

he wasn't in the greatest situation in Detroit. they sucked and he was shuffled around

RamiTheBullsFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Ben Gordon always sucked. An undersized 2-guard who could only move from side to side with the basketball and tunnel-vision for the hoop. He was turnover prone and was a lousy passer.

If you're trying to think of the best 2-guard the Bulls between Michael Jordan and Jimmy Butler, his name is Jalen Rose.

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
hes a vegan now so he still seems to care about his health

but yeah its possible he lost some passion and didn't push himself like the old days

he wasn't in the greatest situation in Detroit. they sucked and he was shuffled around

ahhh that explains it lol

Axl Rose

Liked Posts:
Jalen Rose did nothing for this franchise but put us out of reach of LeBron/Melo/Wade/Bosh and make us endure Kirk Hinrich....its hard to say thats better than a guy that helped bring us out of the dark ages

only Bulls list he should make is worst trades because on top of knocking us down the lotto standings we gave up 2 all-stars with one being a DPOY aswell

RamiTheBullsFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Jalen Rose did nothing for this franchise but put us out of reach of LeBron/Melo/Wade/Bosh and make us endure Kirk Hinrich....its hard to say thats better than a guy that helped bring us out of the dark ages

Jalen was a good player but he wasn't here long enough to be ranked on any Bulls list except made worst trades...we gave up Artest and Miller for him and as i said he chucked us out of Dwyane Wade right into Kirk Hinrich

thanks Jalen

Timing was everything. Had the shoe been on the other foot, your username would be AirJalen7.

Better player than BG. No matter when it happened. No matter how short it lasted.