Remydat's Final Mock Draft

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
11- Justin Fields - Predicated on the idea that Niners go Lance or Jones (hopefully Jones) and that no team jumps higher than 11 (looking at you Pats) for a QB. I think there is enough talent at other positions with OL, WRs and Pitts that the teams in the top 10 may not be too found of the idea of trading out of the top 10. Fields seems to be dropping some but he is a Newton-Wilson hybrid IMO and worth the gamble. As it is only 9 spots, able to get the Giants pick for a first and 3rd next year similar to the trade for Mahomes and Watson.

52 - Dillion Radunz - Think he has the ability to play RT or LT so likely to start his career on the right side before eventually replacing Leno on the left.

83 - Benjamin St-Justle - Big corner at 6-3 and over 200 pounds that gives the Bears 2 guys that can press and get physical with WRs on the outside.

164 -Josh Palmer - Nagy adds more speed to the O with a guy that has good size, ball skills and can get vertical.

204 - Jonathan Cooper - Edge guy from OSU which produces a lot of good edge players. Can be a rotational piece and then hopefully supplant Quinn after this year.

208 - Simi Fehoko - 6-4 and 230 with 4.37 speed, he can operate as a big slot WR and/or add a bit of weight and grow into a Trey Burton move TE.

221 - Josh Ball - Developmental Tackle prospect who could develop into the RT of the future once Radunz moves to LT.

228 - Avery Williams - Potential slot CB to eventually play the Skrine roll.

dentfan

No gods! No Masters!
Liked Posts:
11- Justin Fields - Predicated on the idea that Niners go Lance or Jones (hopefully Jones) and that no team jumps higher than 11 (looking at you Pats) for a QB. I think there is enough talent at other positions with OL, WRs and Pitts that the teams in the top 10 may not be too found of the idea of trading out of the top 10. Fields seems to be dropping some but he is a Newton-Wilson hybrid IMO and worth the gamble. As it is only 9 spots, able to get the Giants pick for a first and 3rd next year similar to the trade for Mahomes and Watson.

52 - Dillion Radunz - Think he has the ability to play RT or LT so likely to start his career on the right side before eventually replacing Leno on the left.

83 - Benjamin St-Justle - Big corner at 6-3 and over 200 pounds that gives the Bears 2 guys that can press and get physical with WRs on the outside.

164 -Josh Palmer - Nagy adds more speed to the O with a guy that has good size, ball skills and can get vertical.

204 - Jonathan Cooper - Edge guy from OSU which produces a lot of good edge players. Can be a rotational piece and then hopefully supplant Quinn after this year.

208 - Simi Fehoko - 6-4 and 230 with 4.37 speed, he can operate as a big slot WR and/or add a bit of weight and grow into a Trey Burton move TE.

221 - Josh Ball - Developmental Tackle prospect who could develop into the RT of the future once Radunz moves to LT.

Fields at 11 isn't too terrible.

I'm thinking two outside receivers wouldn't be the best. Maybe a big receiver like Palmer, who I do like, and then a jitterbug slot later.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Fields at 11 isn't too terrible.

I'm thinking two outside receivers wouldn't be the best. Maybe a big receiver like Palmer, who I do like, and then a jitterbug slot later.
Well until we move Miller, I think we have Miller/Mooney/Goodwin and Cohen that can spend time in the slot. I think we also need to plan for ARob's eventual departure so 2 outside guys make sense. I would also say Fehoko I view as someone that can play the big slot WR/move TE role that Burton had as he can probably add 10 mounts without sacrificing too much of the sub 4.4 speed so some versatility their.

dentfan

No gods! No Masters!
Liked Posts:
Well until we move Miller, I think we have Miller/Mooney/Goodwin and Cohen that can spend time in the slot. I think we also need to plan for ARob's eventual departure so 2 outside guys make sense. I would also say Fehoko I view as someone that can play the big slot WR/move TE role that Burton had as he can probably add 10 mounts without sacrificing too much of the sub 4.4 speed so some versatility their.

I get it: the classic Pace double up move. I see what you're thinking with Fehoko as a big WR/UTE, but I don't know anything about his blocking.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I get it: the classic Pace double up move. I see what you're thinking with Fehoko as a big WR/UTE, but I don't know anything about his blocking.

A bit unknown but his scouting report notes he possesses the physicality to play special teams. In any event, you stick him in the slot with Mooney, Arob and Kmet and then the question becomes do teams go with a nickel back in which case he should hold up blocking or do they go with a LB in which case his sub 4.4 speed can clear out space.

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
One thing to note is the Giants GM, Dave Gettleman, has never traded down. Literally never. Not in the 1st. Not in any round ever.

Also with 12 being the Eagles, who already traded down; the Chargers who could potentially move up if Sewell doesn't go top 6 (seems very possible at this point); and the division rival Vikings at 14.....I say just go up to 8 or 9 and give up a little extra if you have to.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
One thing to note is the Giants GM, Dave Gettleman, has never traded down. Literally never. Not in the 1st. Not in any round ever.

Also with 12 being the Eagles, who already traded down; the Chargers who could potentially move up if Sewell doesn't go top 6 (seems very possible at this point); and the division rival Vikings at 14.....I say just go up to 8 or 9 and give up a little extra if you have to.

Yeah I base that on him saying he is open to the idea this year and the fact they have reportedly getting a few calls to do so. Although part of the premise of them being willing to trade back is if only 3 QBs go in the top 10 then that is 2 guys at other positions that get drafted and take away from the Giants targets. Of course if 5 QBs go in the top 10 then more players at other positions available at 11.

In any event, not opposed to go up a bit closer.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange

Can't see Radunz falling to #52 but that would be great if he did and Josh Palmer is my sleeper WR so i love that pick at #164.