Report: Blackhawks looking to deal Duncan Keith?

Granada

Liked Posts:

Can't say I'm completely shocked, but it is a bit of a bummer, at least for me. Contrary to what many others think, I still think Keith is a top 4 D-man and would be huge on a Cup contender and a relatively deep blue line. The guy still has plenty of hockey left in him, as evidenced by his minutes and his responsibilities (PK, etc.). I will be extremely sad if Keith leaves, but I'd understand if he doesn't want to stick around anymore and if he wants another Cup before his career ends soon; he's certainly not getting it here anytime soon. I just hope Bowman doesn't fuck this up, because this could be a glorious haul; and it should be, considering Keith's pedigree and contract.

hawkinmontreal

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Oakland Athletics
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Duke Blue Devils
Can't say I'm completely shocked, but it is a bit of a bummer, at least for me. Contrary to what many others think, I still think Keith is a top 4 D-man and would be huge on a Cup contender and a relatively deep blue line. The guy still has plenty of hockey left in him, as evidenced by his minutes and his responsibilities (PK, etc.). I will be extremely sad if Keith leaves, but I'd understand if he doesn't want to stick around anymore and if he wants another Cup before his career ends soon; he's certainly not getting it here anytime soon. I just hope Bowman doesn't fuck this up, because this could be a glorious haul; and it should be, considering Keith's pedigree and contract.
Now Granada I dont want to spark rumours here, but Toews comes back, Keith weighing out possible trade offers all the time while the Hawks are fighting a sexual abuse allegation. Is it coincidence.

Granada

Liked Posts:
Now Granada I dont want to spark rumours here, but Toews comes back, Keith weighing out possible trade offers all the time while the Hawks are fighting a sexual abuse allegation. Is it coincidence.

I feel like it is just coincidence, but I could be wrong.

hawkinmontreal

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Oakland Athletics
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Duke Blue Devils
I feel like it is just coincidence, but I could be wrong.
I am hoping for the same, but you know as I said in your other post one way or the other all arrows will point to the elephant in the room, the media will be buzzing around this and conspiracies will be flying of the handle as they would, under the circumstances surrounding this team. Toews and Keith were the leaders of this team at that time, or are players really oblivious to the ongoings behind closed doors. Toews is definitely good media attention for a team that is certainly down in the dumps right now.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
We need to gain about 400 lbs in the iff-sraain.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Cubs & Blackhawks both need to be blowing their rosters up ASAP

HSBOB

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
It might be a coincidence but Foley's retirement announcement came just days before the story broke too.

HSBOB

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
With only two left on Keith's deal,recapture becomes less of a factor and the guy is incredibly fit and healthy. Not a Norris caliber D-man at this point any longer but a resurgence with the right team is far from out of the question and a better leader you won't find.
Maybe a frail,fragile Lil dude like Boq or Beaudin are ready to give the team 25 minutes a night against the opponent's best and maybe I'm the Easter bunny!

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
It's less than a coincidence, both of these things have long been talked about before the sexual abuse allegations came to light.

The deal only makes sense if it's in order to bring a young big name in. Someone who can be a core member. If it's just to create room to fill holes then it's horseshit. The salary dump wouldn't be enough to fill enough holes to make it worth the giant hold he would leave. It has to be an organizational move, not a win now move.

hawkinmontreal

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Oakland Athletics
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Duke Blue Devils
With only two left on Keith's deal,recapture becomes less of a factor and the guy is incredibly fit and healthy. Not a Norris caliber D-man at this point any longer but a resurgence with the right team is far from out of the question and a better leader you won't find.
Maybe a frail,fragile Lil dude like Boq or Beaudin are ready to give the team 25 minutes a night against the opponent's best and maybe I'm the Easter bunny!
Stan better not be trading Keith to keep Zandorov, I think I will fucking lose it, if that’s the case.

hawkinmontreal

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Oakland Athletics
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Duke Blue Devils
The rebuild started two yeas ago the FO said........that was the same summer they spent 20 million on worthless or damaged players. What they need to blow up is that FO!
That’s starts with Rocky opening his eyes and realizing the Bowmans are destroying this team, until then it will be the same old.

Bust

Liked Posts:
Hopefully Toes gets wind of the latest Duncan Keith trade rumors and retires for good this time...

“Bottom line is, I want to win,” Toews told Lazerus. “The expectation for the other leaders on this team and myself is to come ready to training camp every year to be a playoff team. We prepare ourselves to win a Cup for our fans. I’ve never been told that we were going through a rebuild. That has never been communicated to me, for that matter. A lot of this comes as a shock because it’s a completely different direction than we expected.”

“It’s sad,” Toews said. “It’s really disappointing. Crow has given so much to this team. I feel he was ready to bring more in the next few years and still be a big part of this group. He had that mindset that he could help this team go deep in the playoffs again, and there’s no doubt that he could.”

Granada

Liked Posts:
Stan better not be trading Keith to keep Zandorov, I think I will fucking lose it, if that’s the case.

I think they're both gone. According to Eklund (so take with a gigantic grain of salt, obviously), the Hawks are "in" on both Jones and Hamilton; and trading Keith frees up 12 million with Seabs' retirement. I'm not saying I believe this rumor, but it's out there.

If Bowman's track record is any indication, here's what will probably happen:

Rumored to be in on Jones/Hamilton.

Will miss on both.

Bowman: "yeah, we were really close on both; we put in great offers, it just didn't work out (like Suter and Parise)."

End game: Bowman will sign an Injury-prone retread on a cheap one year deal, who happens to be a UFA this year, like this guy:

1625177394582.png

(Disclaimer: not that I have anything against Hammer, loved the guy when he was here; just making fun of Bowman)

HSBOB

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
That’s starts with Rocky opening his eyes and realizing the Bowmans are destroying this team, until then it will be the same old.
As I said in another post my friend,two summers ago found SB trading for Maata @4M(already retained money to make him go away)and deHAAN @4.55M(dam near untradeable and we threw in Forsling)while the Habs signed Ben Chiarot for 3.5M as an URA and Montreal was FAR from a 'go to' location at the time.
They also picked up Edmundson for a FITH round pick from the Canes last summer while we traded Saad for a Russian pylon and retained a million on top of it.

I believe they also signed Toffoli as an URA for 4.2M while we were giving up a 2nd and a 3rd for a damaged Andrew Shaw @3.9M.

Do these kind of things often enough and here we are!

We'll get to watch Chiarot and Edmundson(two big,tough bastards)in the SCF tomorrow night......Toffoli too.