REPORT: Caleb Williams wasn’t a factor in the Bears decision to move on from a 6th round value QB 😮

DefNextYear

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Media and team, no. Here on this board, yes.
Keyshawn sucks and would be a bad representation of the media… but he is media and he did argue against resetting the clock for the Bears specifically. So there’s at least one example of the media also saying it. I don’t remember if he called it a myth, but he essentially said that it is.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
The best thing was the shot Poles took at Pace.

Calabis

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

jazzmcfunk

Liked Posts:
I know some players were mad Fields got traded, but I'm wondering what the overall feeling in the locker room is? Do the players see the trade as respectful to Fields? If so, it's worth the "diminished" value.

dbldrew

Liked Posts:
"Doing right by Justin" was most likely VERY similar offers from a couple of teams, and they sent Justin to the one he preferred. If one team offered a 3rd rounder...Justin would be there now.

There weren't better offers left on the table.
exactly this.. if Poles passed on a 3rd rounder he should be shown the door the next day.. I could see passing on a 5th round for the 6th that might turn into a 4th. but but the reality is the NFL did not value a QB that is not very good as a passer which is why it was a low offer

Toast88

Liked Posts:
No one said that

If anything that was the main reason to move on outside of anything else

Toast88

Liked Posts:
The whole “Poles could’ve gotten a better deal” narrative is extremely suspect.

The one who keeps pushing it is Courtney Cronin, who finally admitted today on Waddle & Silvy that the team told her that, but didn’t tell her what those offers were. (Hmmm)

Adam Hoge has said there was a “similar” offer that was basically the same, and intimated it was a 7th Rounder this year. (As we’ve seen, though, Hoge lately doesn’t seem very plugged in and plays the hindsight game a ton while pretending to have inside info.)

Ian Rapoport simply said there was a similar offer, but that the similar offer was potentially slightly better.

Did Poles accept a 2025 6th instead of a 2024 7th? Maybe. In any case, Ryan Poles did not leave any meaningful assets on the table to send Fields to Pittsburgh to sit behind Russell Wilson. That’s ridiculous.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
It's funny how people so willingly believe this BS. Was no need to reset the QB clock as the QB had another full year on his rookie contract. Are you just saying you couldn't pass up that huge 6th rounder return? LMAO

The real reason they traded Justin is precisely because of Caleb. Justin is very popular with his teammates and it would have put Williams in an awkward position and was likely to cause him to run and cry to his parents on a weekly basis.