CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Call me crazy, and apologies if this has been mentioned, but I'm guessing it was either Attaochu or Kmet. Those two are the team representatives to the NFLPA and probably the most versed in the cba.

Alpha Male

Liked Posts:
Doesn't matter who leaked it. The bears broke the rules and should be fined.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
You were one of his most ardent supporters even after 17 when it was pretty much proven he was an idiot.
I always give benefit of doubt and try to understand why things are done. I also gave Mitch until his 3rd year to decide on him. Doesn't mean I agree with moves. I understand the uncertainty of drafts and how QBs can take time. I liked Mitch fine that draft but my thoughts were to trade down 6-10 spots and take whichever QB was left so no, I didn't like the move but if he got Mitch right, it wasn't a big deal. Had Cleveland jumped us and Mitch was the lone QB success, you'd be the 1st to pound Pace for letting it happen. Even though personally would have tried to accumulate an extra pick or 2, the hand ringing over losing a few extra mid round picks was over the top. The issue was investing that extra to pick the wrong guy. An unfortunate pattern.

It's less about trading up, then getting it wrong when you do. You need a significantly higher hit rate when you do that. Pace obviously did not but you usually don't know that until these guys have some time under their belts. I have issues with know it alls that are so sure of outcomes on draft day. Are they usually right? Sure. On average, most picks bust out but I'll continue to be a fan, thank you. Now go ahead and continue to see things in balck and white and be unreasonable with that jaundiced eye of yours.

The who sucked harder discussion is fun enough but kinda silly anyway. Pace certainly had plenty of shit to be able to shovel but I think his cap management was the worst and I had some pretty intense arguments with posters here about that, then his FA signings like Glennon, then trade up fails. I can't even blame him for White even though I wouldn't have taken him there. It's a draft with unknowns that i wont assume to be expert about. Just somewhat opinionated. Pace seemed a nice enough guy but had an arrogance about him. Hated the way he wouldn't actually say anything on the few occasions he'd accommodate the press. Obviously didn't know what he didn't know and overestimated is own ability.

I wanted Pace and Nagy gone after 2020 but to be honest, I was not against moving Pace upstairs, not as a reward but because the thought the next GM not having a football guy to bounce things off of was going to be more of the same. George was certainly not going outside the for that hire. It's been an issue here forever and became significantly more important once the cap and FA took hold in the mid 90s. Talking to scouts and coaches is not the same under the current system. We ended up with the best possible scenario and much preferred move of Poles being allowed to hire Cunningham as Asst GM. Best move Poles and George made after the GM hire and much preferred to retaining Pace in any capacity.

My dislike for Pace is tempered by what I think is best for the Bear. I am not driven by personal grudges. I'm absolutely thrilled the Bear ended up with the best possible solution outside or finding a good experienced president of football operations (not Pace) and obviously not going to happen.

Last edited:

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
Call me crazy, and apologies if this has been mentioned, but I'm guessing it was either Attaochu or Kmet. Those two are the team representatives to the NFLPA and probably the most versed in the cba
There were reps from nflpa watching who reported it. Yes, the more physical they can be staying inside the rules Will make this team more competitive.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
There were reps from nflpa watching who reported it. Yes, the more physical they can be staying inside the rules Will make this team more competitive.
Hmm, I wonder if they have guys at every minicamp.

Rush

Fuck it, Go Deep
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Carolina Hurricanes
  1. Duke Blue Devils
idk if this was posted and im definitely not checking 7 pages but snitches get stitches.

Liked Posts:
Non story. You have a roster in transition and significant turnover that's mostly made up of players still on first year deals, 1 year prove it deals, and 11 rookies from the draft as well as any remaining UDFAs.

You don't want to wait until July to start getting a look at what you have playing to contact. Get as many looks in as you can.

The penalty for that being the loss of PRO athletes playing grab ass in gym shorts for one "practice", I will take as a reasonable trade off.