My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
No thanks to Niese.

Now watch him dominate the Cubs this week because I said that.

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
But honestly, I'm either taking a shot at Hammels or I'm pushing for Price in the offseason.

chibears55

Liked Posts:
A's RHP Sonny Gray scratched tonight vs. Rockies, reports Tracy Ringolsby. RHP Chris Bassitt replaces him. Club has not confirmed.

Start the cubs rumors

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I527 using Tapatalk

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
A's RHP Sonny Gray scratched tonight vs. Rockies, reports Tracy Ringolsby. RHP Chris Bassitt replaces him. Club has not confirmed.

Start the cubs rumors

He has the flu

hyatt151

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'd love to see them get Sonny Gray, and I'd have no problem with them overpaying a tad.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
He is okay. Not a game changing talent. Had a good game vs a inept Cubs line up.

Now I was just musing Ramirez. Would you let him start next year? He was a starter when the Cubs traded for him. To replace him in the pen promote Edwards and let him ease into the majors.

Now stuff wise Ramirez is nasty. Any question would be in his durability. Well something to mill over at least.

chibears55

Liked Posts:
He is okay. Not a game changing talent. Had a good game vs a inept Cubs line up.

Now I was just musing Ramirez. Would you let him start next year? He was a starter when the Cubs traded for him. To replace him in the pen promote Edwards and let him ease into the majors.

Now stuff wise Ramirez is nasty. Any question would be in his durability. Well something to mill over at least.
Assuming they add another starter in off season, who would he replace ? Hendricks as 5th starter

Lester Arrieta Hammel will all return. .

DaRev

Liked Posts:
Can we use Wada in the pen and get another starting?

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Assuming they add another starter in off season, who would he replace ? Hendricks as 5th starter

Lester Arrieta Hammel will all return. .

It is not set in stone that they will add a arm.

chibears55

Liked Posts:
It is not set in stone that they will add a arm.
Sure it is.. their talking about adding one now before the deadline. .

I actually wouldn't be against using Hendricks as a centerpiece to bring in price or hamels

CSF77

Liked Posts:

I actually wouldn't be against using Hendricks as a centerpiece to bring in price or hamels

Jed said they needed pitching depth.

"We've got another four weeks to evaluate where we are," Hoyer said, looking ahead to the July 31 non-waiver Trade Deadline. "With Wada's injury and Roach coming out to pitch, we've had several other short starts, and it would make sense [to add pitching].
"We know we have to add starting depth," Hoyer said. "We'll see where we are as we get closer to the Deadline. You can't make someone available. That's why I think it'll be a Deadline where we have to try to be creative and think through different avenues."
When Spring Training began, the Cubs felt they had plenty of depth, counting Eric Jokisch, Dallas Beeler, Felix Doubront and Jacob Turner as options. But Jokisch and Beeler have battled injuries this season, Turner is on the 60-day disabled list and recently had a setback, and Doubront was released.
It also didn't help that Kyle Hendricks went five innings on Wednesday and Jon Lester lasted four innings on Thursday. The short outings have put a burden on the bullpen.
"We need to get more length [from the starters]," Hoyer said. "The quality the last few days -- except for Jake [Arrieta on Friday] -- hasn't been there."
Did the Cubs not prepare enough this offseason?
"Was it a miscalculation? I guess you could say it was," Hoyer said. "Turner was hurt, Beeler and Jokisch at different times have been hurt, [Minor Leaguer Pierce] Johnson's been hurt. It's taken away from an area that we thought would have some depth."

The way he was talking that means depth. Not spending on a TOR. He never said that he was looking for a TOR. All he said is he needs more numbers to fill in for injuries.

Anyways, I didn't even think of Pierce Johnson at all. He would be in AAA next year. He lines up with Hammel hitting F/A. Something tells me that they will most likely extend Hammel again as he has made it known that he is a Cub. So Johnson will end up needing a spot.

To be honest they could just use rentals until the farm solves the problem. They have been mass drafting pitching and that wave will hit pretty soon.

TC in Mississippi

CCS Staff
Liked Posts:

Unless something very strange happens they are not bringing in a TOR arm and most likely not a rental, with the possible exception of Dan Haren. Even if it's not Haren the Marlins are a likely trade partner with both Tom Koehler and Brad Hand being talked about. Andrew Cashner is another possibility if San Diego sells him low. Beyond that I wouldn't get your hopes up.

chibears55

Liked Posts:
Unless something very strange happens they are not bringing in a TOR arm and most likely not a rental, with the possible exception of Dan Haren. Even if it's not Haren the Marlins are a likely trade partner with both Tom Koehler and Brad Hand being talked about. Andrew Cashner is another possibility if San Diego sells him low. Beyond that I wouldn't get your hopes up.
I dont expect a TOR either this deadline, unless like you said something crazy happens.. but that guy most likely not coming til the off season. .

I do expect them to make a deal for someone that gonna fill the void in that 4 slot and most likely do it in next week or two..
If it a met starter, wouldn't surprise me if they leave NY with him

CSF77

Liked Posts:

They need to add something for this year's run. Next year they really don't have anything ready. Edwards is still not starting games so I expect him babied for the next 2 years in the pen. Johnson is a year out. Rest are not even in AA yet so don't expect anything emerging for at least 3 years.

So they could try to get a guy for this year and with control over next year. It doesn't cause any issues. Niese would be okay but I wouldn't give up anything of value for him. Mets need O. So I would give them Olt. Wright has been injured too much and Olt would be a solid gain for them. That pushes Murphy back to 2B. Flores to SS.

As an add...I would guess a arm. Mets' O is lacking but I don't see anything the Cubs willing to give up as a improvement to what they have.

2015 28 New York Mets $7,000,000 5.107
2016 29 New York Mets $9,000,000
2017 30 New York Mets *$10,000,000 $10M Team Option, $500k Buyout
2018 31 New York Mets *$11,000,000 $11M Team Option, $500k Buyout
Earliest Free Agent: 2017

So Cubs would be getting the Mets off the hook on his contract. He firs the 2nd LH arm in the rotation. Over all it would be an improvement to Wood/Wada.

Maybe Wood to offset the cash. So Wood/Olt. Then they can not offer Wood Arb and get out of that deal. Cubs get a #4 SP under control til 2017/18.

It wouldn't be that bad. Cubs don't have much in LHSP nearing to the bigs anyways.

TC in Mississippi

CCS Staff
Liked Posts:
I dont expect a TOR either this deadline, unless like you said something crazy happens.. but that guy most likely not coming til the off season. .

I do expect them to make a deal for someone that gonna fill the void in that 4 slot and most likely do it in next week or two..
If it a met starter, wouldn't surprise me if they leave NY with him

If it's Niese I kind of hope not but I wouldn't be surprised. Ideally, out of those names, I'd like Koehler or Cashner because both of those guys should be better than are and Bosio has a good track record with those kind of guys.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
If it's Niese I kind of hope not but I wouldn't be surprised. Ideally, out of those names, I'd like Koehler or Cashner because both of those guys should be better than are and Bosio has a good track record with those kind of guys.

Cash is sucking in a pitcher friendly park this year. Koehler is not that bad and would cost something significant. I don't see Theo giving up anything that he considers in the plans.

As in "plans": Schwarber/Baez/Alcantara. I could see Fowler leaving Via F/A. Montero traded. Schwarber in at Catcher under Ross's guide. Alcantara leading off playing CF. (He has lead off all year at AAA). Bryant moved to LF and Baez at 3B. That is the most likely scenario next year. I don't see them messing with that much.