Report: Cliff Lee To The Twins Done

hsvj60

Liked Posts:
EDITED:

In a sense all teams pay high for players and what the yanks do is a better return for them. For the rest of the teams they invest huge amounts of money in young players and a ton of them never pan out and they lose money that way. The yanks pay big bucks but make big bucks by winning Championships almost for the same money that other clubs pay young players to develop. I know some of the Yank contracts are really huge but the player is producing big and filling up the stadium so are the Yanks really out paying/bidding other teams or are they just smarter with the money they spend...hmmm something to kic around I guess

Sorry for all the typos must of had a few Buds...hicup

Last edited:

CODE_BLUE56

Ded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
looks like lee to the yanks

Got teeth? Keith doesn't.

JoeHawks is a fine gent
Liked Posts:
in a sense all temas pay high for players and what the yanks do is a better return for them for the rest of the teams they invest huge amounts of money in young players and a ton them never pan out and they lose money that way the yanks pay big bucks but make big bucks by winning Championships almost for the same money that other clubs pay young players to develop. I know some of the Yank contracts are really huge but the player is producing big and filling up the staadium so are the Yanks really out paying/bidding other teams or are they just smarter with the money they spend...hmmm something to kic around I guess

I pretty much like half got this post lol

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
Buster Olney said he's going to the Rangers, according to ESPN.

Jntg4

Fire Forum Moderator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Chicago State Cougars
  2. DePaul Blue Demons
  3. Illinois-Chicago Flames
  4. Loyola Ramblers
  5. Northern Illinois Huskies
  6. Northwestern Wildcats
It's Official, he and some injured guy to Texas for Smoak and 3 others.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
Well, better Texas than the Yanks. But that really makes the Rangers a scary team. Good thing we don't play them again this season.

Got teeth? Keith doesn't.

JoeHawks is a fine gent
Liked Posts:
I like this deal for the Rangers as well. Smoak is most likely going to be a monster and Beavan is a solid pitching prospect. Lueke is allegedly a rapist and Lawson is having a nice year in AA. But now the Rangers improve their below average rotation with a huge upgrade and also a solid reliever in Lowe.

GrinderBall41

Sox/B'Hawks/Bears/Purdue
Liked Posts:
Whoa Texas gave up on Smoak? They are really going for it this year.

Roast Chicken

Liked Posts:
Whoa Texas gave up on Smoak? They are really going for it this year.
I don't blame them at all. That franchise hasn't won jack squat in its entire history and they're almost NEVER in this position in the standings this late in the season.

Plus, they're bankrupt and desperately need to generate fan interest.

GrinderBall41

Sox/B'Hawks/Bears/Purdue
Liked Posts:
I don't blame them at all. That franchise hasn't won jack squat in its entire history and they're almost NEVER in this position in the standings this late in the season.

Plus, they're bankrupt and desperately need to generate fan interest.

True.