REPORT: Cutler WANTED Marshall Gone

Status
Not open for further replies.

BearFanJohn

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Not sure if you guys saw this on Twitter, but in the aftermath of the Marshall trade, it's come out that Cutler's massive contract may have been the real reason why Brandon is no longer a Bear.

In the past, Cutler has repeatedly said he just wants to win and when they were negotiating his extension he was very candid about the numbers not being what's important to him.

He said he didn't want to be a financial drain on the franchise that would keep talented players from being signed or retained.

So now it looks like the FO called him on this and it must have been BS the ENTIRE TIME. He could have restructured to keep his supposed BFF and the Bears BEST WR talent with the team.

HE DIDN'T.

I'm sure there is more to this rumor and that more facts will come out. Looks like the FO is sending a message - YOU TAKE OUR MONEY, WE TAKE YOUR WEAPONS AWAY!!!

It will be interesting to see who else will be a victim of Cutler's contract...

I think for this to be true then Cutler would now restructure after Marshall is gone.

nvanprooyen

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
This was funny.

But closed.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Trade - The more I think about it,

.... the more I think shipping Marshall was partly for the benefit of Cutler. Thinking back on it, I think his best football was probably played without Marshall, and I feel there may have been a lingering implication of association between the two of them in the locker room, and the problems with Marshall probably aren't going to have a positive influence on Cutler.

I'm thinking they want to play a year with him and see what they can do with some real coaching now that he's older. I hope it works out. I'm really feeling that the absence of Marshall might be the last chance for him to succeed.

BeerMe

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
we already did this thread

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
.... the more I think shipping Marshall was partly for the benefit of Cutler. Thinking back on it, I think his best football was probably played without Marshall, and I feel there may have been a lingering implication of association between the two of them in the locker room, and the problems with Marshall probably aren't going to have a positive influence on Cutler.

I'm thinking they want to play a year with him and see what they can do with some real coaching now that he's older. I hope it works out. I'm really feeling that the absence of Marshall might be the last chance for him to succeed.

Im with ya! I think it could be the biggest addition by subtraction move in the History of the NFL if this finally turns Cutler around.

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Yep, this is finally the year we crack the Cutler Code...

y7fn9OhC9ZXFXwBQQowkcz2PME0.gif

Kekua Zombie

Liked Posts:
Brandon Marshall sucks, I'm really excited to see Eddie Royal one-hand catch the fuck out of the ball. Plus, Eddie loves Cutler.:fap:

Packer Fan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Im with ya! I think it could be the biggest addition by subtraction move in the History of the NFL if this finally turns Cutler around.

I wish Pace and Fox would start saying goofy shit so that I could be confident in making fun of them for getting rid of arguably their best player.

BearsFan51

Liked Posts:

You mean when Cutler's tendency to say "fuck it" and target Marshall even when he was triple covered was detrimental to Cutler's overall production? Naaaaahhhh...

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:

Think_about_your_life.gif

Naptastic

Liked Posts:
You mean when Cutler's tendency to say "fuck it" and target Marshall even when he was triple covered was detrimental to Cutler's overall production? Naaaaahhhh...
Right, so now he'll just chuck it to a receiver that's not an all-star.

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:

I honest can't understand this logic. It's not like Cutler was actually any better when he didn't have a #1 target to force feed. Cutler is going to force throws and try to make plays (regardless if there is even a play to be made) no matter who he throws to. IMO, it just so happened that a player like Marshall can bail him out on his poor accuracy and get YAC to make him look good.

Having a great WR is not a crutch for a QB. Cutler is his own crutch.

dabearsjjk

Liked Posts:
Be nice if our #1 wr was more on a locker room std instead of a cancer (ya I stole that)

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:

You sound more like a Cutty fanboy everyday. First, he didn't have good enough weapons and now getting rid of an elite wr is suppose to help him. GOOD GAWD, man.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Sorry guys. I have a tendency to give Cutler's next chance too much optimism at times. It comes from trying to look at things from all angles. It's my objectivity kicking in.

Status
Not open for further replies.