REPORT: Cutler WANTED Marshall Gone

Status
Not open for further replies.

NCChiFan

Bald, fat, toothless
Donator
Liked Posts:
Not sure if you guys saw this on Twitter, but in the aftermath of the Marshall trade, it's come out that Cutler's massive contract may have been the real reason why Brandon is no longer a Bear.

In the past, Cutler has repeatedly said he just wants to win and when they were negotiating his extension he was very candid about the numbers not being what's important to him.

He said he didn't want to be a financial drain on the franchise that would keep talented players from being signed or retained.

So now it looks like the FO called him on this and it must have been BS the ENTIRE TIME. He could have restructured to keep his supposed BFF and the Bears BEST WR talent with the team.

HE DIDN'T.

I'm sure there is more to this rumor and that more facts will come out. Looks like the FO is sending a message - YOU TAKE OUR MONEY, WE TAKE YOUR WEAPONS AWAY!!!

It will be interesting to see who else will be a victim of Cutler's contract...

What are you talking about, his contract can be changed by the Bears if the BEARS deem it necessary by taking future funds and giving it to Jay in the form of immediate bonus. But, what does this have to do with Marshall, Marshall's contract isn't big and it has years on it. It is basically a deal. There is no taking Marshall, Marshall wasn't a F/A, the Bears had to want to get rid of him.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Theory doesn't hold water.

Where in the twitterverse are you getting this stuff from?

Dangit, I closed the whole browser instead of the one tab. I'm searching again but have to go to a meeting - I'll try to dig this stuff back up later and update the OP. :(

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
I have a source that told my ISIS would lay down their arms if Cutler would restructure his contract to allow the Bears to trade for S Husain Abdullah. He declined.

Liked Posts:
Not sure if you guys saw this on Twitter, but in the aftermath of the Marshall trade, it's come out that Cutler's massive contract may have been the real reason why Brandon is no longer a Bear.

In the past, Cutler has repeatedly said he just wants to win and when they were negotiating his extension he was very candid about the numbers not being what's important to him.

He said he didn't want to be a financial drain on the franchise that would keep talented players from being signed or retained.

So now it looks like the FO called him on this and it must have been BS the ENTIRE TIME. He could have restructured to keep his supposed BFF and the Bears BEST WR talent with the team.

HE DIDN'T.

I'm sure there is more to this rumor and that more facts will come out. Looks like the FO is sending a message - YOU TAKE OUR MONEY, WE TAKE YOUR WEAPONS AWAY!!!

I have a hard time believing this. If this were actually the case, they would have just released Cutler instead of taking "his weapons away."

PrideisBears

Jordan Sigler’s editor
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Well, I'm just going off of the Twittersphere, waiting for the real journalists to put these details together. I'm reading Marshall getting dealt as Pace punishing Cutler for stealing the Baers money....

Aint your fault man. You àre just reporting the reports

Liked Posts:
Well, I'm just going off of the Twittersphere, waiting for the real journalists to put these details together. I'm reading Marshall getting dealt as Pace punishing Cutler for stealing the Baers money....
You must learn how to read the tea leaves. Marshall was dealt because and only because of his attitude and behavior this past season. He helped derail the team last year and getting rid of him was necessary in order to change the culture.

jc456

Liked Posts:

HE DIDN'T.

because that makes so much sense.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
You must learn how to read the tea leaves. Marshall was dealt because and only because of his attitude and behavior this past season. He helped derail the team last year and getting rid of him was necessary in order to change the culture.

I've seen no real reports of this, just speculation by people on a messageboard or folks getting trolled by sports radio.

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
link please? Seems like lots of reading between lines and tea leaves and connecting dots and shit...

Liked Posts:
I've seen no real reports of this, just speculation by people on a messageboard or folks getting trolled by sports radio.
It's more logical that the twitter theory you posted. We have quotes from witnesses and Marshall himself that leads us to believe he was a big time distraction. There's no room for that now under the new regime.

ZenBear34

Liked Posts:
by the by though i'm curious to see the actual report(who it was from and what it was about)...it would not surprise me one bit if cutler wanted marshall gone. they were not on the same page often last season. it seemed pretty obvious that there was a rift between them just from watching them on the field.

Status
Not open for further replies.