Report: Kyle Fuller won't be returning to the Bears

Alpha Male

Liked Posts:
I think pace learned is lesson from alshon. He will slap the tag.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
Very much this. One standout season where he was still marginally better than Prince. Better use of that money elsewhere.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Like cornerback?

circusboy666

Liked Posts:
Whether fuller wants to be here or not pace must slap the tag on him. No need to use #8 on CB when we have plenty of other holes.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
I think pace learned is lesson from alshon. He will slap the tag.
Yeah the Bears totally should have franchised him and then tried to work out a long term deal after his rookie contract expired...oh, wait, they did do that.

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
As long as he isn't asking to be the highest paid CB in the league, I don't see how Pace can't get something done. It would be asinine to let him go. Pace's whole M.O. so far is build through the draft, so he can't keep letting homegrown players leave. We'll never 'rebuild' if he lets that happen.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
If this is true, what should be alarming is why Bears veterans want off this team. We haven't been .500 in like 5 years. Only won more than 5 games in one of the last four seasons...and that was only 6 games. The NFL players know we are the New York Jets of the NFC. Only Cleveland and Tampa have longer playoff droughts. They don't want to play here.
Selective memory. Long, Leno, Young, and Hicks have signed recent extensions. AJ's reasons have been discussed ad nauseam. I could see Fuller leaving as well. I doubt he is over Vic calling him out two seasons ago.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Pace didn't do everything possible to keep him. A second tag made perfect sense.
$17.5M?
For a guy that doesn't want to be in CHI?
For a guy that hasn't reached 850 yards or 60 receptions in 3 seasons?
That would have just left the next season?
Really?
Perfect sense?
200.gif

Alpha Male

Liked Posts:
$17.5M?
For a guy that doesn't want to be in CHI?
For a guy that hasn't reached 850 yards or 60 receptions in 3 seasons?
That would have just left the next season?
Really?
Perfect sense?
200.gif

Yeah it did. Did you forget the shit that Pace's rookie qb was throwing to last year? I guess he need to save that $17 mill for the prize of 2017 FA mike glennon.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Many are saying Fitzpatrick has some physical limitations keeping him from opening his hips fast enough to be an effective CB. That’s why a lot of scouts are saying he’ll likely stick as safety in the league. I think he’s among the handful of guys who absolutely look like elite players. Truth be told, there’s a lot of guys I’d be happy with at 8, including Fitzpatrick, Nelson, Davenport, Jackson, Ridley and a few others. The Bears would have to fuck up pretty bad on draft night to disappoint me. Don’t take that as a challenge, Pace!

Yeah i see enough guys around the same level of each other that a trade down makes perfect sense in the 1st round if we can find the right team to trade with and get the right return. We could trade down to the early 20"s or mid to late teens and still end up with a C.Ridley, M.Hughes, H.Landry or one of the top OT's or OG's. Plenty of names i could name that i see as around the same talent level in this draft.

Scouting combine will change things up and give us a lot of questions answered on a lot of players. Really wanna see what J.Jackson runs the 40 in and really wanna see M.Fitzpatrick in the CB drills to see how smooth he turns his hips and moves his feet.

dbldrew

Liked Posts:
Yeah it did. Did you forget the shit that Pace's rookie qb was throwing to last year? I guess he need to save that $17 mill for the prize of 2017 FA mike glennon.

so maybe we would of won enough games so Fox is still here? all to be still looking for a WR anyway?

IBleedBearsBlood

Liked Posts:
If he isn't out to break the bank I'd like to see him stay.

I would too. Yeah he’s not the best out there. Truth is, we are not going to have the best at every position on our team. You just try to keep the best you have if you don’t have someone better to replace them. Your going to lose some battles. It’s about winning more battles than your competitor. Eagles gave up all them points to the patriots. They made one great play against the pats and they won the Super Bowl. It’s about making more good plays against your competition. Your going to get beat plenty of times.

Sent from my iPhone X using Tapatalk

IBleedBearsBlood

Liked Posts:
Fuller has had 1 good year out of 4 basically. Franchise Fuller for a season if you want but that likely drives him out of town the following year just the way Jeffery got a bad taste in his mouth from being tagged. The longest deal I would go is 3 years with all the guaranteed money paid up in year 1. Call it the Glennon approach.

Fangio has never required a lot of money tied up in corners in his defense either.

Maybe it took him 3 years to get up to par on being good for his fourth year. Just because you are a first round pick doesn’t mean your going to be good your rookie year. That’s what everyone hopes for but it doesn’t happen at times. I say tag him to prove himself again.

Sent from my iPhone X using Tapatalk

Alpha Male

Liked Posts:
so maybe we would of won enough games so Fox is still here? all to be still looking for a WR anyway?

Pace could have fired fox last year if he wanted too. So letting alshon walk and signing glennon was pace's master plan to get fox fired?

Bear Pride

Bears Gonna Shock the World!
Liked Posts:
As long as he isn't asking to be the highest paid CB in the league, I don't see how Pace can't get something done. It would be asinine to let him go. Pace's whole M.O. so far is build through the draft, so he can't keep letting homegrown players leave. We'll never 'rebuild' if he lets that happen.

Keep in mind that Fuller is one of the few players left that Pace did not draft. We also must realize that this is a rumor from the fat kid from CCS. However, my guess is that the Bears expect Fuller to sign a team friendly contract due to paying him millions to sit on IR.

I did like Fuller's play last season, especially his run support. However, he was exposed a little bit, imo, against better teams/WR's. Fuller won't be as hard to replace as people think, imo, it'll come down to how much money Fuller asks for.

Bear Pride

Bears Gonna Shock the World!
Liked Posts:
Pace didn't do everything possible to keep him (jeffery). A second tag made perfect sense.

No, it did not. A 2nd tag would have been a $20+ Million cap hit ...... for a WR that missed 1/2 a season due to getting busted for PEDS, and hadn't proved he could play a whole season yet. Besides, he clearly didn't want to stay here. WTF don't you get about that? Dude ......
Get over it!