Report: Marshall traded for cap reasons.

FatBabiesHaveNoPride

Doors that go like this.
Liked Posts:
In going to miss him too. Personally, I think it's bullshit. I think his bitch attitude of needing to fly to NY weekly is what did him in here. And for that I hate Marshall.

Yes, because taking a 90 minute flight to NY on a NFLPA mandate day off really impacts the performance of a player.

NCChiFan

Bald, fat, toothless
Donator
Liked Posts:
Man, all I can think about is, if the Bears wanted to clear some Cap space, Allen ? Hello? Get rid of Allen?

Tjodalv

Discoverer of Dragosaurs
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Man, all I can think about is, if the Bears wanted to clear some Cap space, Allen ? Hello? Get rid of Allen?

No one was going to trade for his 12.5 million guaranteed dollars this season. They can cut him to save 8.5 mil next year.

FatBabiesHaveNoPride

Doors that go like this.
Liked Posts:

It's not that simple. The Bears found someone to take Marshall - one of the best 5 players at his position - and his contract.

They will not find a team that will take an over the hill Jared Allen and his massive contract.

SlickWilly

Team Ignore Member #2
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Detroit Pistons
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
Yes, because taking a 90 minute flight to NY on a NFLPA mandate day off really impacts the performance of a player.

Yes, but this is how Special person Boy thinks. Remember, Emery and Trestman were fired cause they were nerds.

airtime143

This place is dead and buried.
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
It's not that simple. The Bears found someone to take Marshall - one of the best 5 players at his position - and his contract.

They will not find a team that will take an over the hill Jared Allen and his massive contract.

That is the truth.
It wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if they tried to move a ton of players. A new regime doing a rebuild has to try that.

As much as I appreciate Forte, it wouldn't shock me if he was shopped. I would believe almost anyone was being shopped (the sole exception being the promising young Long) if rumors came out about it.