Report: Same guy in NY now says Bulls plan to trade Deng, Amnesty Boozer

RoseMVP1

Liked Posts:
The Bulls’ game-plan for the immediate future is coming into focus. League sources with knowledge of Chicago’s plans say that they’ll definitely be looking to deal Luol Deng before the Feb. 20 trading deadline. Deng is a free agent this summer and the Bulls don’t want to pay him anything close to top dollar. The second part of their house-cleaning: They intend on using their amnesty move this coming summer to part ways with Carlos Boozer. Boozer is scheduled to make $16.8 million next season.

This is being reported by the same guy that said Derrick Rose wants no part of a rebuild.

ginny

Liked Posts:
This is being reported by the same guy that said Derrick Rose wants no part of a rebuild.

If this is creditable inside information, I will remain hopefully optimistic.

ginny

Liked Posts:
And to comment on Rose's remarks about not wanting any part of a rebuild....
I don't believe it would be very wise for him - or any player - to say they want to see their team rebuilt. That wouldn't be a good PR move and a good way to get alienated by your teammates.

BIGGIEsmalls 23

Liked Posts:
I've been wondering the same thing :shrug: must be a Bulls fan that just so happens to work in NY
The Knicks want Thibs. There was a rumor about it a couple months back.

I believe that the NY media is creating rumors to cause turmoil in Chicago. They started with the Thibs issues, then they began one about Rose, & now this latest one. Also, don't forget that the NY media just put out a rumor of Melo wanting to play for Thibs.

I'm not falling for any of these rumors out of New York City.

scottiepippen1994

Liked Posts:
Deng will be the big free agent signing for the Bulls this summer.
He will retire a Bull and have his jersey retired with Hinrichs.
Paxsons vision.

houheffna

Ignoring Idiots
Liked Posts:
Why is that guy not talking about the Knicks or the nets?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

He's a basketball columnist, not a local reporter or beat writer. Sam Smith used to write league wide rumors all the time as he was NBA columnist for the Tribune. It's part of the job.

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
He's a basketball columnist, not a local reporter or beat writer. Sam Smith used to write league wide rumors all the time as he was NBA columnist for the Tribune. It's part of the job.

Sam Smith

tumblr_mky73cGnFl1rqfhi2o1_400.gif

houheffna

Ignoring Idiots
Liked Posts:
Sam Smith

tumblr_mky73cGnFl1rqfhi2o1_400.gif

Wasn't Sam Smith NBA columnist for the Chicago Tribune?

Well, Heisler in LA, Winderman in Florida, Stein for ESPN, Wojnarowski for Yahoo Sports, Vecsey in NY (along with Mitch Lawrence) are all NBA columnists. They all do the same thing.

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
last week it was they plan to resign him

now they plan to trade him

last year Rose wanted better talent

this year he wants to keep the same roster

Bulls = most bipolar team in the league

ginny

Liked Posts:
last week it was they plan to resign him

now they plan to trade him

last year Rose wanted better talent

this year he wants to keep the same roster

Bulls = most bipolar team in the league

Crack me up...

ChettheJet

Liked Posts:
The Knicks want Thibs. There was a rumor about it a couple months back.

I believe that the NY media is creating rumors to cause turmoil in Chicago. They started with the Thibs issues, then they began one about Rose, & now this latest one. Also, don't forget that the NY media just put out a rumor of Melo wanting to play for Thibs.

I'm not falling for any of these rumors out of New York City.

It's this one guy, unless you can link to the wide variety of sources in the New York media who are part of this diabolical plan you've uncovered.

You're really asking, did you miss Sam Smith being given the career media award by the Basketball Hall of Fame?

Deng will be the big free agent signing for the Bulls this summer.
He will retire a Bull and have his jersey retired with Hinrichs.
Paxsons vision.

That probably won't happen, especially not the number retirements unless they win a championship but it's closer to reality than what mister 'league sources' thinks. I don't see them amnestying Boozer unless they have a big name big money player in place. He doesn't put up the numbers I would like, he isn't as consistent as I would like and he still doesn't rotate on defense but he's good enough, doesn't cause any dissention and if you're ever going to get a great year out of him it would be next year when he has an expiring contract and is playing for his last possible big one. That would be when you could trade him for max value.

houheffna

Ignoring Idiots
Liked Posts:
You're really asking, did you miss Sam Smith being given the career media award by the Basketball Hall of Fame?

That was a rhetorical question bruh. I KNOW he was NBA columnist for the Chicago Tribune. I was pointing to why Mitch Lawrence would have rumors printed concerning teams outside of NY.

ginny

Liked Posts:
Boozer doesn't put up the numbers I would like, he isn't as consistent as I would like and he still doesn't rotate on defense but he's good enough, doesn't cause any dissention and if you're ever going to get a great year out of him it would be next year when he has an expiring contract and is playing for his last possible big one. That would be when you could trade him for max value.

I agree with you to a point.

And that is this:
Other teams will know that Boozer will be in a contract year next year, and that there is a probability that he will - like most players in a contract year - have a good year statistically. That being said, why wait to trade for him when his value is high, when you could trade for him now, costing you less in trade while receiving the dividend of a contract season. Couple the fact that if you decide to trade him by the trade deadline next year, you receive the higher trade value.

Again, I believe he remains a Bull until the end of the season, or, if a playoff contender looses a PF to injury prior to Feb 20.

ChiSoxCity

Liked Posts:
Thibs leaving for NY would suck monkey balls, but can you blame him? If I had to work for PaxGar, I would have told them both to kiss my ass months ago.

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls

Well, Heisler in LA, Winderman in Florida, Stein for ESPN, Wojnarowski for Yahoo Sports, Vecsey in NY (along with Mitch Lawrence) are all NBA columnists. They all do the same thing.

I know. Just expressing my general dislike for Sam Smith.

Xplosive

In the Land of the Blind the One Eyed Fan Is Neggd
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
I guess this guy knows his shit.

ClydeLee

Liked Posts: