Liked Posts:
hey look theres me (Air Gordon) in the comments

the way the article reads it seems they are just listening to offers

CreepyBasementGuy

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
"...to land Anthony or James"

Lol, no all-star is going to come here. Keep Gibson unless you "know" someone is coming.

ginny

Liked Posts:
"...to land Anthony or James"

Lol, no all-star is going to come here. Keep Gibson unless you "know" someone is coming.

Agree....the only problem is the KNOW part. We all know what happened the last time the Bulls positioned themselves and tried to spend a boat load on FA's, then got played.

I would hate to see history repeat itself by them trading Gibson to fee enough $$ to sign Melo or - dare I say - LBJ ( pipe dream). Gibson is high value on a cap friendly contract, and to see history repeat itself at the expense of loosing him would make me sick...again.

If they have something worked out - under the radar - then I am for it, otherwise....HUGE risk, especially if Mirotic doesn't sign.

Xplosive

In the Land of the Blind the One Eyed Fan Is Neggd
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
My inner White Sox fan hates Crowley, I have always liked Taj but Asik is who I would have kept. Isn't it stunning how long Paxson has been here and hasn't pulled of ONE blockbuster trade. That has to be some kind of GM record or something.

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
When was the last time the Bulls made a trade with the Lakers? The first time the Bulls made a trade in my conscious fan-life was with the Lakers. I didn't understand how it worked as a kid. Trading Dwight Jones to the Lakers. That was my first exposure to how teams could trade players in pro-sports. That's what? 30 years or so. I can't remember for the life of me if we ever made another trade with the Lakers.

I honestly don't think the Lakers like doing business with the Bulls for whatever reason. And since they are on Melo's short list too, I doubt they are looking to add contracts, unless someone takes Pau. The Bobcats will give us another future protected pick? LOL And I don't see the Wizards offering us much of anything. Wizards and Bobcats actually have ideal contracts in place for their stage in building their teams. Anyone the Wizards or Bobcats want to get rid of, might be a ticking time bomb(Pax is really trying to salvage this tank).

X

When one letter is enough
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
You only trade Taj if you KNOW you can get Mirotic over here before next season, imo.

Shepard

Renegade
Donator
Liked Posts:
There should be more than 3 teams calling the Bulls for Taj right now....because of the Bulls rumored interest in Melo and the fact that Taj would be an above average starting PF making just more than 8mil/yr.

Taj is one of my favorite players in the league, but if a decent offer comes the Bulls way via a future unprotected 1st Round pick with an expiring deal...the Bulls have to at least consider it.

I don't believe Taj will be dealt now as there is just too much uncertainty going into this draft AND the Bulls are still competing for a playoff spot/high seed. Taj could totally be dealt during the draft before FA however.

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
I honestly don't think the Lakers like doing business with the Bulls for whatever reason.

who does? PaxGar are hard ppl to do deals with....i remember a thing awhile back a anonymous GM was saying how much the Bulls overvaule players

Shepard

Renegade
Donator
Liked Posts:
who does? PaxGar are hard ppl to do deals with....i remember a thing awhile back a anonymous GM was saying how much the Bulls overvaule players

I wonder what made that GM formulate such an opinion...the inability to give the Lakers what they wanted for Kobe or giving Lu Deng $80mil?

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
I wonder what made that GM formulate such an opinion...the inability to give the Lakers what they wanted for Kobe or giving Lu Deng $80mil?

of course we all knew they did already

ChiSoxCity

Liked Posts:
Taj is a frustrating player to watch. He's good when he plays with assertiveness in the paint, but is very inconsistent and can't handle major minutes.

He's basically an ok bench player making starter's money.

Shepard

Renegade
Donator
Liked Posts:
Taj is a frustrating player to watch. He's good when he plays with assertiveness in the paint, but is very inconsistent and can't handle major minutes.

Go look up Taj's stats as a starter and get back to me. The only thing inconsistent about Taj is his playing time....you couldn't be more wrong.

ChiSoxCity

Liked Posts:
Go look up Taj's stats as a starter and get back to me. The only thing inconsistent about Taj is his playing time....you couldn't be more wrong.

Uh-oh, #1 Taj fan about to get medieval on my ass. :umud:

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

Come-on. Really? "An anonymous GM" said that? Who are/were the over-valued players that he mentioned? Seems to me that somehow the Bulls took some low hanging fruit and somehow got more value out of them than they had coming in. Could it really be that their scouting of players is better than the great majority or NBA teams? How about Kukoc? Mirotic? Asik? Butler, Gibson? How well known were they when they were drafted?

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

Over-all, he is a better than average starting power forward. A terrific rebounder, able to defend all power forwards, some centers, and small small forwards, and has a decent outside shot. You undervalue him.

ChiSoxCity

Liked Posts:
Seriously...go check.

A word of advice on stats... they're meaningless without context.

He's a solid defender who can rebound and score on put backs down low, but he's not an All-star caliber PF.

That said, the only stat that matters is $8MM+ per year.

Seriously, I like Taj but he's not worth that to the Bulls at this point. Especially if you can clear his salary for a shot at Kevin Love or LaMarcus Aldridge in FA.