Report: things could be all wright in a trade down scenario

Bears4Ever_34

Liked Posts:
Has David Kaplan ever been right about anything, Bears-related? I keep seeing his name mentioned by bloggers, and yet, I'm still waiting for one of these so called "rumors" to come to fruition. His sources must suck.

I don't really have a problem with any of the OT's projected to go early in this draft with the exception of Skoronski, who I think is going to be a guard at the next level. I'd still slightly lean towards Johnson, but I'd be fine with either Jones or Wright, if that is the pick.

Last edited:

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Hooker getting the ball out quick probably makes Wright look a little better.
False. Tennessee isn’t a quick passing team. Hooker actually had one of the longest pocket times in the nation. He held onto the ball to let routes develop like Hyatt 40 yards downfield

This narrative is just laughably false

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
In personally wouldn't mind this scenario if all the Blue Chip D players are gone. Imagine getting Pittsburgh's 1st and 2nd round picks as they trade up for JSN. They really need a slot.

It's a deep OL draft. I'd rather have the Bear get their DL 1st unless they do something like this with additional trade down(s) to get enough extra early picks to fill in before the top DL are gone.

Last edited:

HearshotKDS

Liked Posts:
I like the idea of trading down to 19 for TBs #50 and a '24 3rd. Of course it takes 2 to tango.

Doubledown

Liked Posts:
False. Tennessee isn’t a quick passing team. Hooker actually had one of the longest pocket times in the nation. He held onto the ball to let routes develop like Hyatt 40 yards downfield

All that matters does he fit what Getsy want to do.
All the Tackles are A reach at#9 in this draft IMO

9109872C-5B25-40C3-A4E4-5AA08C2CEAE0.png

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
All that matters does he fit what Getsy want to do.
All the Tackles are A reach at#9 in this draft IMO

View attachment 28211
Lol okay??? This doesn’t say anything about it being a quick passing offense

All I stated was Hooker had one of the longest time till pass attempt in the nation, which disproves its a quick passing offense. Which means, Wright had to hold up in pass protection actually LONGER than the avg offensive lineman

TL1961

Liked Posts:

That's odd, because I read an analysis of Hooker by a ormer NFL coach (who shall remain nameless) who said he watched 5 games and Hooker threw on 0 and 1 step drops repeatedly (?!) and it was a very quick offense. His point was that he could not evaluate deeper drops as they occurred so infrequently. It was not a knock on Hooker at all, but an observation about an inability to evaluate further.

I had seen your comments earlier that TN did not have a quick tempo offense, and I know you watch them a lot. But this nameless coach said otherwise.

OK FINE! You got it out of me! It was Marc Trestman! (seriously). But still......

"While at Tennessee, Hooker played in what can only be described as a pure college offense, consisting of quick screens, quick slants, intermediate hitches, basic crosses (midfield benders) and outside lane go routes. Heupel’s conviction and discipline to run these same plays over and over again lead to high-end production with Hooker in complete control of the offense.

In Knoxville, Hooker operated solely in the shotgun as a drop-back passer. In the five games I studied, there were essentially no plays called having him move outside the pocket to deliver the football. This is rarely seen at the college or NFL level.

A significant amount of Hooker’s throws in 2022 were off zero- (catch-plant-throw) or one-step drops. The offense had a minimal amount of three- or five-step shotgun principles (14.1 percent of the time, per Sports Info Solutions)."

As I said, this was no knock on him as Trestman said Hooker deserved to be ranked with Stroud, Young, Levis and Richardson.

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
That's odd, because I read an analysis of Hooker by a ormer NFL coach (who shall remain nameless) who said he watched 5 games and Hooker threw on 0 and 1 step drops repeatedly (?!) and it was a very quick offense. His point was that he could not evaluate deeper drops as they occurred so infrequently. It was not a knock on Hooker at all, but an observation about an inability to evaluate further.

I had seen your comments earlier that TN did not have a quick tempo offense, and I know you watch them a lot. But this nameless coach said otherwise.

OK FINE! You got it out of me! It was Marc Trestman! (seriously). But still......

"While at Tennessee, Hooker played in what can only be described as a pure college offense, consisting of quick screens, quick slants, intermediate hitches, basic crosses (midfield benders) and outside lane go routes. Heupel’s conviction and discipline to run these same plays over and over again lead to high-end production with Hooker in complete control of the offense.

In Knoxville, Hooker operated solely in the shotgun as a drop-back passer. In the five games I studied, there were essentially no plays called having him move outside the pocket to deliver the football. This is rarely seen at the college or NFL level.

A significant amount of Hooker’s throws in 2022 were off zero- (catch-plant-throw) or one-step drops. The offense had a minimal amount of three- or five-step shotgun principles (14.1 percent of the time, per Sports Info Solutions)."

As I said, this was no knock on him as Trestman said Hooker deserved to be ranked with Stroud, Young, Levis and Richardson.
See, that’s the weird thing about Tennessees offense(and what ultimately got them wrecked by Georgia), they only do 1 or 2 step drops, but still throw the ball deep and hold onto it a long time.

It’s why pressure right up the middle into the QB’s face destroyed them against UGA.

Believe me, I was screaming for them to add some longer step drops in to try and get hooker out of the pocket to survive. But that’s not what heupels offense does.

So, trestman is right about the short step drops, but he’s still wrong about how long the qb holds onto the ball

Don’t get me wrong, they do their fair share of screens still, but so does every team these days. It’s a quick tempo offense, but not a quick passing game offense

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Also, Hooker had the 4th longest pass attempt average in all of college football last year.

You don’t get guys down the field for those long pass attempts quickly. And you certain aren’t considered a “quick pass” offense then

J2hotnspicyy

Liked Posts:
Let's say you trade back to 15-20 range. I think the Bears take a good look if Darnell Wright is there. They probably decide between him and Kancey , or best player available. If they go D Line first, you look at Dawand Jones with your 2nd rounder I imagine you acquire in a trade back

CaliBearFan

Liked Posts:
You are the worst. Stop trying to make the general public dumber than they already are.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
This is a good place to drop this video too.