RIP Joe McKnight!

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
SilenceS, the people you know at the scene must have seen a different altercation because the evidence doesn't show that at all.

The people I know were told the same thing the reporters were told. The eyewitnesses lied. That has been clarified in above articles. The initial report to everyone was what I said and was even in news articles. Turns out it was a lie and we will find out what happened.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I understand the sentiment, but how do you know a former NFL player wouldn't beat him to death in a fit of road/roid rage?

When has an NFL player or anyone for that matter beaten someone to death in a fit of road rage with their bare hands as someone sat in a car? Are we talking humans here or the Incredible Hulk?

There is no report yet that this guy was physically attacked and his window was open. Frankly, if I saw an angry dude walking over to my car assuming McKnight was angry, I'd probably just screw up the fucking window and lock the door. Then probably drive off. Now if he tried to break my car window and I couldn't drive away then perhaps in that scenario, a gun might be necessary.

BearDen

High Ranking Member
Liked Posts:
When has an NFL player or anyone for that matter beaten someone to death in a fit of road rage with their bare hands as someone sat in a car? Are we talking humans here or the Incredible Hulk?

There is no report yet that this guy was physically attacked and his window was open. Frankly, if I saw an angry dude walking over to my car assuming McKnight was angry, I'd probably just screw up the fucking window and lock the door. Then probably drive off. Now if he tried to break my car window and I couldn't drive away then perhaps in that scenario, a gun might be necessary.

It's called a hypothetical situation. 28 year old former pro athlete possibly angrily storms up to a scared 53 year old's window.

Mitchapalooza

The people I know were told the same thing the reporters were told. The eyewitnesses lied. That has been clarified in above articles. The initial report to everyone was what I said and was even in news articles. Turns out it was a lie and we will find out what happened.

But weren't the people you knew eyewitnesses? Did they talk to the cops or anything?

hope it gets straightened out soon.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
But weren't the people you knew eyewitnesses? Did they talk to the cops or anything?

hope it gets straightened out soon.

People at the scene doesn't mean eyewitnesses. That means people at the scene and they said what was told to them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
It's called a hypothetical situation. 28 year old former pro athlete possibly angrily storms up to a scared 53 year old's window.

Yes and I am saying it's not really a good hypothetical given what we know.

The guy was in his car and could presumably drive away or screw up the window. Jumping straight to "I must shoot someone to death because they may beat me to death with their bare hands," seems odd given what we know.

And the poster you were responding to was saying how guns make people more bold. Like pretty sure if this guy didn't have a gun, he would most certainly have screwed up the window or drove away if he feared for his life so your hypothetical doesn't really address the post you were responding to.

Trump32

Liked Posts:
WYF is " screw up your window"? Do your windows not roll? To screw up your window is to hit a deer.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
That eyewitness account has been refuted by police as all the casings were found inside the car indicating the guy who shot him never left his car. So it seems McKnight came over to the guy's car and the guy shot him from an open window. Why this guy did just screw up his window or drive away has not been explained. Whether McKnight was just yelling at him or actually tried to attack him is unclear.

But I guess this is what the world has come to these days when having a gun and stand your ground laws means you don't have to value any life if one feels threatened at all.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...joe-mcknight-released-investigation-continues

He'll probably get off for 'standing his ground'. Shotgun in your home? Hunting rifle? Fine. The rest? Not so much. That folks can differentiate the purpose of these things is disappointing.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
He'll probably get off for 'standing his ground'. Shotgun in your home? Hunting rifle? Fine. The rest? Not so much. That folks can differentiate the purpose of these things is disappointing.

That's where it seems headed. Like I said, if you end up in a confrontation even if it's jut verbal and you are bigger than someone, better hope they don't have a gun. Seems these days they can just shoot you and claim that you being bigger and raising your voice made them fear for their life.

Camden Cutler

Black Boy Fly
Liked Posts:
so the murderer has been released from jail....the fix is in folks..we've all seen this show before

DrGonzo

Gazpacho Police
Donator
Liked Posts:
A lot of people are very aggressive in my town and there was a period where I was carrying when out walking my dog. But then I started to rethink things and now I literally feel like I'd rather take a beating than take someone's life. Maybe that makes me a dope I guess.

The other day this guy twice my size and maybe ten years younger tried to start some shit with me and I was able to de-escalate it and nothing happened but feelings. I never once thought "damn I wish I had a gun with me."

Last edited:

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini

Camden Cutler

Black Boy Fly
Liked Posts:
Isn't the guy who shot Smith(Saints player) in jail, stating the same thing....while the investigation is going on? I think thats what the issue is for many in that area.

yup...ONE guy in jail for the exact same thing while the other guy who has a record of road rage might i add is being investigated

same ol' song

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
yup...ONE guy in jail for the exact same thing while the other guy who has a record of road rage might i add is being investigated

same ol' song

It's not the same shootings. He was detained because Smith was shot in the back. The judge specifically stated on that being the reason he was held on a big bail. I'm not saying this guy should not be held but it's different circumstances. Shooting someone in he back isn't saying you were protecting yourself

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
It's not the same shootings. He was detained because Smith was shot in the back. The judge specifically stated on that being the reason he was held on a big bail. I'm not saying this guy should not be held but it's different circumstances. Shooting someone in he back isn't saying you were protecting yourself

.....but this guy has a history. So a person with a gun can start something or provoke someone, then shoot them and say they were "standing their ground"

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct...e.html&usg=AFQjCNGAYZdvWfhbTLFVY84-O_EBB2EnSA

FatBabiesHaveNoPride

Doors that go like this.
Liked Posts:
Recall that narrative being pushed against Colin Kaepernick about how he's a privileged black NFL player who makes $19-million a year in the NFL? Where is that same privilege and justice for black NFL player Joe McKnight?

I have no idea what your are talking about.

FatBabiesHaveNoPride

Doors that go like this.
Liked Posts:
Isn't the guy who shot Smith(Saints player) in jail, stating the same thing....while the investigation is going on? I think thats what the issue is for many in that area.

Each situation is unique. In the Will Smith instance, I believe there's video of the shooter repeatedly ramming Will Smith's car. Will Smith also had a gun in his car (which may have been involved). Also, I believe the two men knew each other.

Regardless of the underlying sentiment some here are trying to stir up, police departments, prosecutors, the justice department, etc don't have a secret cabal to let people who commit murder walk. Many many people work very hard to put murderers (of any color) in jail.

This incident happened a few days ago. Let's let the process play itself out.

Comparing it to any other case is not relevant. What matters are the facts in this case. Let the people who are experts in this area figure it out. Remember, there are smart lawyers on each side...