Rizzo vs Freddie Freeman

Liked Posts:
I get it where they are coming from. There is a strong chance that he may end up with a 300 mil offer and leaves the Cubs. At that point all of us would be calling the management group stupid for losing that year for 3 weeks.

The only reason why they should start him opening day is if Boras does a starter deal that gives the Cubs that 7 years of control. Then every one is happy.

Quite honestly, the Cubs should feel fortunate if he becomes that kind of a player and should be the ones stepping up to pay him, especially after all the crap years that they've put out there. The Cubs have some of the deepest pockets in all of baseball. I could see maybe if this was some small market team. Quite honestly, that they're giving thought to this is outrageous. And it would be telling. For years the Cubs have been stringing people along about tempering expectations with spending until they get their affairs in order and have a foundation in place.

And what's the point of signing Lester if you're not going to give yourselves a chance to win this year? And what keeping Bryant in the minors makes the difference between making it to the playoffs this year or not making it? What then was the point of giving Lester all that money. It's kind of dumb to pay all this money for lester and then turn around and risk creating a list year by being stingy about not paying Bryant (and so you want that extra year). It's kind of flies in the face of not spending money on free agents so you can be more organic in how you go about things.

dabears253313

Liked Posts:
2015: Anthony Rizzo MVP and Kris Bryant Rookie of the Year
2016: Kris Bryant MVP

I can also see Starlin Castro in the MVP conversation in the next couple of seasons, not with power like Rizzo and Bryant but with a high batting average.

Liked Posts:

I can also see Starlin Castro in the MVP conversation in the next couple of seasons, not with power like Rizzo and Bryant but with a high batting average.

It's doubtful Castro will be in the discussion.

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

rizzo for mvp? bold prediction especially with the company he is with in the NL.

Sent from My Iphone 6 Plus Using Tapatalk

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Like who?

ummm this guy named giancarlo stanton, altuve, mccutchen, posey, werth just to name a few.

i hope that your response doesnt mean you think rizzo is the best player in the nl.

Bear Pride

Bears Gonna Shock the World!
Liked Posts:
ummm this guy named giancarlo stanton, altuve, mccutchen, posey, werth just to name a few.

i hope that your response doesnt mean you think rizzo is the best player in the nl.

No I was curious as to what you would think if their teams were better than the Cubs team, which at that point, would place focus on the true meaning of an MVP. :dunno: Do you think that Rizzo getting an admittedly very young team to contend, and believe, would give him an edge compared to some of these other established teams?

Jntg4

Fire Forum Moderator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Chicago State Cougars
  2. DePaul Blue Demons
  3. Illinois-Chicago Flames
  4. Loyola Ramblers
  5. Northern Illinois Huskies
  6. Northwestern Wildcats
Rizzogasm sounds better than Freemangasm

Liked Posts:

It's not like Stanton or Posey are a lock to have a good year. Posey plays in a pitchers park and doesn't have a lot of protection behind him. Giancarlo Stanton also plays in a pitcher friendly ballpark and is coming off having his face busted up. He could be gun shy. McCutchen might be the best position player in baseball but awards can skew towards RBI and home runs.

Altuve isn't even in the NL. Lol. If you're going to troll, it's probably good to get stuff like this right.

Bear Pride

Bears Gonna Shock the World!
Liked Posts:
It's not like Stanton or Posey are a lock to have a good year. Posey plays in a pitchers park and doesn't have a lot of protection behind him. Giancarlo Stanton also plays in a pitcher friendly ballpark and is coming off having his face busted up. He could be gun shy. McCutchen might be the best position player in baseball but awards can skew towards RBI and home runs.

Altuve isn't even in the NL. Lol. If you're going to troll, it's probably good to get stuff like this right.

Good point. :lol:

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

Well I wasn't trolling I keep forgetting Altuve is in the AL now. My bad!!! Wont happen again.

2nd, we are having a discussion there is no trolling going on right now so please get rid of your complex.

3rd, you have all these excuses why these other players wont be good but yet no excuses for why Rizzo wont be good.

you are the definition of a homer. this isn't me calling you that to troll. I am being honest with you.

Your complex of trolling in your title of the rules for the MLB says it all.... A title that I changed since the thread affects all fan bases.

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Good point. :lol:

http://espn.go.com/mlb/stats/batting/_/league/nl/sort/WARBR/order/true

He was up there for OPS ad OBP.

He will have to replicate those numbers atleast to even be considered an MVP.

The other poster using Giancarlos face is like throwing a basket ball against a concrete wall hoping it will stick.

he will have to leap frog these guys plus emerging players or other vets that break out.

http://www.baseball-reference.com/awards/awards_2014.shtml

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Cubs make the playoffs. Rizzo will probably be in the mvp conversation. They don't. He will probably get some votes but not many. I expect Rizzo to have close to a .400 obp and over a .950 ops with around 35 bombs. He has more protection now. Now, you want my biggest prediction? Castro competes for a batting title this year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Liked Posts:
Well I wasn't trolling I keep forgetting Altuve is in the AL now. My bad!!! Wont happen again.

2nd, we are having a discussion there is no trolling going on right now so please get rid of your complex.

3rd, you have all these excuses why these other players wont be good but yet no excuses for why Rizzo wont be good.

you are the definition of a homer. this isn't me calling you that to troll. I am being honest with you.

Your complex of trolling in your title of the rules for the MLB says it all.... A title that I changed since the thread affects all fan bases.

Not true. You clearly tried to whip up some contrarian nonsense for the purpose of trolling. And then for added measure you felt compelled to argue Rizzo isn't the best player, as if that's somehow relevant in discussing mvp candidates. Everyone knows mvp isn't about who is the "best" player. It's usually a combination of stats, team success, and being nice to the media. The stuff you throw out there so to troll is so flimsy that it's obvious you're trolling.

Liked Posts:
http://espn.go.com/mlb/stats/batting/_/league/nl/sort/WARBR/order/true

He was up there for OPS ad OBP.

He will have to replicate those numbers atleast to even be considered an MVP.

The other poster using Giancarlos face is like throwing a basket ball against a concrete wall hoping it will stick.

he will have to leap frog these guys plus emerging players or other vets that break out.

http://www.baseball-reference.com/awards/awards_2014.shtml

Leapfrog? You characterizing this as if it's college football polls is hilarious. Mvp isn't some rigid rank order system. Your trolling gets weaker with each post.

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
Cubs make the playoffs. Rizzo will probably be in the mvp conversation. They don't. He will probably get some votes but not many. I expect Rizzo to have close to a .400 obp and over a .950 ops with around 35 bombs. He has more protection now. Now, you want my biggest prediction? Castro competes for a batting title this year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Right with you till you made the Castro call

TC in Mississippi

CCS Staff
Liked Posts:
If you're acknowledging that Bryant's contribution is integral to the season, are you going to give mgt a pass if they keep him in the minors for the first month?

It's not a month. If he stays down for 9 games they get the extra year of control when he's in his prime. This has been confirmed by multiple sources. Not leaving him down for the 9 games would border on fiscal malfeasance.

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Leapfrog? You characterizing this as if it's college football polls is hilarious. Mvp isn't some rigid rank order system. Your trolling gets weaker with each post.

no, its to show you what he is up against.

but hey im trolling. :rolleyes:

your complex is cute though.