Rob Ryan rumor

Kaufman20Embalm

Liked Posts:
Is he? Kubiak reportedly didnt get OC because he and Fangio disagreed on philosophy.

The issue was with Elway. He wouldn't let Kubiack hire one of his own assistants so Kubiack walked away completely.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
I would think it depended on the position he was offered in Denver. It may be a blessing that Fangio doesn't have final say on his staff.

I'm just hoping he stays so there's not too much change to this defensive staff and Donatell is really good at what he does. But when you change the DC then i guess that's already a pretty big change so not sure how much it would matter keeping Donatell especially if him and Pagano aren't 100% with each other on how they want the DB's to play.

Aquineas

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Well, he was the LB coach when NE won 2 SBs...

I'd happily take the same thing here.

I don't want Rob Ryan anywhere near the Bears, but this comment did make me pause.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
This is kind of weird. Not sure why the defensive staff of all people are getting shaken up. That said getting a Ryan will be very popular in Chicago and he has to be seen as an upgrade, at least on paper.

Staley was like Vic's assistant. I am not sure that they thought he could handle it all by himself. OLB is the spot that Vic would coach during individual time.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Ryan as a position coach is a solid hire.

He will have no access to cameras or media, they speak twice a year, he has a solid track record coaching OLBs and I fine with a little of the fire and passion at the position coach level.

I do not want a yeller and screamer coordinating, but having that guy as a positional coach makes sense. Watch and listen to Mike Furrey he is the dude on offense who lights the fire.

Chicago4Life

Liked Posts:
pagano is not some rookie coach...whoever he brings in, he will make sure he's in control...i'd love to see ryan as the LB coach, i think he could take floyd to another level...

dweebs19

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Is he? Kubiak reportedly didnt get OC because he and Fangio disagreed on philosophy.

I think it's Kubiak and Elway didn't agree on offensive philosophy if I read it correctly.

Rory Sparrow

Liked Posts:
Ryan as a position coach is a solid hire.

He will have no access to cameras or media, they speak twice a year, he has a solid track record coaching OLBs and I fine with a little of the fire and passion at the position coach level.

I do not want a yeller and screamer coordinating, but having that guy as a positional coach makes sense. Watch and listen to Mike Furrey he is the dude on offense who lights the fire.

LOL at this. Hiring Rob Ryan to simply be a positional coach is a terrible idea. Either you are so desperate for any sign of life from your defense that you bring in Rob Ryan as your DC, or you avoid him altogether (which is probably the best option, regardless). His track record as a defensive coach is horrendous. Why would you want to proactively invite this type of problem into your organization?

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
LOL at this. Hiring Rob Ryan to simply be a positional coach is a terrible idea. Either you are so desperate for any sign of life from your defense that you bring in Rob Ryan as your DC, or you avoid him altogether (which is probably the best option, regardless). His track record as a defensive coach is horrendous. Why would you want to proactively invite this type of problem into your organization?

His record as a DC is not very good.

I am not sure how you are assessing his work as a LB coach?

SiDe WaYs

Liked Posts:

How would it be a problem? He’s really good with Linebackers.

Rory Sparrow

Liked Posts:
His record as a DC is not very good.

I am not sure how you are assessing his work as a LB coach?

I am not sure how that is relevant to my statement of his track record as a defensive coach is horrendous? Rob Ryan last served as a LB coach in 2003...right? I must be missing something here...how are you assessing Rob Ryan's work as an LB coach?

Rory Sparrow

Liked Posts:
How would it be a problem? He’s really good with Linebackers.

CCS is incredible. Avoid Antonio Brown for being a cancer, but Rob Ryan is fine. How would it be a problem?

[video=youtube;MsTSgaiu7m0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MsTSgaiu7m0[/video]

If there is one guy I'd want to bring in to keep an established regime running smoothly, its Rob Ryan!

Calabis

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Bring in Bob Babich!

SiDe WaYs

Liked Posts:
CCS is incredible. Avoid Antonio Brown for being a cancer, but Rob Ryan is fine. How would it be a problem?

[video=youtube;MsTSgaiu7m0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MsTSgaiu7m0[/video]

If there is one guy I'd want to bring in to keep an established regime running smoothly, its Rob Ryan!

I never said anything on this message board about Antonio Brown. You act like we want Rob Ryan to be the DC. He’ll be a LB coach. He talks once a year. He’s really never showed on tv. If he can help coach our LBs. why not? Who would you want?

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
I never said anything on this message board about Antonio Brown. You act like we want Rob Ryan to be the DC. He’ll be a LB coach. He talks once a year. He’s really never showed on tv. If he can help coach our LBs. why not? Who would you want?

LOL at this.

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
Come on! Rob Ryan

ryan3.jpg

is The Dude

107-50394-big-lebowski-1531752699.jpg

Rory Sparrow

Liked Posts:
Oh, I have zero clue as to his work as a LB coach, but I do know that NFL broadcasts love showing this guy.

I saw more sideline shots of Rob Ryan in one game (Kirk Cousins perfect game) than I've seen of Vic Fangio in his entire career.