Robinson wants to be a Bear 4 Life...

Discus fish salesman

Liked Posts:
Again that is a great argument if you are his agent. However if I am a team that is interested in signing him, why would I be trying to give him the benefit of the doubt. Here are the facts.

1. He was paid 15,812,500 in 2018 and delivered 754 yards and 4 TDs. No one pays someone 15,812,500 for that kind of production.

2. He was paid 13 million this year for what appears to be 1k yards and say 9 TDs. That is more in line with what I paid him for.

So he has received 28,812,500 in two years for what is likely to be under 2k yards and 13-15 TDs. All told that is not exceeding my expectations. That is probably under what I was hoping for. When a team gives a guy 14 million a year they are expecting a perennial 1k producer. He missed that mark in year 1 and hit it in year 2.

So where I am at with this is I am not his agent. I am a fan wanting my team to make good investments. Unless one feels strongly that he is going to be in the 1,300 or above neighborhood, 14 million a year which was his yearly salary under this contract is pretty much what he is worth if his norm is around 1,100.

So yall want to extend him and give him a higher annual salary when more than likely he is going to produce in line with what he is already getting paid. That is not good business. Let the market dictate his salary like we did with Fuller. Fans were worried Fuller would be too pricey and in the end we got him for a fair price.

I think a lot of people are overvaluing ARob right now. Look at the guys making more than him and they are the studs of the NFL or laughable busts like Sammy Watkins or Brandon Cooks. Don't pay for pipe dreams. ARob is an 1,100 yard or so WR so an extension only makes sense at his current price or less not more. If he doesn't want to sign for 14 million a year or less then he can wait for a new deal in 2021.
Okay well at least we can all agree that literally nobody agrees with you on your strategy. Including all nfl organizations.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
What the fuck bro did you just compare slavery to if football player is good or not?

LOL.

No I compared your stupid logic that if a majority of people believe something that makes it right.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Okay well at least we can all agree that literally nobody agrees with you on your strategy. Including all nfl organizations.

This is incorrect. Please let me know how many extensions the Pats have done with slightly above average players? For the most part, teams used to only enter extension discussions with the best of the best. It is more a recent thing from desperate franchises whereby they extend just average or above average players.

This may come as a shock to you but you follow a historically shitty franchise in the Super Bowl era. You shouldn't presume that their business practices are correct or universally applied. Perhaps take a look at the franchises with a track record of sustained success and see what they do.

Last edited:

msadows

Liked Posts:
No I compared your stupid logic that if a majority of people believe something that makes it right.

The only stupid logic here is you, buddy.

The only one who thinks the way you do, is you, buddy. There is no majority, you're alone in your idiot thinking. Don't group others in with your stupid logic.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
The only stupid logic here is you, buddy.

The only one who thinks the way you do, is you, buddy. There is no majority, you're alone in your idiot thinking. Don't group others in with your stupid logic.

Umm as I have stated already, Pats largely follow this strategy. You are a delusional fan of a failing franchise trying to justify their failed business practices.