Rodgers Bears Defense On 72 yarder Easy

HearshotKDS

Liked Posts:
So Trevathan and Quinn are arguing "one of us has man coverage responsibilities on a WR!??! This cant be right" and no one on the field, or on the sideline had the game sense to call a TO. Is anyone paying attention? Can't wait to see what Pagano draws up for the NO game - maybe we can have a Zone blitz where Brent Urban has to cover Kamara out of the backfield.

JesusHalasChrist

N.eg it from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.
Donator
Liked Posts:
But....

Dent9585

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Boston Bruins
  1. Georgia Bulldogs
When Rodgers plays the bears it's like taking candy from a baby it's like he is in a rocking chair back there picking them apart. Tired of Packers owning the bears maybe someone needs to cheap shot Rodgers like what happened to mcmahon

Bears Backer 54

Liked Posts:
The blitz was probably not a great call but I get the gamble of trying to rush Rodgers because giving him time is also a recipe for disaster. While matching DT up with the WR was a bad bet, if he had at least given a cushion and a safety over top it could have helped but to have DT up in the A gap during the snap count is either DT making a huge mistake or the worst part of the entire play design.

DeerBrinker34

Liked Posts:
So Trevathan and Quinn are arguing "one of us has man coverage responsibilities on a WR!??! This cant be right" and no one on the field, or on the sideline had the game sense to call a TO. Is anyone paying attention? Can't wait to see what Pagano draws up for the NO game - maybe we can have a Zone blitz where Brent Urban has to cover Kamara out of the backfield.

I thought the same thing on that very play. Quinn and Trevathan were clearly lost but no one had the sense to call a timeout? Was Nagy nose deep in his play sheet again?

mattb78

My threads are FTO !
Liked Posts:
That was an easy completion. So was the coverage bust against Dafney. That's 14 easy points.

I have officially joined the fire Pagano train. Maybe its not his fault and its just the injuries, but seriously, not many qualified DCs could be doing much worse than he has the last few weeks.

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
Watching the play again... every receiver is open for an easy completion and a first down. Rodgers found the guy that gave him a TD though.

jsu34

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Once upon a time Aaron Rodgers, on a day where he dropped 50+ on the Bears' defense remarked that his back got stiff from all of the standing around.

He was referring to his time on offense, not the sidelines.

That was during the Trestman years, yet here we are again.

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers

if Kamara is out with covid, then he won’t have to!

Starion

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
if Kamara is out with covid, then he won’t have to!

If only that were true. NFL wants their stars to play and scheduled the game on SUNDAY so he can play within protocol.

To the OP's point. I still am frustrated to see some defend him as if he's in some rock or hard place no-win situation. "See he finally blitzed and that's what happened". It's so naively stupid.

The decision to blitz isn't the issue. It's HOW, and the fact the players still didn't get it right &/or realized how messed up the call was for what they were facing. Design &/or properly coached execution was obviously at fault here.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
What he didn’t say is that he would blitz with the DB, but still only rush 4 because Hicks would be dropped into coverage and DT would be 1 on 1 with the packers fastest receiver.
@msadows thoughts?