swerskisuperfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Man does that tree produce rotten fruit. As bad as Getsy has been he is no where near as bad as Hackett. Look no further than Denver for how coaching has an impact on a team. A Denver team with essentially the same roster is in playoff contention this year and was woefully bad under Hackett. Wilson looked washed up last season under Hackett's play calling.... this season he has over 2000 passing yards and 19/4 touchdown to interception ratio 104.3 QB rating.

Hackett led Jets have 9 total offensive touchdowns this season. Zach Wilson is dreadful for sure, but goes to show you without Rodgers those 2 cannot adjust and are fraudulent as play callers.

Mighty Joe Young

Living in Troll's Heads Rent-Free for Decades
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
People need to wake up that coaching matters. Unlike that thread started by FatIdiot (I like that nickname someone else gave him, so I am keeping it), where in it he was trying to talk Tom Brady and made it either Tom or Bill Belichick, it actually takes BOTH to make a franchise QB. There is no such thing as Football Jesus at QB.

I've used these examples before, but I will state it again -

Case 1: Tom Brady in Tampa year 1. The HoF QB with multiple rings. The guy who everyone said was so good he could play in ANY system (wrong, by the way, as I am about to illustrate). When he joined Tampa, the first half of the season, the offense was middling. Fits and Starts. It was drastically underperforming. Bruce Arians, being a VERY smart football mind, went to the team and Brady and basically said halfway into the season "You know what Tom? Fuck what I want to do. Seriously. Let's tailor this offense here and now to what YOU like to do, and what YOU are confortable with." And when they made that change and basically made the offense the second half of the year similar to what Tom ran in the past with New England, suddenly the offense EXPLODED and behind that and a great defense, they won the superbowl.

But before Bruce Arians made that call? The great HoF Tom Brady was reduced to this:

1700489271535.png

Coaching MATTERS.

Case 2: Quick and easy one because it is so current. Who is paying attention to Kansas City and the great Patrick Mahomes this season? See, funny thing this season - the Chiefs offense has been only able to produce in fits and starts, and the great Patrick Mahomes suddenly only looks like himself also in fits and starts.

What Happened? He's a HoF QB - the guy everyone wants a copy of and is desperate to say Caleb Williams is him 2.0. How will that work if the original suddenly is struggling?

But why is he struggling?

Well... Andy Reid, a QB genius who has always modified his offenses to his QBs and not the other way around, decided to actually hand the reigns over to someone we all know VERY well...

1700489585136.png

We know how shit HIS offense is.

Coaching matters. No QB, no matter how great, can't BE great if he doesn't have a great offensive mind behind him willing to do what the quarterback is good at, and willing to scheme away from what the QB isn't good at, and these 2 examples are proof that even the greats have things they aren't good at.

You NEED a good offensive mind willing to tailor an offense to a QB to get the most out of the QB. PERIOD.

Hackett and Getsy don't get that. Just like a certain someone we all know from KC....

swerskisuperfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
People need to wake up that coaching matters. Unlike that thread started by FatIdiot (I like that nickname someone else gave him, so I am keeping it), where in it he was trying to talk Tom Brady and made it either Tom or Bill Belichick, it actually takes BOTH to make a franchise QB. There is no such thing as Football Jesus at QB.

Case 1: Tom Brady in Tampa year 1. The HoF QB with multiple rings. The guy who everyone said was so good he could play in ANY system (wrong, by the way, as I am about to illustrate). When he joined Tampa, the first half of the season, the offense was middling. Fits and Starts. It was drastically underperforming. Bruce Arians, being a VERY smart football mind, went to the team and Brady and basically said halfway into the season "You know what Tom? Fuck what I want to do. Seriously. Let's tailor this offense here and now to what YOU like to do, and what YOU are confortable with." And when they made that change and basically made the offense the second half of the year similar to what Tom ran in the past with New England, suddenly the offense EXPLODED and behind that and a great defense, they won the superbowl.

But before Bruce Arians made that call? The great HoF Tom Brady was reduced to this:

View attachment 32442

Coaching MATTERS.

Case 2: Quick and easy one because it is so current. Who is paying attention to Kansas City and the great Patrick Mahomes this season? See, funny thing this season - the Chiefs offense has been only able to produce in fits and starts, and the great Patrick Mahomes suddenly only looks like himself also in fits and starts.

What Happened? He's a HoF QB - the guy everyone wants a copy of and is desperate to say Caleb Williams is him 2.0. How will that work if the original suddenly is struggling?

Well... Andy Reid, a QB genius who has always modified his offenses to his QBs and not the other way around, decided to actually hand the reigns over to someone we all know VERY well...

View attachment 32444

Coaching matters. No QB, no matter how great, can't BE great if he doesn't have a great offensive mind behind him willing to do what the quarterback is good at, and willing to scheme away from what the QB isn't good at, and these 2 examples are proof that even the greats have things they aren't good at.

You NEED a good offensive mind willing to tailor an offense to a QB to get the most out of the QB. PERIOD.

Hackett and Getsy don't get that. Just like a certain someone we all know from KC....
The Hackett effect:

"There were times last season when Russell Wilson looked like a lost cause.

He wasn't even 35 years old, yet it looked like his time as a top quarterback might be over. In some games, you were allowed to wonder if Wilson was even a starting NFL quarterback anymore. The Denver Broncos' trade for Wilson and the contract extension they gave him looked like a disaster.

Nobody is ripping Wilson now. He might not be back to the form he had when he was making the Pro Bowl just about every season with the Seattle Seahawks, but he's having a remarkable revival with Sean Payton coaching him. Wilson led a clutch drive against the Minnesota Vikings and hit Courtland Sutton for a go-ahead 15-yard touchdown pass with a little more than a minute to go. The Broncos got a stop after that and won 21-20, their fourth win in a row. They have beat quality teams like the Kansas City Chiefs, Buffalo Bills and Vikings in that streak. They're back to .500 at 5-5, and back in the playoff race."

Mighty Joe Young

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
The Hackett effect:

"There were times last season when Russell Wilson looked like a lost cause.

He wasn't even 35 years old, yet it looked like his time as a top quarterback might be over. In some games, you were allowed to wonder if Wilson was even a starting NFL quarterback anymore. The Denver Broncos' trade for Wilson and the contract extension they gave him looked like a disaster.

Nobody is ripping Wilson now. He might not be back to the form he had when he was making the Pro Bowl just about every season with the Seattle Seahawks, but he's having a remarkable revival with Sean Payton coaching him. Wilson led a clutch drive against the Minnesota Vikings and hit Courtland Sutton for a go-ahead 15-yard touchdown pass with a little more than a minute to go. The Broncos got a stop after that and won 21-20, their fourth win in a row. They have beat quality teams like the Kansas City Chiefs, Buffalo Bills and Vikings in that streak. They're back to .500 at 5-5, and back in the playoff race."

There you go, even another example.

COACHING MATTERS.

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
There are a LOT of people out there that think coaching doesn't matter. I've seen people saying sports is 98% players, 2% coaches. :ROFLMAO:

People are painfully stupid.

Mighty Joe Young

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
There are a LOT of people out there that think coaching doesn't matter. I've seen people saying sports is 98% players, 2% coaches. :ROFLMAO:

People are painfully stupid.

I just hope POLES isn't that stupid....

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Unfortunately, it looks like hiring Eberflus was the first stupid thing he did, but it clearly wasn't the last.
i think poles hired eberflus to do exactly what he has done for two years now...lose. Poles needed a coach that was too dumb to know hes the scapegoat and there to tank

Mighty Joe Young

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Unfortunately, it looks like hiring Eberflus was the first stupid thing he did, but it clearly wasn't the last.

I have to wonder about some things though - if you remember right, Eberflus was interviewed first, was one of 3 candidates handed to Poles when Poles was hired (Poles didn't get to do his own search from the beginning), and while I don't know if this is true, I heard Matt's wife's sister married into the McCaskey family? As in his Wife's sister is Christel McCaskey.

Just saying - Poles may not have been given many options here, even if the last thing I mentioned is just a weird coincidence.

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
i think poles hired eberflus to do exactly what he has done for two years now...lose. Poles needed a coach that was too dumb to know hes the scapegoat and there to tank
I actually hope this is kind of true. Lol.

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
I actually hope this is kind of true. Lol.
its the only thing that keeps a slight grasp of sanity in my bears fandom

Moses Moreno

Liked Posts:
Alex Smith was a certified bust before Harbaugh got to SF. He showed zero flashes and they were able to win with him and Kap.

Give that dude Justin and we can win a ring.

Good coaches maximize the talent that their quarterback has - bad coaches try and fit their guy into their system.

The Galloping Ghost

Liked Posts:

View attachment 32442

Coaching MATTERS.

View attachment 32444

2020 Tom Brady
games 1-8=20tds to 4 Ints
Games 9-16=20rds to 12 Ints

2020 Buccaneers scoring
Weeks 1-8=30.875
Weeks 9-16=30.625

Don't let reality get in the way of a good narrative though! Your made up anecdotal evidence is great though.

And the Chiefs are "struggling" because 1 they don't have any receivers other than Kelce and if you think Nagy is doing anything more than calling some plays here and there you don't know Andy Reid. He is absolutely still running the offense in KC. Nothing is as simple as you seem to want it to be.

Of course coaching matters to a point. Ultimately, it's all about talent. You are going to hilarious lengths to defend Justin Fields. I get it, you have a hard on for him. It's hard to accept that he's just not that good.

And, I mean, wasn't the offense yesterday tailored to Fields in every way? It was like 65% designed runs and roll outs. What else is a coach supposed to do with a quarterback who can't play from the pocket?

Getsy has done everything he can to put Fields in a position to succeed. The first three weeks he had plays all over the field and Fields just stood there like a deer in headlights. Wide open receivers, plenty of time. We all saw it. He was lost. It had nothing to do with coaching.

Then Fields had two good games against terrible defenses. But that, I guess, was in spite of Getsy? Or something. Then another terrible (half) a game. Then yesterday which, again, seemed like an offense tailored to Justin Fields.

So is your premise then that Fields is really good, and Getsy us holding him back? Or?

Mighty Joe Young

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
2020 Tom Brady
games 1-8=20tds to 4 Ints
Games 9-16=20rds to 12 Ints

2020 Buccaneers scoring
Weeks 1-8=30.875
Weeks 9-16=30.625

Don't let reality get in the way of a good narrative though! Your made up anecdotal evidence is great though.

And the Chiefs are "struggling" because 1 they don't have any receivers other than Kelce and if you think Nagy is doing anything more than calling some plays here and there you don't know Andy Reid. He is absolutely still running the offense in KC. Nothing is as simple as you seem to want it to be.

Of course coaching matters to a point. Ultimately, it's all about talent. You are going to hilarious lengths to defend Justin Fields. I get it, you have a hard on for him. It's hard to accept that he's just not that good.

And, I mean, wasn't the offense yesterday tailored to Fields in every way? It was like 65% designed runs and roll outs. What else is a coach supposed to do with a quarterback who can't play from the pocket?

Getsy has done everything he can to put Fields in a position to succeed. The first three weeks he had plays all over the field and Fields just stood there like a deer in headlights. Wide open receivers, plenty of time. We all saw it. He was lost. It had nothing to do with coaching.

Then Fields had two good games against terrible defenses. But that, I guess, was in spite of Getsy? Or something. Then another terrible (half) a game. Then yesterday which, again, seemed like an offense tailored to Justin Fields.

So is your premise then that Fields is really good, and Getsy us holding him back? Or?

Sorry, but games are more than just a box score.

If everything was so great the first half of the Season then explain to me why Bruce Arians bothered to change things and cater to Tom in the second half of the season?

Mighty Joe Young

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Ok, I have to say this.

(MJY Rant Incoming)

People like Galloping Ghost piss me off, because I can already read their entire story like a fucking book - that's how pathetic they are.

It's going to go something like this:

First, people like him shit all over Fields and claim anyone trying to point out it isn't all on Fields are making excuses (we are here)

Let's say things go EXACTLY his way.

The Bears move on from Fields and draft whichever College QB's dick he's sucking along with the rest of that player.

He will then go on and talk about how much better this QB is even before they take a single NFL snap.

That QB will get into camp, and struggle, and eventually be a complete bust.

MEANWHILE, Fields will land somewhere with a coach that knows what to do with him, and will be a starter on another team, and put up big numbers and wins, and probably make the playoffs within 2-3 years with that team.

All while our new QB that this prick wants will be failing, busting, worse than Fields ever was with the Bears, and then this turd is going to be making the same bullshit excuses for HIS pick at QB that he is accusing everyone else here of making - the only problem is, the people now have a point, have evidence, and logic they can actually point to, while the Galloping Bitch will sound just like all the Rex and Mitch truthers, who couldn't let go even when it was obvious those guys didn't have it in the NFL.

And then finally, FINALLY, when forced to confront the truth that Fields was the better QB, he will say "well, he never would have done it here anyway."

BULLSHIT. YOU GIVE HIM A REAL CHANCE TO DO IT HERE, NOT WITH BITCH ASS COACHES. YOU DON'T LET QBS LIKE FIELDS LEAVE THE BUILDING.

This is why I can't stand you Galloping Shitstain. Because you're see through. You're transparent. I've seen how this all goes down because I lived it, when we had Rex, when we had Mitch, shit even when we traded for Jay to a degree.

I have no interest in you getting your way and reliving groundhog's day all over again just because you are too stupid to see what is right in front of you.

And I'm done.

/End Rant