Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  2. Oakland Raiders
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Dennis Rodman says the owners are at fault in the NBA lockout, but the players should ease their demands to help end the dispute that has already cost the league the first two weeks of the season.

"I think the players should bow down," he said Thursday.

Rodman was a guest at the post-position draw at Woodbine Racetrack for Sunday's Pattison Canadian International, the most lucrative horse race in Canada.

"It's not the players' fault, it's the owners' fault and I think (the players) should give a little bit," the Hall of Famer said. "And that way, things will move on."

Rodman, a seven-time rebounding champion, was in the league in 1999 when the season was cut to 50 games because of a lockout. He questions the resolve of the players.

"Most players don't give a damn about the game," he said. "They want the money and all of a sudden they want unity. I'm not taking the owners' side. I think the players should look at themselves."

Negotiations have stalled over the structure of the salary cap system and the division of revenues between owners and players.

Calling it a "very touchy situation," Rodman said times have changed since the last labor disruption.

"Now you've got maybe 10 teams that are making money," he said.

Dennis Rodman to NBA players: 'Bow down' - ESPN

Uman85

Oh Yeah.
Donator
Liked Posts:
I don't disagree with him. If they wanted to play, they would. They make millions per year. The sports world is full of greed and selfishness and the NBA may be the worst.

DCguy

Liked Posts:
I always side with the players but they won't win to the extent that they truly want. If they can keep the system looking similar like it looked in the previous CBA, then they should just chop that up as a win. They just don't have the leverage from a money standpoint as the owners do.

scottiepippen1994

Liked Posts:
I agree with the worm......The players should listen to him.....

Glide2keva

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The players do have to concede some things, but the owners are trying to squeeze the players into and NFL type of structure where you mean even less to them.

Dennis is right in saying that it's not the players' fault. People need to keep this in mind that it wasn't greed on the players' part, but lack of control and scared spending on the owners part that put them in the position they are currently in. No one forced them to sign players to ridiculous contracts that left them with their salaries tied up in one or two players. A player is going to take what you give him and if he doesn't, he winds up like Latrel Sprewell, out of work.

They made bad decisions year after year since the last labor dispute and now they want to play hardball.

Both sides have to concede, plain and simple. Stern is making himself look very bad by only taking the owners' side in this. He's the commissioner of the entire NBA, not just owners. This needs to end, now.

BigP50

04-21-2012
Liked Posts:
Why not just split it 50/50!

97Bulls

Liked Posts:
Why not just split it 50/50!

Every percentage point counts as 150 mill. The players want a 53/47 spliit. The old cba called for the players to get 57% so they basically given the owners back about 10 team payrolls.

scottiepippen1994

Liked Posts:
If the players think they can do better, then they should just start there own league from the bottom up.

Glide2keva

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Every percentage point counts as 150 mill. The players want a 53/47 spliit. The old cba called for the players to get 57% so they basically given the owners back about 10 team payrolls.
This, the players have conceded some points in the split, but the owners want more of the pie for themselves. In reality, all they have to do is not spend so crazy on busts and players that are overrated.

This situation is occurring because the owners inability to control their own spending and scouts not doing their collective jobs and overrating player talent levels. Spending on potential and not on production and merit is what got them in this hole.

Glide2keva

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
If the players think they can do better, then they should just start there own league from the bottom up.
They could, if they were smart enough to realize how much power they really have.

They have the owners by the short and curlies if they would open their eyes and see it. The players need to play hardball, because without them and their drawing power, there is no league.

People come to see players play, not owners own.

The owners need to be fair and stop treating the players like they are kids.

X

When one letter is enough
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
The funniest thing isn't the Rodman makes a lot of sense (as surprising as that is...)

It's that Rodman has now been more involved than Jordan has. Jordan's an owner who should understand the player's side...he should have a shitload to say.

97Bulls

Liked Posts:
The funniest thing isn't the Rodman makes a lot of sense (as surprising as that is...)

It's that Rodman has now been more involved than Jordan has. Jordan's an owner who should understand the player's side...he should have a shitload to say.

Unfortunatelyy, jordan can't really comment on the strike. He's already been fined 100K forr something he said regarding the strike.

RamiTheBullsFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
This isn't a strike- it's a lock-out.

There's a big difference too. TRUST me.

Reactions: BNB

BNB

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  2. Oakland Raiders
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
hahaha Rami, you know what he meant.

But yeah X, 97Bulls is right... if MJ said anything about the lockout, he'd be fined a shit load of money. But 97 Bulls, you're wrong about why he was fined. He was fined for talking about Bogut.

Glide2keva

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Unfortunatelyy, jordan can't really comment on the strike. He's already been fined 100K forr something he said regarding the strike.
It's not a strike.

It's a lockout, big difference. You know that 97.

Glide2keva

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
hahaha Rami, you know what he meant.

But yeah X, 97Bulls is right... if MJ said anything about the lockout, he'd be fined a shit load of money. But 97 Bulls, you're wrong about why he was fined. He was fined for talking about Bogut.
Yeah, that's tantamount to tampering what Jordan got fined for.

Reactions: BNB

inactiveuser1

The Legend
Donator
Liked Posts:
I don't disagree with him. If they wanted to play, they would. They make millions per year. The sports world is full of greed and selfishness and the NBA may be the worst.

Well put Uman :) the players need to stop asking for 57% I mean really?! They talk about wanting. "fair deal" well 50/50 is fair. 57/43 is not fair :turrible:

Glide2keva

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Whoosh!

That's the whole point going right over your head.

This ISN'T a players strike. This is an owner induced lockout. The players do want to play. You guys crying about 57% have to remember that the owners agreed to that whole-heartedly back in 1999.

The players deserve more of the pie because without them, there is no league to speak of. The players were willing to give back 4% of their take going down to 53%, but the owners want a 50/50 which is inherently unfair to the players. That tilts the scales in favor of the owners and no one and I repeat NO ONE comes to see the owners own.

If you think the players are greedy, that's ridiculous. The owners are the greedy ones. They mis-manage their money, don't control their own spending and spend money now for non-guaranteed future gains. The owners want the players to pay for their own ineptitude that they started in the 90's.

They claim that there are teams losing money, well the 4% that the players were willing to give back is a lot of money and would put a good number of teams in the black, couple that with wise spending on players that are worth the money and filling the roster smartly, most teams can make money. The owners know that the league is at the most popular state that's it's been in since the Jordan years and they are trying to make sure that most of that money that will come in goes to them and the players little none of it. If not none, then significantly less than what they should.

This is flat out greed by the owners and the players need to make a significant stand against this type of injustice and tyranny.

I think they should look into forming their own league, between the lot of them, former players who are doing well for themselves, they can secure some smaller arenas in the biggest cities and you know ESPN will be all over it. They need to do something to show the owners that they are valuable to them and that they are willing to stand up for their right to play the game they love and be fairly compensated for doing so.

If you're siding with the owners on this one, I feel sorry for your mother.