Rodman's message to NBA players

97Bulls

Liked Posts:
It's not a strike.

It's a lockout, big difference. You know that 97.

Yeah your right. That's a typo on my part. And I can't tell you how much I correct people that say the same thing.

That, and I hate when people say the owners "give" the players money. They "pay" the players.

X

When one letter is enough
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
hahaha Rami, you know what he meant.

But yeah X, 97Bulls is right... if MJ said anything about the lockout, he'd be fined a shit load of money. But 97 Bulls, you're wrong about why he was fined. He was fined for talking about Bogut.

I'm not talking about spouting to the media...I'm talking about being a voice in the room. Everything I've heard says Jordan has stayed mum on everything in the room, he's not said a word during negotiations.

BNB

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  2. Oakland Raiders
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I'm not talking about spouting to the media...I'm talking about being a voice in the room. Everything I've heard says Jordan has stayed mum on everything in the room, he's not said a word during negotiations.

He's probably staying quiet because he agrees with both sides in a way.

He was a player, so he gets why they want the things they want.. but he's an owner now and he understands why the owners want what they want.

This is also the first time he's been part of something like this. Most of the NBA owners dealt with this back in 99 and have more experience with how to deal with it.

WindyCity7

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
He's probably staying quiet because he agrees with both sides in a way.

He was a player, so he gets why they want the things they want.. but he's an owner now and he understands why the owners want what they want.

This is also the first time he's been part of something like this. Most of the NBA owners dealt with this back in 99 and have more experience with how to deal with it.

:beerbang:

inactiveuser1

The Legend
Donator
Liked Posts:
Whoosh!

That's the whole point going right over your head.

This ISN'T a players strike. This is an owner induced lockout. The players do want to play. You guys crying about 57% have to remember that the owners agreed to that whole-heartedly back in 1999.

The players deserve more of the pie because without them, there is no league to speak of. The players were willing to give back 4% of their take going down to 53%, but the owners want a 50/50 which is inherently unfair to the players. That tilts the scales in favor of the owners and no one and I repeat NO ONE comes to see the owners own.

If you think the players are greedy, that's ridiculous. The owners are the
greedy ones. They mis-manage their money, don't control their own spending and spend money now for non-guaranteed future gains. The owners want the players to pay for their own ineptitude that they started in the 90's.

They claim that there are teams losing money, well the 4% that the players were willing to give back is a lot of money and would put a good number of teams in the black, couple that with wise spending on players that are worth the money and filling the roster smartly, most teams can make money. The owners know that the league is at the most popular state that's it's been in since the Jordan years and they are trying to make sure that most of that money that will come in goes to them and the players little none of it. If not none, then significantly less than what they should.
This is flat out greed by the owners and the players need to make a significant stand against this type of injustice and tyranny.

I think they should look into forming their own league, between the lot of them, former players who are doing well for themselves, they can secure some
smaller arenas in the biggest cities and you know ESPN will be all over it. They need to do something to show the owners that they are valuable to them and that they are willing to stand up for their right to play the game they love and be fairly compensated for doing so.

If you're siding with the owners on this one, I feel sorry for your mother.
I'm not crying over the 57% thi I'm just sayi if they want it to be equal then split it down the middle because then neither side can say they aren't getting as much as th e other

What I am crying over is no basketball :crying:

BNB

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  2. Oakland Raiders
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Rose blames owners for NBA lockout - NBA - Yahoo! Sports

I really like Drose he is a hard worker and a hell of a player but damn this makes him look like an idiot the players just need to shut up.

how does that make him look like an idiot?

The owners are blaming everything on the players, and the players are blaming everything on the owners. Are all the players that are going to all the meetings telling the owners everything Rose is basically saying all idiots? No... they're doing what they're supposed to. The owners are doing what THEY'RE supposed to be doing.

and as a result, it's fucking the fans over

BNB

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  2. Oakland Raiders
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

I really like Drose he is a hard worker and a hell of a player but damn this makes him look like an idiot the players just need to shut up.

The owners are blaming everything on the players, and the players are blaming everything on the owners. Are all the players that are going to all the meetings telling the owners everything Rose is basically saying all idiots? No... they're doing what they're supposed to. The owners are doing what THEY'RE supposed to be doing.

Glide2keva

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yeah your right. That's a typo on my part. And I can't tell you how much I correct people that say the same thing.

That, and I hate when people say the owners "give" the players money. They "pay" the players.
Love the last part.

Glide2keva

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

Why should he or any other player shut up?

We are not here because the players don't want to play, We are here because the owners can't control their spending and want to legislate how much they pay the players.

This is nowhere near the player's fault. This is all on the owners.

But I know, no one wants to hear Millionaires complain about money, but that isn't what the players are complaining about. They want to play, It's the BILLIONAIRES that are preventing this from happening because they won't allow the players to do their jobs.

Siding with the owners is just plain wrong.

Glide2keva

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

This.
Problem is the owners blaming the players is a dirty bit of hypocrisy. The players are going to do what any other person would do. They are going to take whatever they are willing to pay them.

I'm not even going to speak on the undertones to this whole situation.