Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
I am probably in a minority here but I think Rome was a luxury pick despite other pressing needs. Don't mistake me. He is awesome and was probably bpa..

But Bears already had Moore, Allen, Kmet and Everett for pass catching. When Falcons shocked the world by drafting Penix, Bears should have leveraged the expected QB panic run and traded down with either the Broncos (#12) or Raiders (#13) and then drafted either Latu or Turner or Murphy. Even if they did want to go offense, then they should have drafted an OT or Bowers at 12 or 13. And the extra pick or picks could have been handy in Day 2.

Added benefit would have been Vikes not getting McCarthy.

who-the-fuck-are-you-kenny-powers.gif

Doggie.. Rome is on the board..you fucking take him.
xJUzMm.gif

All good, stay active here.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I am probably in a minority here but I think Rome was a luxury pick despite other pressing needs. Don't mistake me. He is awesome and was probably bpa..

But Bears already had Moore, Allen, Kmet and Everett for pass catching. When Falcons shocked the world by drafting Penix, Bears should have leveraged the expected QB panic run and traded down with either the Broncos (#12) or Raiders (#13) and then drafted either Latu or Turner or Murphy. Even if they did want to go offense, then they should have drafted an OT or Bowers at 12 or 13. And the extra pick or picks could have been handy in Day 2.

From absolutely needing a Haul to having luxury picks within a few weeks. Stunning.

Rob219_CBMB

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
I can't think of anything. i can't focus on my family, my habits, my dogs,
.....just ROME and CO. for the past 3 fuking days.

Toast88

Liked Posts:
So apparently Rome also returns punts. I don't think I want to see him returning punts and end up with a freak injury. Change my mind.
He’s the 3rd WR on the depth chart, so that’s not usually a protected position as it relates to returning punts.

That said, he is a projected premium player, so I doubt he ends up returning punts.

gallagher

Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Ohio Bobcats
So apparently Rome also returns punts. I don't think I want to see him returning punts and end up with a freak injury. Change my mind.
It's not like our guy Rome is a Desean Jackson type. KR and PR will probably go to someone on the bottom of the roster who is trying to add value. That's something Scott and VJJ would compete to do, not Odunze.

ursamajor

D.J. Moore is phat
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

Any OT drafted will be at best mediocre, as a rookie. The ascent to greatness would start in year 2 or 3.

It looks like Poles is looking to contend this year.

Dstone5553

Liked Posts:
From the Athletic

Odunze had an early flight to Detroit for the draft. He called Houshmandzadeh and asked if they could fit in a training session before he took off.

They eventually agreed that would be too early, but it speaks to Odunze’s work ethic.

“He’s a pro already,” Houshmandzadeh said. “That acclimation period was Thursday, the day he got drafted, he’s a pro. He approaches things as such.”

Dstone5553

Liked Posts:
Pick your poison,” Houshmandzadeh said. “If Caleb is clicking and this offense comes together the way it should, what do you do? DJ Moore is extremely dynamic on the outside. You got Rome on the other side. People don’t know this — Rome ran a 10.5(-second) 100 meters in high school. That is rolling at 6-3. … Don’t get it twisted that Rome is big. Rome will run right by you.

“Then you’ve got one of the best route runners in the slot in Keenan Allen. You also have (D’Andre) Swift in the backfield that can get active. So you have a group of skill-position players that can do so much. … Could quite possibly see something special here.”

Forty-six

Liked Posts:
After decades of an embarrassment of riches on defense which has resulted in mediocre play, I'm ready for the flipside = an embarrassment of riches on offense.

The chance for Caleb and Rome to grow up together and gel like Burrow and Chase have in Cincy is too amazing to pass up. I love Poles' decision to draft Rome instead of going defense for the 51st straight year. Poles watched Seinfeld's The Opposite episode and we are better off for it.

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Odunze was a great pick. This is not a good take.

The Bears are flipping the script. The NFL favors a high-flying offense, and Ryan Poles is building a high-flying offense. Welcome to the 21st century. Ryan Poles is tired of the history and the tradition of the Chicago Bears being the thing that people talk about. He's trying to make people's point of pride being the Bears right now. I love it.