Ronnie Stanley and Laremy Tunsil

Liked Posts:
Stanley has allowed 3 sacks in 2 years per College Football Focus. Tunsil 2 sacks. Stanley about a half season more games. Both will be studs in the NFL.

Novak

Mod in Training/Fire Forum
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Stanley has allowed 3 sacks in 2 years per College Football Focus. Tunsil 2 sacks. Stanley about a half season more games. Both will be studs in the NFL.

And the Bears have no chance at either.

Burque

Huevos Rancheros
Liked Posts:
3 QB's go before us and we have a real shot at Stanley.

BearsFan51

Liked Posts:
By what standards?

Watch him try to run block. You won't see this team throw the ball around the field like the Saints. Stanley can't run block. He barely even tries to run block. He's weak he's soft and is the opposite of mean and nasty.

Good rushers will beat him with power in the NFL.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Watch him try to run block. You won't see this team throw the ball around the field like the Saints. Stanley can't run block. He barely even tries to run block. He's weak he's soft and is the opposite of mean and nasty.

Code words for athletic and a good pass blocker.

He is a good enough run blocker, and in the grand scheme of things I do not care if he is not great in the run game, the LT position is about keeping the QB on his feet.

Liked Posts:

I would say that's a bit harsh. He's not the best of run blockers, but he's not awful either. He's an elite pass blocker though. He's also not weak or soft. I wish that narrative would go away.

baselman1974

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
The Right side of the Oline are the road graters. Left side is meant to keep QB clean since its the QB's blind side.

Novak

Mod in Training/Fire Forum
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
The Right side of the Oline are the road graters. Left side is meant to keep QB clean since its the QB's blind side.

This is a highly misleading, inaccurate statement.

Bear Pride

Bears Gonna Shock the World!
Liked Posts:

Yeah maybe, but Slaus, Ramirez, Long, and Massie all are run maulers. We need a LT that protect Jay's blindside on the passing downs. It would be a good mixture, and you can always put a TE over there or chip with a RB. You're like a dog with one of those big plastic cones on your head, you simply cannot think outside the box.

Sagbear

Liked Posts:
Stanley would have gone round 1 last year but came back to school to improve on his overall skill set and run blocking, which he did improve. He is not a road grader but he has elite protections skills and a proven track record. He does need to get into the weight room and improve his upper body strength to improve in the run game but a good nutritionist and strength coach can get him to improve.

Tunsil is a monster and Bears have no shot at him unless he kills someone.

Liked Posts:
Stanley would have gone round 1 last year but came back to school to improve on his overall skill set and run blocking, which he did improve. He is not a road grader but he has elite protections skills and a proven track record. He does need to get into the weight room and improve his upper body strength to improve in the run game but a good nutritionist and strength coach can get him to improve.

Tunsil is a monster and Bears have no shot at him unless he kills someone.

This is a solid take on him. He's not the strongest or nastiest, but he shouldn't be classified as weak in general. He's also not lazy and works hard at his craft which is why I would agree he can only improve in the run department.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Give me 5 pass blockers and positional run blockers everyday of the week, especially on Sunday.

hebs

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Interview with Bob Wylie on NFL radio about Stanley was pretty good. I recall him giving Stanley an A grade for stopping bull rushes and speed rushes (for those that said he couldn't handle power rushers) and said his football intelligence was elite. Knows every positions' responsibility on every play as well.

One Team

Liked Posts:
How am I a troll? Knock on Stanley is that hes not that aggressive, and doesnt have a good work ethic.

Curious where this 'knock' is documented? Notre Dame is not exactly known as a place where dudes with 'bad work ethic' go to hang out.