Rose needs to stop with the FLOATERS

cool007

Liked Posts:
Okay, maybe it's just me but I am freaking tired of seeing Rose shooting those Push Shots or Floaters whatever you want to call it.

Those shots are good when they go in but they are IMO not very good shots, he will never go to the free throw line as much as we need him to if he keeps taking those shots every freaking game.

I don't mind if he takes it here and there or when clock is running out but he is doing it almost exclusively this year. He didn't do this last year or barely did it but this year most of his shots have been floaters. He has NOT been going to the free throw line or going there barely and I totally blame it on those floaters. He tries to take it to the hole and then just shoots floaters instead of going to the rack with full force and try to dunk it and get the contact and try to finish.

See Arenas/Wade/Westbrook/and many more - these are the guys that go to the line more coz they throw their body into the defenders and try to finish it. Rose needs to do the same thing - but also remember that he will not get the call every time but if he keeps throwing his body there - he will start getting the calls and refs will call it 2 out of 4 times. Eventually they will get used to him going to the line and he will go there a lot more.

So I hope Rose stop the floaters and go to the hoop more and go to the free throw line more.

Chitown773

Liked Posts:
You can't critique what got him here. Rose has been doing that since he went to Beasley, dude. That's his signature move, similar to the hesitation dribble, that no one else can do.

pinkizdead

Liked Posts:
you want to rose, the future of franchise, to throw his body around more like wade and arenas ? you know i was just thinking that rose has got to start playing more like ginobli.

all kidding aside, yeah, he has to learn to generate contact, but who he gonna learn that from?

engies

Liked Posts:
He was nailing that floater consistently last year. for whatever reason he has been inconsistent with it this season. I dont think he should give up on it entirely. He just needs to start nailing it again, which he did in the New Jersey game.

Bullsman24

Mr Metta World Peace
Liked Posts:
no ways, a floater is one of the best shots in basketball. it's very difficult to defend, and isn't a difficult shot. this is something rose needs to develop to be able to be an elite point guard.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
No, what he needs to do is know WHEN to use the floaters and when to take it to the rim and get some contact.

cool007

Liked Posts:
You guys taking it the wrong way. When I say stop doing it - I mean he needs to stop OVER DOING it. If he takes about 4 of those a game, then I am fine with it but he does it almost exclusively now. If he falls in love with this shot, he will really not go to the line as much and when they don't fall, he will look really bad out there.

On the other hand, he might be the FIRST point guard ever to take those extended (almost to the foul line) floaters that no other PGs can do. I know Parker and few others do it but they do it when they are inside the paint while Rose does it from as far as 15 ft from the basket.

Maybe he will make his own name or this shot will be called his own signature shot that will stick like that Finger roll by iceman??

theCHI_Life84

Liked Posts:
clonetrooper264 wrote:
No, what he needs to do is know WHEN to use the floaters and when to take it to the rim and get some contact.

i agree with you there, but its only a matter of time when he figures this out.

his floater is pretty solid, and i cant blame him for opting to take the floater instead of trying to create contact because he still does NOT get calls. refs still treat him like they did last year. those guys that get FT's, they get calls on way less contact than ive seen rose take all the time, but he never gets that whistle. hes stuck on what to do, and you can see it in his eyes sometimes.

heres an example: this past saturday when he shook rajon to the point where the chump went flying. he was just inside the FT line and had no idea what to do for a second. he opted to take a standing floater and drained it.

this tells me that he is not yet confident in his jumpshot yet. his decision making ability on when to score and when to do what in certain situations is not yet developed, and i think its because the kid is over-thinking it. because when hes on fire to the point where he is mentally unconscious, it seems like he tends to make the right move more often.

its a mental thing with him, and i think everything will fall into place once the goddam refs open their fkn eyes. because when he does everything he should be doing in order to get the contact, and he gets no call, i can only imagine the frustration.

Hendu0520

Liked Posts:
Rose is fine and he can shoot whatever shot he wants, its much better than anyone else shooting on the Bulls.

We need to calm down, Rose is already a top 5 PG in the league. I think Bulls Fans want him to be Michael Jordan or atleast the best player in the league. Rose will not be the best player in the league, but he will most definately be one of the top PG's in the league.

To win a Championship in my opinion a team must have: 1) the best player in the league

2) 2 of the top 3 players at a certain position

3) 4 or 5 guys top 5 at each position.

The Bulls so far should be trying to build under category 2. If they can land Boozer or Bosh (only 2 Big men averaging 20/10 this year) or Amare they are back on track to forming a contender.