Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
I really do not understand the Bars cut. Although my guess is that Coward is still hurt for week 1 and they were not prepared to have Bars be the swing tackle. So, maybe another move coming there as my understanding is that Lucas is not great at that spot either.
I fully expect Bill O'Brien to trade Tunsil to the Bears for a 5th and Nick Kwiatkowski.

JesusHalasChrist

N.eg it from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.
Donator
Liked Posts:
If it was my decision I would have kept Bars, but let's face it: Bears media/fans don't exactly have a great track record the last few years of predicting which players are certain to be claimed off waivers.

Toast88

Liked Posts:
Bears will pick up a waiver wire tackle if needs be. I think they want a vet.

You’re probably right. But remember that vets don’t hit the waiver wire. They become instant free agents, which is good for the Bears.

Zion

Magitek Knight
Liked Posts:
Cuts:

Bears cuts:
Daryle Banfield
Alex Bars
Matt Betts
Jon Bullard
Ian Bunting
Josh Caldwell
Jalen Dalton
Stephen Denmark
Tommy Doles
Clifton Duck
Kylie Fitts
John Franklin
Tanner Gentry
Marvin Hall
Chuck Harris
Jonathan Harris
Jesper Horsted
Thomas Ives
Doyin Jibowu
Michael Joseph
…Joe Lowery
Jordan McCray
Jonathon Mincy
Taquan Mizzell
Sam Mustipher
Ryan Nall
Ellis Richardson
Jameer Thurman
Marquez Tucker
James Vaughters
Joe Walker
Jordan Williams-Lambert
John Wirtel

THEY CUT JASPER HORNSWAGGLE!

Pace will live to regret this

wazzupi

Liked Posts:
Bro i smell a trade for OLB/CB/Oline or TE and a push to obtain the players we really want (that were cut) early into our PS.

wazzupi

Liked Posts:
6 ilb 6 dlineman and lucas sound like trade fodder

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
"Should get through pretty easily" is exactly the point. It'll probably work out fine, but it's not a certainty. Yes, I think some other team could possibly have liked Denmark going into the draft, and be willing to roll the dice here by claiming him. Possibly a team like the Giants or the Raiders with no realistic hopes this year and a dearth of talent on their roster. Denmark is the type of very high risk/high ceiling guy that might make sense for them to take a flyer on.

Whyte is going to make the roster as the #4 RB. If Mizzell makes the roster, it will be as a WR in the Bellamy role...
OK and so? Who should we cut instead of a guy that can't play his position effectively yet. I said it against some strong objections before camp began, if they hide him, he'll clear waivers.

pinkfloydster

Liked Posts:
Respond in English, and tell me what resources they spent. Some $? Money that had to be spent on camp players no matter what? They wasted not a single resource.

Well, dispense with the concept that “preseason is worthless”. It is not. It is vital. Having said that, think of every UDFA snap during preseason as a pull on a slot machine. The bears invested a lot of pulls in TE and none of them were close to making the team, IMHO.

Now, if u r the patriots with like 12 draft picks in 2019, this is no biggie. But if u r a team with 4 draft picks, your UDFA opportunities become more important..

In short, Pace’s unique style places a higher value in UDFA finds moreso than any other team in the NFL.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Glad they kept Anderson - he definitely flashed. I hope Vaughters ends up on the PS.

I'm as perplexed about Bars/Lucas as anyone.
It's often who they think they can get through waivers to try and keep both.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Well, dispense with the concept that “preseason is worthless”. It is not. It is vital. Having said that, think of every UDFA snap during preseason as a pull on a slot machine. The bears invested a lot of pulls in TE and none of them were close to making the team, IMHO.

Now, if u r the patriots with like 12 draft picks in 2019, this is no biggie. But if u r a team with 4 draft picks, your UDFA opportunities become more important..

In short, Pace’s unique style places a higher value in UDFA finds moreso than any other team in the NFL.
Bears look like they have 6 picks next year unless Howard gets cut. 2 in round 2. Of course, you'd rather they passed on Mack and Monty. If not, WTF!

Visionman

Liked Posts:

What you conveniently forget is those UDFAs don't have to make the 53 and contribute their rookie year to be a win. Thus the term "developing UDFAs"...

pinkfloydster

Liked Posts:
Bears look like they have 6 picks next year unless Howard gets cut. 2 in round 2. Of course, you'd rather they passed on Mack and Monty. If not, WTF!

I love what Ryan Pace has done. That doesn't mean it isn't interesting and fun to consider how he's going to navigate the negative consequences of his team building philosophy.

pinkfloydster

Liked Posts:
What you conveniently forget is those UDFAs don't have to make the 53 and contribute their rookie year to be a win. Thus the term "developing UDFAs"...

Guess what I mean by that is Abdullah Anderson and Josh Woods were successful UDFA developments. I don't see the same possibilities from the current crop of UDFA tight ends. If Horsted can put on 20 lbs and still be explosive, maybe. But the others, missed the mark.