dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Quinn was awful last year. But he did have 11.5 Sacks, 22 QB Hits the prior year. He was some kind of hurt in 2020, not sure the details... I think I heard his ankle, which is a major impediment for a pass rushing OLB. He's "only" 30 years old. I think it's more likely he'll better this year.

But still, I expect it will be an open competition between Quinn, Attouchu, Gipson and Vaughters. I really hope Gipson makes a development jump. We could really use that kind of luck.
I guess he had something called drop foot all year. I think that's what i read or heard. Also remember hearing someone say it's something that doesn't ever get fully back to 100% or some shit.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
There's a dude with the number zero

Could Snowden be a hybrid LBer for us? Look where he's lined up at basically CB at 3:25 of this video and i posted a video clip a few posts up of him also lined up at MLB and CB in it. Could he be our Anthony Barr type or is he too tall?

wazzupi

Liked Posts:
Could Snowden be a hybrid LBer for us? Look where he's lined up at basically CB at 3:25 of this video and i posted a video clip a few posts up of him also lined up at MLB and CB in it. Could he be our Anthony Barr type or is he too tall?
Leonard Floyd ?!? But less long stride...

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
I think Snowden may make the team as a guy that can play both DE and OLB as he is very long at 6-7. SHis long term fit will depend on whether he shows the best to stick at OLB otherwise I think he adds 20-30 pounds on his 6-7 frame and transitions to DE like RRH.
FWIW, I don't think Snowden has the frame to add that much weight. He's very narrow-waisted with a skinny lower half.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
He measures out as a 3-4 OLB

edit fwiw I bet they ask him to add weight if he spends time at the DL position

Last edited:

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:

he would have to put on at least 50-60 lbs mostly in muscle to convert to a lineman that won't get plowed off the LOS. I think he sticks as an OLB based off his size alone. He could easily add 20 lbs of muscle (mostly) over the course of a season with NFL trainer/nutrionists. Lotta work though.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
he would have to put on at least 50-60 lbs mostly in muscle to convert to a lineman that won't get plowed off the LOS. I think he sticks as an OLB based off his size alone. He could easily add 20 lbs of muscle (mostly) over the course of a season with NFL trainer/nutrionists. Lotta work though.
If he's on the oline it will be during passing situations....he's got laterally quickness and hes a ball hawk near the line...

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
I guess he had something called drop foot all year. I think that's what i read or heard. Also remember hearing someone say it's something that doesn't ever get fully back to 100% or some shit.

Correct

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange

Yeah i know he looks like a OLB but was just thinking maybe he could play off the line for us like A.Barr does cause he's a big kid as well at 6'5" 255 pounds. Virginia had him playing all over the defense as shown in the most recent video where he's lined up way outside where CB's line up and in a video i posted up this page some where he's lined up at MLB and again way outside at CB.

Just a thought but i'm sure the plan is to play him at OLB.

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
If he's on the oline it will be during passing situations....he's got laterally quickness and hes a ball hawk near the line...
Yeah I get his lankiness; we've all seen that fail miserably in this defense before is what I am saying. He reminds me of another Floyd; which isn't necessarily a bad thing I think Floyd was and is a solid player. Having a guy that size peeling off on tight ends and occupying space I think is more valuable than having him try and rush the passer at a weight where it's a huge disadvantage. Maybe blitz him, but not ask him to go one on one with tackles. JMO (at least initially until he builds his frame and legs)

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yeah I get his lankiness; we've all seen that fail miserably in this defense before is what I am saying. He reminds me of another Floyd; which isn't necessarily a bad thing I think Floyd was and is a solid player. Having a guy that size peeling off on tight ends and occupying space I think is more valuable than having him try and rush the passer at a weight where it's a huge disadvantage. Maybe blitz him, but not ask him to go one on one with tackles. JMO (at least initially until he builds his frame and legs)
a Floyd type player as an UDFA is just fine....

Some people expected him to be drafted ...even possibly day 2.

Sculpt

Liked Posts:
I read, if it's drop foot, he is probably already recovered, or it could be something permanent.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
I read, if it's drop foot, he is probably already recovered, or it could be something permanent.
Lets hope it's the former and he's already recovered.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:

Beat writers reported it could be career threatening last year

Sculpt

Liked Posts:
Beat writers reported it could be career threatening last year
Yes, I read it could be as simple as getting hit around the knee and healed in a few weeks to a neurological disorder. They arent saying.

Hutch1975

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Milwaukee Brewers
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Edmonton Oilers
  1. Brigham Young Cougars

I wonder - why not keep him at his current weight to develop behind Trevethan/Roquan Smith at ILB?

Why fix something that may not be broken by adding weight?