Roughly a year ago...

Jack Lantern

Liked Posts:
I'm not saying that's exactly what everyone is saying. I'm saying that's the sentiment I'm getting. You haven't seen all the different threads where people want to draft or pay for oline and TE in the off-season? and some people want to replace Trubisky? and some people wanted to replace Nagy? I just get the feeling some ppl won't be happy unless all of those issues are fixed. This is completely different from last year where we only wanted to reply the kicker and maybe Burton for his post season performance or lack there of.

In 2021 it'll be a new set of weak links and rants from the year prior. This is why the NFL is the Win Now League and the same reason rookies don't sit on the bench their first year like baseball, hockey, etc. They are expected to produce right away.

With the physicality of the sport, guys could be playing on one leg after week 1. When health and ball bounces go your way like it did in 2018 the goal must be accomplished, there is no carryover momentum from one year to the next.

It is what it is

Pegger

President Stoopid
Liked Posts:
we may consider disqualifying Aesopian Threads.......most of them are assumed to be stupid and ridiculous
giphy.gif

This is just a shits and giggles thread. Having some dumb suggestions will add to the overall stupidity were are looking for.

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
we may consider disqualifying Aesopian Threads.......most of them are assumed to be stupid and ridiculous

I threw that dude on the old ignore list lonnnng ago. I can only take so much stupid.

ChiKhan

QB1
Liked Posts:
giphy.gif

This is just a shits and giggles thread. Having some dumb suggestions will add to the overall stupidity were are looking for.

hyatt151

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
What were some of the ideas that were on this board?

Let's have some fun with this. What kinds of crazy off-season posts were happening? What trades/FA signings were being talked about? I'm sure we can look all those threads up, but let's consolidate all the horrible/unactioned ideas in one spot and have a laugh.
Roughly a year ago. No one realized the Bears 2018 season was an anomly

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Donator
Liked Posts:
I just remember the nonstop posts about Kareem Hunt coming here because he had a connection with Nagy in KC.

And how he's really not a bad guy for kicking that girl in the hotel because she might have called him a name.

RubberBanMan

I’m just a fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
I just remember the nonstop posts about Kareem Hunt coming here because he had a connection with Nagy in KC.

And how he's really not a bad guy for kicking that girl in the hotel because she might have called him a name.
I still don’t think that video was bad. He pushed her over with his foot.

but yeah he should’ve walked and stayed away.

ChiKhan

QB1
Liked Posts:

I still feel the same way to be honest.

Penny Traitor

バカでも才能は一つ
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
How about exactly one year ago?

I had doubts about QB/TE/OL going into 2019, but really what changed more anything was my perception of Matt Nagy.

He was just nailing it his first season, but was the first to completely implode this season.

I still think he can be a good HC and the cries for a new play caller I found too reactionary. He finished the season better than he started as well, but was really, really bad for too long of a stretch and missing the playoffs was on his head. I just hope that he knows that, even if you will never hear him say it, and putting together a Big Boy NFL coaching staff will make all the difference.

The real problem is my doubts about QB/TE/OL just became ten fold worse.