Ruh Roh....Bears hold out

BigTom

Liked Posts:
If they give Roquan 100 mil this rebuild is a bust before it even gets rolling. Might as well wait for the next rebuild in a few years when they get out of that contract. You don't build your team around a linebacker thats just solid and does nothing to change games. Hes not Urlacher that made everyone else better. Hes Briggs. Selfish and only out to get his. Been that way since they drafted him.

Spitta Andretti

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
If they give Roquan 100 mil this rebuild is a bust before it even gets rolling. Might as well wait for the next rebuild in a few years when they get out of that contract. You don't build your team around a linebacker thats just solid and does nothing to change games. Hes not Urlacher that made everyone else better. Hes Briggs. Selfish and only out to get his. Been that way since they drafted him.

terrible take

Bears4Ever_34

Liked Posts:
How is it Poles fault that Roquan is the final year of his rookie deal and wants a new contract?

This is common in the NFL with players going into the final year of a contract, genius
It's his fault because he hasn't signed him to an extension yet. What is there to negotiate? He's one of the best ILB's in all of football, and still really young. This deal should be as easy as finding the highest paid ILB, and then paying Roquan slightly more. Done.

Spitta Andretti

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
It's his fault because he hasn't signed him to an extension yet. What is there to negotiate? He's one of the best ILB's in all of football, and still really young. This deal shouldn't be that complicated.

that doesnt mean that you just pay him whatever he wants. he'll get his deal

msadows

Liked Posts:
Not a difference maker type player for this team at this time. He would be for a few other teams, though.

Stupid take of all stupid takes. He's the best player on this team, at the safest position in football as far as career path, and is only 25.

That doesn't even factor in the fact that he plays the position that this franchise is storied for over the years.

You could easily give roquan a 6 year deal and end up paying him relatively nothing by the time fields is in his prime.....

Is he were white, Omelet would consider him the best LB in the game

If he were white all of chicago would be sucking his dick right now. Lets be honest.

I stand corrected, this is the stupidest of all takes.

Payton!34

Liked Posts:
Not saying he isn’t a difference maker as he is but does his position/play warrant that much of the team cap?

One could also argue that according to Poles’ plans of tearing down and rebuilding that by the time this ship has corrected itself he will be towards the end of his new mega contract or career and isn’t really a part of the new team. This ship will take minimum 3 years and that’s optimistic given the current roster.

We need two wr’s, one tight end, maybe a new rb, a couple of linemen if not 5 of them,

One slot cb, a 3 tech, one dlineman, let’s say on d end and maybe one linebacker.

That could take a while or not if Poles hits in this draft, one or two cheap guys pan out, hits in next free agency amd draft and Fields is who we hope he is!

That’s a lot of ifs and buts.

I don’t profess to know the best strategy for NFL team building, neither do most GM’s to be honest.

I do think this position has prompted Rowena to maybe force Poles hand bc of the u sure status of the team and their strategy moving forward.

From a business standpoint it probably makes sense to not offer him a contract this year in hopes that you get better play out of a guy playing for a huge extension and reassessing after end of season.

He hasn’t played far and above his draft status— lb’rs shouldn’t be drafted that high to begin with in my opinion. I’m not saying him in particular, im saying any lb. He’s already making great money!

The only reason to justify hiring a defensive head coach and this guy in particular is to use far less resources on the defensive side relying on everflus talent to coach them up enough to get middling play and build an offensive juggernaut!!!

That has been the most successful strategy of late given who has won the latest Super Bowls!!!

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Stupid take of all stupid takes. He's the best player on this team, at the safest position in football as far as career path, and is only 25.

That doesn't even factor in the fact that he plays the position that this franchise is storied for over the years.

You could easily give roquan a 6 year deal and end up paying him relatively nothing by the time fields is in his prime.....

If he were white all of chicago would be sucking his dick right now. Lets be honest.

I stand corrected, this is the stupidest of all takes.

The bolded means absolutely nothing to me.

TheWinman

2020 CCS Survivor Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
It's his fault because he hasn't signed him to an extension yet. What is there to negotiate? He's one of the best ILB's in all of football, and still really young. This deal should be as easy as finding the highest paid ILB, and then paying Roquan slightly more. Done.
Don't ever run a usiness

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Some of your takes are so fucking bad. Lol.

MakeMyDay

VISIONARY
Donator
Liked Posts:
He doesn't have any of the leverage that he thinks he does. No matter how good he plays or to have played, it won't be a difference maker this season or maybe the next.

They won't back the money truck up to him this season. This is a useless ploy that won't gain him any favors.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
He should fit this system well and we don't know what he's asking for other than a signing bonus and future raise in the last year of his rookie deal, which is very common. People should chill until there's more info.

His biggest dislike coming into the league was his size and biggest asset, his speed/mobility. He's a great fit for the C2 Mike.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:

Bust

Liked Posts:

this is.gif

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
The good news is, Roquan represents himself. So Poles is gonna fleece him. ?

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
IDK......his stats don't really scream game changer.

Roquan does have better sack totals than Briggs in his 1st 4yrs

1658967709077.png

Last edited:

TezMaKai

Liked Posts:
Racist old loser.