RUMOR: George McCaskey’s Frustration Mounting With Nagy And Pace

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
George doesn't know how to replace them. He will keep them for that reason alone, but this would also be his 3rd blow it all up in like 10 years.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
FWIW: If you read the linked article, you'll find what McCaskey actually said:

MCCASKEY: YEAH THERE ARE CHALLENGES. WE THINK THAT THE TEAM THAT BEST ADAPTS TO THOSE CHALLENGES WILL HAVE A BETTER CHANCE OF WINNING. THAT’S THE GOAL. TO WIN. THE GOAL EVERY YEAR IS TO WIN THE SUPER BOWL. TWO YEARS AGO, WE MADE A GREAT RUN. FELL SHORT. LAST YEAR WE REGRESSED. SO WE NEED TO FIND OUT WHICH TEAM IT IS.”

Does that equate to "frustration mounting with Nagy and Pace"?

Or is this some Internet guy trying to generate clicks by extrapolating sensationalism from a rather benign comment?

You be the judge.
That quote is from before the season started.

Erik Lambert, besides being a completely out of the loop hack, has very convoluted and difficult to understand writing "skills."

abegibronlives

Liked Posts:
That quote is from before the season started.

Erik Lambert, besides being a completely out of the loop hack, has very convoluted and difficult to understand writing "skills."

I imagine he has to preface all of his "scoops" with the word "Rumor", in order to avoid legal entanglements.

As in "RUMOR: Erik Lambert has a clue".....etc.

Last edited:

Sparks500

Liked Posts:
Unfortunately, Nagy is going to get another season with a new QB to prove how ineffectual he really is, and then Pace is going to fire him and hire a new coach.

gopher72

Liked Posts:
Wherever it comes from, no one could blame George. Delay of game after time outs, no play ready after successful punt fake.
the coaching staff looks like a bunch of goddamned amateurs..
I get that George doesn't call plays. But didn't he hire Pace?

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
So set up a (clandestine?) meeting with Louis Riddick when he's in town next week for the MNF game. Interview him for GM job. He's not a joke or token candidate, somyou kill 2 birds with one stone:interview a credible candidate early and get one of the Rooney Rule interviews out of the way.

I like Louis a lot but he is staunchly a Nagy supporter. Do you really think he would fire Matt Nagy? I don't.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Can the fans fire the owners?

Only if there was a fanbase-wide boycott of all Bears merchandise and season ticket holders stopped paying.