1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Toledo Rockets
Thanks but no thanks.

USCChiFan

Crow's Nest
Donator
Liked Posts:
If they do trade him, they better get top prospects in return.

nickofypres

Super Nintendo Chalmers
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Toledo Rockets
There is no real point in trading him though. Cheap, high upside, good fielder....

Just more idiocy by the brass.

Captain Iago

Giver of Occular Proof
Donator
Liked Posts:
Sorry, I'm not buying. Not only is he cheap, high upside, good fielder as 9:bizarro:1 accurately pointed out, wouldn't this be a case of selling low again, KW? C'mon, enough already.

Lefty

Liked Posts:
Sorry, I'm not buying. Not only is he cheap, high upside, good fielder as 9:bizarro:1 accurately pointed out, wouldn't this be a case of selling low again, KW? C'mon, enough already.

Yeah, it definitely would be, just as he did with BA, Josh Fields and Nick Swisher, all within the last three years. That's some atrocious GMing.

waldo7239117

Driving Wreckless DA Best
Donator
Liked Posts:
The WS will probably listen to offers for him, but will only trade him if they are blown away. And, I doubt they do and he won't be traded.

BigP50

04-21-2012
Liked Posts:
Im not sure how many other "top prospects" even have more upside then Beckham, we shall see.

BigSoxHurt35

Liked Posts:
F prospects in return!!! Keep this kid man! See this is why KW sucks at times, he wouldnt budge for Brandon McCarthy in the Alfonso Soriano deal, then dealt McCarthy which we got lucky that Danks is panning out. Now he wouldnt involve Beckham in the Dunn deal which I wouldn't either Beckham is gona be a good player. Now he's thinking of moving him??? Only way I do is if we can get an awesome player/hitter

hsvj60

Liked Posts:
siiiiiiiiiiiiiigggggggghhhhhhhhh...if this happens it could ruin the WS organization like the Ruth trade from Boston to NY, MAddux from Cubs to Braves or Brock to the Cards organizations just don't recover to well from losing good players and Bacon is a good player. Granted he's not at there level but theses guys were not HOF when they were traded either and Bacon has a ton of upside I can see him with alot of dedication being a poor mans Cal Ripken Jr.

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
siiiiiiiiiiiiiigggggggghhhhhhhhh...if this happens it could ruin the WS organization like the Ruth trade from Boston to NY, MAddux from Cubs to Braves or Brock to the Cards organizations just don't recover to well from losing good players and Bacon is a good player. Granted he's not at there level but theses guys were not HOF when they were traded either and Bacon has a ton of upside I can see him with alot of dedication being a poor mans Cal Ripken Jr.

well as i agree somewhat to not trading him, you do have him included with some of the greats and i wouldnt put him there yet.

as for a deal, it all depends on what he is packaged for, i do not want an adrian gonzo deal where agon leaves in a year. we would need to extend any player beyond a year, i would prefer to sign an FA 1b instead of a trade. now if it can land you a solid RF i would do it all day, and sign orlando hudson for 1 year.

Jntg4

Fire Forum Moderator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Chicago State Cougars
  2. DePaul Blue Demons
  3. Illinois-Chicago Flames
  4. Loyola Ramblers
  5. Northern Illinois Huskies
  6. Northwestern Wildcats
The Cubs are interested I hear. But if the Sox want top prospects then F it, he isn't worth it. Not with the Cubs Middle Infield organizational depth anyway.

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The Cubs are interested I hear. But if the Sox want top prospects then F it, he isn't worth it. Not with the Cubs Middle Infield organizational depth anyway.

:rolleyes:

link?

il take beckham over dewitt all day long

X

When one letter is enough
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
:rolleyes:

link?

il take beckham over dewitt all day long

Who in the world compared Beckham to DeWitt? Jntg4 simply said he's not worth a top prospect from the Cubs.