Running Backs not named Elliot

SeriouslyImNotPace

Liked Posts:
Do we really want another RB who won't be any better than what we already have? For me the whole point of drafting Elliott at 11 would be because he's suppose to be the next big stud RB like AP. Now if we can't get Elliott & Cook 1-2, I want Lynch (or Goff if available) and secondary in the second round. I don't wanna waste a draft pick not improving a position or not improving it very much at least.

More than happy to take Elliot, point was he may be gone.

I prefer qb. Yes, Lynch included. I like Cutler, but he is aging. If not, and Buckner falls, I will be freaking thrilled. But, have to admit I might get biggest kick out of Elliot...and maybe the people whining about Forte will shut up.

SeriouslyImNotPace

Liked Posts:
Your question makes no sense. Sorry. You only get one pick at a time. So, if we do not get a de first this year, by your logic we cannot need or want one next year?

Liked Posts:
In my opinion, put Derrick Henry on this team, with our defense.....wow, Bears would be very very hard to beat. Win games with ball control and defense. Mini Version of last years Broncos...Langford and Henry split carries and keep eachother healthy. Get the lead and feed Henry the rock!

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
Obviously Derrick Henry. But I also like Kenneth Dixon and glad to see Devontae Booker getting some love. Alex Collins and Paul Perkins are underrated also.

Wild_x_Card

Liked Posts:
If you are going for an elite running back you just trade your first pick this year and try and get next years draft stocked with picks and trade up or hope you can get your hands on the best running back in the country in Leonard Fournette...

I would literally trade my first rounder this year just to secure a top 5 spot in next years draft.. Im trading with teams like cleveland and detroit for a 1st round pick next year so that I can get my hands on that guy... He is going to rule the NFL for a long time as a 3 down threat

Lol

ob1force

Liked Posts:
Out of the earlier round guys, I'm a fan of Alex Collins, Kenneth Dixon, and Devontae Booker. Later round guys I like are DeAndre Washington, Wendell Smallwood, and Jhurell Pressley.

Wild_x_Card

Liked Posts:
I too appreciate Chris' attempts to bring levity to draft discussions, however unintentional they may be.

Indeed. Can't wait for his thorough analysis on this one.

While the other top two backs in the country last year got stronger as the game went on, ( YPC, yards after contact and total TD's) showing they have the stamina to really grind a defense down in the 2nd half. Fornette's numbers dipped off. But yeah, let's mortgage the farm for him. Seems legit.

fatbeard

Liked Posts:
Indeed. Can't wait for his thorough analysis on this one.

While the other top two backs in the country last year got stronger as the game went on, ( YPC, yards after contact and total TD's) showing they have the stamina to really grind a defense down in the 2nd half. Fornette's numbers dipped off. But yeah, let's mortgage the farm for him. Seems legit.
Hey, Ryan Pace could do a magazine cover with him wearing a wedding dress! What could go wrong?

dabears253313

Liked Posts:
I like CJ Prosise in the earlier rounds.

Some mid-late round picks that could be steals:

Josh Ferguson, Paul Perkins, Kelvin Taylor and Tyler Ervin.

Wild_x_Card

Liked Posts:
Hey, Ryan Pace could do a magazine cover with him wearing a wedding dress! What could go wrong?

Bw5CpaDIIAAJrwa.jpg

Parkway Drive

Liked Posts:
If Booker was 6'2 he'd basically be a Forte comp- big fan.

Tbh though, pure subjective hunch.... Alex Collins is going to be a 300/1300/10 fucking beast at the next level. 40 time be damned, the kid is built like a brick house and is a grinder. I would fap if we got him with our first pick in the 4th.

While I like Booker more, I just don't think he makes it past late 2 / early 3 and we have too many needs to go RB there. The only way we possibly take RB early is if ZEKE falls to 11 which will not happen. His upside isn't quite Gurley, but he has no injury history and can do it all.

bearsfan1977

Liked Posts:
Derrick Henry-dude is a mauler and is faster than he appears. He can grind down a defense over time while also splitting reps with Langford as a change of pace back. Love Keith Marshall in the later rounds. Buried behind Gurley and then Chubb at UGA (2 generational-talent backs IMO). Injuries held him back in college but would be perfect in a back-by-committee backfield.

Wild_x_Card

Liked Posts:
Derrick Henry-dude is a mauler and is faster than he appears. He can grind down a defense over time while also splitting reps with Langford as a change of pace back. Love Keith Marshall in the later rounds. Buried behind Gurley and then Chubb at UGA (2 generational-talent backs IMO). Injuries held him back in college but would be perfect in a back-by-committee backfield.

He's only a Mauler when he hits the 2nd level. Top heavy with long legs. He's not good at creating a hole because his feet are slow around the line of scrimmage and his balance isn't ideal. He tends to lunge in short yardage instead of sticking a foot in the ground and running behind his pads.

In contrast his feet are fairly nimble once he gets rolling. Those opportunity's come far less frequently at the next level. The Brandon Jacobs comparisons are pretty lazy. He ran behind his pads much better and was hard to knock him off of his base.

Consider this, over the last two 1/2 seasons Henry was dropped for zero or negative yardage 52 times.

I don't think he'll bust. That's not what I'm getting at. I think he'll go through some growing pains and struggle early much like Melvin Gordon did last year. The two had strikingly similar deficiencies.

bearsfan1977

Liked Posts:
He's only a Mauler when he hits the 2nd level. Top heavy with long legs. He's not good at creating a hole because his feet are slow around the line of scrimmage and his balance isn't ideal. He tends to lunge in short yardage instead of sticking a foot in the ground and running behind his pads.

In contrast his feet are fairly nimble once he gets rolling. Those opportunity's come far less frequently at the next level. The Brandon Jacobs comparisons are pretty lazy. He ran behind his pads much better and was hard to knock him off of his base.

Consider this, over the last two 1/2 seasons Henry was dropped for zero or negative yardage 52 times.

I don't think he'll bust. That's not what I'm getting at. I think he'll go through some growing pains and struggle early much like Melvin Gordon did last year. The two had strikingly similar deficiencies.

Good points. What are your thoughts on Marshall? I know he blew away the combine, but I went to UGA so I've watched him for the last few years. His injuries were tough to see, but I think he has the instinctual talent to be a very good RB in this league.

Wild_x_Card

Liked Posts:
Good points. What are your thoughts on Marshall? I know he blew away the combine, but I went to UGA so I've watched him for the last few years. His injuries were tough to see, but I think he has the instinctual talent to be a very good RB in this league.

Alot to like about Marshall. Size, speed, vision.
Raw and durability are killers. Could be a very good change of pace back IMO.

Xplosive

In the Land of the Blind the One Eyed Fan Is Neggd
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
Daniel Lasco would be perfect in the 4th if he lasts. He can do it all.