Russ Smith???

maxdosres23

Liked Posts:
What are your thoughts on drafting him. He Can obviously do it all, its really just his size that is a problem. Which he is so skinny but he is a true 6ft (I am six foot and he was taller than me by a little when I met him) We took marquis Teague a couple years ago in the first round and he was a little point guard too.

When Teague and Smith went head-to-head in college their stats were:

Teague:
Game 1- 4PTS 5ASSISTS 3REB 0STL 4TO
Game 2- 8PTS 5ASSISTS 2REB 1STL 2TO

Smith:
Game 1 - 30PTS 0ASSISTS 5REB 3STL 3TO
Game 2- PTS 9ASSISTS 1REB 2STL 3TO

I feel like if we took a chance on Teague there should be no question on taking smith. Thibs would LOVE the energy and defense. He is such a conditioned player I feel like he could eventually be a great spell to Rose. He could come in and bust his ass and make things happen for our second unit. He can score and thats our Number one problem, No?

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
not in the first round.....if we took a PG in the first i'd rather go with Shabazz Napier

but personally i'd rather go after somebody like LaVine

maxdosres23

Liked Posts:
Russ

not in the first round.....if we took a PG in the first i'd rather go with Shabazz Napier

but personally i'd rather go after somebody like LaVine

Yeah I should have clarified, for sure second round. Unless he shows out in the Draft work outs and his stock rises. He may not even get drafted, but I still feel that in the second round he is a must pick if he is still there. His body isn't NBA ready but his game for sure is.

As for Shabazz, he went Head to head with Russ 3 times in this season alone.

Russ

Game 1- 23.PTS 4.REB 2.Assists 0.STL 4.TO

Game 2- 3.PTS 1.REB 13Assists 4.STL 4.TO

Game 3- 19.PTS 4.REB 3.Assists 4.STL 1.TO

Shooting
Game 2 -- 1-3

Shabazz

Game 1- 30.PTS 4.REB 1.Assists 0.STL 4TO

Game 2- 9.PTS 9.REB 1.Assists 0.STL 3.TO

Game 3- 16.PTS 4.REB 3.Assists 0.STL 1.TO

*Shooting
Game 2 -- 2-13
Game 3 -- 4-12

Looking at this Louisville took him away after they realized what he can do. While russ really showed all his skills on both ends of the court.

When I look at Napier all I see is that he can of course score and he rebounds and he averages 5 assists a game. But the rebounding will not translate to the NBA whatsoever. He isn't consistent with his passing. He doesn't put up good numbers against good teams. If you look at the last 4 games of the regular season against ranked teams he didn't have good assist numbers or good stats at all really.

All season He was being projected to go second round until he had a good run at the tournament. He is about the same size as Russ and is not as electric in my opinion. The upside of Russ is larger than the upside of Shabazz. You don't really know what part of his game will translate but you know that Russ is athletic, can score and defend.