Russel Okung's 40 Day Water Fast (Loses 100 Lbs In Months - Tips For CCS Posters)

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
Didn't resort to popularity, just forgot you're simple minded.
Are you gonna make a point, or just continue with personal attacks? You've done nothing but ad hominem since your boy got destroyed. This is genuinely a paradigm shattering moment for you bud. Embrace it, realize you don't really know what you're talking about, and become smarter. Or continue with the cognitive dissonance.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Are you gonna make a point, or just continue with personal attacks? You've done nothing but ad hominem since your boy got destroyed. This is genuinely a paradigm shattering moment for you bud. Embrace it, realize you don't really know what you're talking about, and become smarter. Or continue with the cognitive dissonance.
Good luck, @Spartan isn't even a real person. He's devolved into a cringe online backyard wrestling promo persona.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
Good luck, @Spartan isn't even a real person. He's devolved into a cringe online backyard wrestling promo persona.
I wish he were a good heel at least. Dude touts someone who intentionally dumbs down the whole convo for unmotivated sloptards that can't close their gullet, and then calls others simpletons. These are the same people that have no clue that IF works because you are eating less without really having to bother counting calories, then will say they lost 500 lbs while not being in a deficit.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I wish he were a good heel at least. Dude touts someone who intentionally dumbs down the whole convo for unmotivated sloptards that can't close their gullet, and then calls others simpletons. These are the same people that have no clue that IF works because you are eating less without really having to bother counting calories, then will say they lost 500 lbs while not being in a deficit.
Imagine thinking that you can lose weight simply by consuming less calories. That is simpleton logic.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
Pretty sure hunter gatherers never fasted. The definition of the verb "fast" is to abstain from food, which indicates a choice. Maybe Grog the caveman noticed his love handles were getting a little big so he laid off the starchy roots for a day or two. But seriously, back in the 90s I was an avid bicycle racer, however I knew that after a 4 hour balls out race I could replace those calories in 5 minutes at McDonalds. You do bring up an issue that is significant, when I wrote "everybody is different", I had a very specific reason. You and me and all who read this have 100s of generations of ancestors who, over time, helped develop our biolgic systems. If you eat and drink wisely (not crazy witholding of food), stay active (I mean really active) and still have Grog's love handles, there may not be much you can do about it (other than surgery). We humans have a set point of stasis, that our bodies will try to get to. I am 6'3" and my body feels good at about 210 lbs. But the next guy who is 6'3" might feel great at 190. The point is, eat reasonably, stay active and don't worry about it, remember you are fighting 100s of generations of ancestors.
I'm sure there were times where food wasn't readily available for Hunter/gatherers and they were forced to fast. It's not like they did it intentionally. It's why our metabolism is able to adjust based on what it's receiving.

I don't buy there being a static set point either. Your body just doesn't want to lose fat, so it will fight you tooth and nail to do so. It doesn't know that food is ubiquitous, it's just trying to keep you alive. I'm not disagreeing about a range your body will fall in, I'm just saying I'm pretty sure you can change it based on your activity level and food intake. Most people gain weight back because they immediately go back to what got them overweight in the first place, not because of a set point.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers