Ryan Pace/Matt Nagy RETAINED IGT

Visionman

Liked Posts:
Laughing my ass off if this is true. Any next steps should have been decided LONG ago. This is the time for implementing steps..... not deciding them.
I’ll try to look at the positive...

better they discuss the situation rather than just ignore it completely.

fx1718

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Laughing my ass off if this is true. Any next steps should have been decided LONG ago. This is the time for implementing steps..... not deciding them.
You dont think losing yesterday pathetically vs a playoff run should warrant more thought?

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
You dont think losing yesterday pathetically vs a playoff run should warrant more thought?

I personally don't think one game should decide anything. They should already know if they're going to keep or not keep the staff. I mean yes a miracle playoff run could have altered things but other than that they should know what the plan is.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
In all honesty, I will go into the offseason and next season with the least interest I have ever had if Nagy is still the HC of the Bears.

The guy is a player development, discipline, playdesign, and playcalling disaster.

That this is the best thing you can say about him is all that needs said.

Ken Mitchell @WCGBearsDenDude 14m

Whatever else one says about Matt Nagy, Ryan Pace and the Chicago Bears, they did an OUTSTANDING job dealing with COVID, the players deserve a ton of credit for being diligent and staying well and available. There was always going to be some, COVID is so contagious but still...

He should be a school nurse.

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
Ken Mitchell @WCGBearsDenDude 14m

Whatever else one says about Matt Nagy, Ryan Pace and the Chicago Bears, they did an OUTSTANDING job dealing with COVID, the players deserve a ton of credit for being diligent and staying well and available. There was always going to be some, COVID is so contagious but still...

He should be a school nurse.

Great we won the Covid bowl. LMAO fucking joke. Guess who else didn't have a Covid outbreak? The Packers. Guess who did? The Saints. GTFO!

BearFanJohn

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Fire the coaching staff, do or don’t keep MT, Pace likely keeps his job is possible. But if they fire the coaches and Pace stays and the new coaching regime is mediocre, then you fire Pace, the new GM will want his coach. If you don’t fire Nagy what indication has he given that he has the ability to build an offense? Yesterday’s game plan certainly sucked. And the offense sucked all year and I don’t accept blaming it all on MT.

Te Bears are in a very bad place. If I were the owners, I would be tempted to clear the entire building. Yea, I know, likely won’t happen.

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Fire the coaching staff, do or don’t keep MT, Pace likely keeps his job is possible. But if they fire the coaches and Pace stays and the new coaching regime is mediocre, then you fire Pace, the new GM will want his coach. If you don’t fire Nagy what indication has he given that he has the ability to build an offense? Yesterday’s game plan certainly sucked. And the offense sucked all year and I don’t accept blaming it all on MT.

Te Bears are in a very bad place. If I were the owners, I would be tempted to clear the entire building. Yea, I know, likely won’t happen.
The Bears future outlook is very bleak. Essentially have a lameduck GM, who has had 2 coaches, 4 top 10 picks and 3 QBs (Glennon, Mitch, Foles.) Nagy is a complete disaster across the board. Play calling, player development, game management, etc. Absolutely horrendous record against teams .500. He is continually embarrassed on national TV and outcoached every game.

And the Bears have no good options at QB next year and don't pick until 20. There will be good players available at 20 no doubt, but no shot at a franchise QB.

Leomaz

Pissing people off the right way!
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
  2. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
I’m still not sure what they are actually waiting on. This should be a done deal.

Fire them all

Chicago4Life

Liked Posts:
They waited 8 days in 2018 to hold their presser. I wouldn't read into this.

I'm guessing they're just deciding which assistants to fire to save face.

i dont think that works two years in a row...scapegoating assistants...nagy overhauled his whole offensive staff and they still had no improvement.

whats different here is that the 2018 presser was scheduled i believe but this season they didnt give a date which could simply be scheduling differences or george is really taking his time in deciding what direction to go.

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Who exactly is the “Bears brass”?? Dorky George and his 98 year old mother? Deep conversations about what soups for lunch maybe.

Ted and The Family.

Midway Fields

CCS Quarterback Guru
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
I’m hoping Ted gets told he needs to spend more time with his family and Peyton Manning is lined up to become president of football operations.

But I’m just a hopeless romantic that knows nothing.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
The Bears future outlook is very bleak. Essentially have a lameduck GM, who has had 2 coaches, 4 top 10 picks and 3 QBs (Glennon, Mitch, Foles.) Nagy is a complete disaster across the board. Play calling, player development, game management, etc. Absolutely horrendous record against teams .500. He is continually embarrassed on national TV and outcoached every game.

And the Bears have no good options at QB next year and don't pick until 20. There will be good players available at 20 no doubt, but no shot at a franchise QB.
No way Pace can hire4 a new coach, you either boot him and Nagy or boot Teddy, install Pace as team president, which is at least a modest upgrade at that position, then hire a new GM and HC that are on the same contract schedule.

Bears Backer 54

Liked Posts:
There should really not be a discussion on what steps to take. You would think a plan for all options would already have been planned for. This should have just been a day for execution... there should not have been anything new they didn't already see or know from yesterday's game to have an impact on this.

Leomaz

Pissing people off the right way!
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
  2. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
I’m extremely excited to find out who is going to be the Bears new quarterback coach for Taylor Heinicke next year

edited for name correction

Last edited: