Ryan Pace's Delay Could Cost Him His Job

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
He's built a team that, if we win 4 or 5 games this year, it will be viewed as an improvement....

It's that bad.

But, but, it's not his fault. It's everybody else's fault! he should get three more years because he has been learning on the job.

Mjiton

Liked Posts:
But, but, it's not his fault. It's everybody else's fault! he should get three more years because he has been learning on the job.

Don't know who is saying that but it's ignorant. Pace gets 2 more with a new HC or 1 year if they keep Fox.
Has nothing to do with him being new. And everything to do with giving people time to do their job on a rebuild rather than being a Meatball and expecting "wunderkind" turn arounds.

The talent was there to win more games this year even with injuries. Like: They didn't give Glennon the benefit of the doubt on his god awful receivers. The bad pass protection. And simply letting the new guy acclimate to the game while playing top 7 defenses. So they put a green QB in. I like Mitch but if he is "learning" on the field then he isn't likely to win anymore games than Glennon would have. They merely took a chance that the green rookie would some how pull a Watson. Except Watson has decent coaching more experience and 2 Pro Bowl worthy receivers.

The play designs Loggains has come up with have been head scratching at time and dumbfounding other times.
And Fox has been bad in what little he had to do on the field.

But a good coaching staff easily wins 7-9 this year with the talent and injuries.

WestsideResider

Bro idk
Liked Posts:
Pace threw money at Glennon and he fucking stunk and pretty much put us in a 4 game hole by himself. My mistake on expecting to win more than 3 games in the 3rd year of a rebuild, I forgot this is the Bears we're talking about.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Don't know who is saying that but it's ignorant. Pace gets 2 more with a new HC or 1 year if they keep Fox.
Has nothing to do with him being new. And everything to do with giving people time to do their job on a rebuild rather than being a Meatball and expecting "wunderkind" turn arounds.

The talent was there to win more games this year even with injuries. Like: They didn't give Glennon the benefit of the doubt on his god awful receivers. The bad pass protection. And simply letting the new guy acclimate to the game while playing top 7 defenses. So they put a green QB in. I like Mitch but if he is "learning" on the field then he isn't likely to win anymore games than Glennon would have. They merely took a chance that the green rookie would some how pull a Watson. Except Watson has decent coaching more experience and 2 Pro Bowl worthy receivers.

The play designs Loggains has come up with have been head scratching at time and dumbfounding other times.
And Fox has been bad in what little he had to do on the field.

But a good coaching staff easily wins 7-9 this year with the talent and injuries.

Just to be clear I was referring to Pace learning on the job, not Mitch. Of course a rookie has to learn on the job, but if you want to go there, Mitch's learning curve seems to be a bit slower than most. Product of bad coaching, bad WR's, I get all that, and I am not calling him a bust, but I will say starting to get a bit concerned.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
I've been extremely critical of Pace, but his job isn't, and shouldn't be on the line. The McCaskeys gave him this shit coach. and I don't think he can hire anyone anyway, except Fangio, who I don't think would be much of a coach anyway. Whether they fire Fox now or on black Monday is pretty irrelevant.

Mjiton

Liked Posts:
Just to be clear I was referring to Pace learning on the job, not Mitch. Of course a rookie has to learn on the job, but if you want to go there, Mitch's learning curve seems to be a bit slower than most. Product of bad coaching, bad WR's, I get all that, and I am not calling him a bust, but I will say starting to get a bit concerned.

I wasn't referencing your comment about Pace's inexperience to Mitch's. Sorry about the confusion.
I disagree with Mitch being behind the curve. He seems about the norm to me. I think the difference is he was far less experienced than normal high picks. So he has farther to go. Meaning he probably has a longer learn time than most. Which is why I wanted him to sit because he had to learn basic shit but I saw talent on the tape that had little to do with his receivers (I'm not a scout perhaps I didn't give his receivers enough credit). If the Bears had Marshall/Jeffery I'd be bitching we didn't take Watson. But I figured the Bears did not have a complimentary team for Watson like Houston. Seeing the shit show the Bears had I figured we needed a guy who wasn't a gunslinger and could sit. I would have never started him myself. I would have stuck with Glennon and seen if he could eventually clean up his turnovers because he was getting good yards against what top 7 Defenses.

The coaches have made a mess of it. And I disagree with Pace's plan to flood the WR position and hope for a lucky strike or two. I'd have gone hard at better talent. (Assuming Pace didn't). Including tagging Jeffery. But I've kinda flip flopped on tagging Jeffery or not. Going into the season with Meredith as your #1 was just not acceptable.

As far as Pace goes I think his miss on White wasn't his fault. And if you combine that then with his inexperience then I'd give him a pass on a year. I think it's obvious if White didn't get hurt and was simply above average the Bears win a few more of those close games and then people aren't shitting the bed nearly as much. If Pace sticks with Fox then I say he has the next season to prove it. If he picks a new coach I still only give him 2 years. I don't see that as unreasonable or too lenient.

And like most posters here it's all just opinion and not worth shit.

Mjiton

Liked Posts:
Speaking of Pace's Kevin White pick.
Kevin white - Fractured Scapula (Shoulder Blade)
"Most scapular fractures heal completely by 6 weeks, and all external support is discontinued at this time. Progressive use of the upper extremity is encouraged. Continue ROM exercises until full shoulder mobility is recovered."
"While the team has yet to determine if surgery is necessary, he isn't expected to return until the team's Nov. 12 game against the Packers at the earliest."
And yet they didn't bring him back with it now 3 weeks beyond that earliest date with more weeks to go.

He was completely healed in November with weeks to work out the kinks. Why wasn't he brought back?
Are they done with him? Is there undisclosed complication? Something is fishy.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Which potential coaches will they have to cross off the list? Tell me about the other openings this off season that are going to be so far superior to coming to work for the Bears.

NY Giants
Colts
Maybe Bucs
Maybe Bengals who have a ton of talent.

Guys who I doubt they can land an interview with McDaniels, Patricia, Harbaugh, Nagy if he is locked in on Indy.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
The real fuck you of John Fox is not allowing Trubisky to be shown off.

Trubisky is the biggest selling feature of this job and he has not really be allowed to do much.

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Speaking of Pace's Kevin White pick.
Kevin white - Fractured Scapula (Shoulder Blade)
"Most scapular fractures heal completely by 6 weeks, and all external support is discontinued at this time. Progressive use of the upper extremity is encouraged. Continue ROM exercises until full shoulder mobility is recovered."
"While the team has yet to determine if surgery is necessary, he isn't expected to return until the team's Nov. 12 game against the Packers at the earliest."
And yet they didn't bring him back with it now 3 weeks beyond that earliest date with more weeks to go.

He was completely healed in November with weeks to work out the kinks. Why wasn't he brought back?
Are they done with him? Is there undisclosed complication? Something is fishy.

I'd love to hear Pace's response.

Sparks500

Liked Posts:
NY Giants
Colts
Maybe Bucs

Guys who I doubt they can land an interview with McDaniels, Patricia, Harbaugh, Nagy if he is locked in on Indy.

You know, you may be right, but never underestimate the ego of a guy who wants to be a head coach in the NFL. We see this as disadvantages, they may see them as challenges. There are still only 32 of these jobs in the world.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
NY Giants
Colts
Maybe Bucs

That’s just your opinion and nothing more. The only one you mentioned that makes any sense is Nagy just because of the KC connection. You’ve lost your mind to think they couldn’t get an interview with Harbaugh if he wanted to come back to the NFL. McDaniels is most likely next up behind Bill so he’s probably not interviewing with anyone. Patricia is a name you’re just throwing out there with nothing to back it up.

The Colts are terrible and Luck might be done. Also, they have an awful owner.
The Bengals owner is the GM. The talent there is getting older. That is not a better job.
The Giants are interesting because of the market but just pulled the plug on a coach after two years. The best players on the team are receivers. They are weak up front on both sides of the ball. The QB is done.
Bucs aren’t firing Dirk after just firing Lovie two years ago.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
That’s just your opinion and nothing more. The only one you mentioned that makes any sense is Nagy just because of the KC connection. You’ve lost your mind to think they couldn’t get an interview with Harbaugh if he wanted to come back to the NFL. McDaniels is most likely next up behind Bill so he’s probably not interviewing with anyone. Patricia is a name you’re just throwing out there with nothing to back it up.

The Colts are terrible and Luck might be done. Also, they have an awful owner.
The Bengals owner is the GM. The talent there is getting older. That is not a better job.
The Giants are interesting because of the market but just pulled the plug on a coach after two years. The best players on the team are receivers. They are weak up front on both sides of the ball. The QB is done.
Bucs aren’t firing Dirk after just firing Lovie two years ago.

We will see.

The Bears won't be in the drivers seat of this coaching search. At best they will be behind the Giants and Colts.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
You know, you may be right, but never underestimate the ego of a guy who wants to be a head coach in the NFL. We see this as disadvantages, they may see them as challenges. There are still only 32 of these jobs in the world.

I don't doubt that they will hire someone, but I would like to be in the drivers seat and the only way to do that is let these coaching candidates see Trubisky over the last 3 games.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
We will see.

The Bears won't be in the drivers seat of this coaching search. At best they will be behind the Giants and Colts.

Nothing but conjecture on your part... I'm not even sure Nagy is going to be that hot of a commodity. That coaching staff is authoring a monumental collapse.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Nothing but conjecture on your part... I'm not even sure Nagy is going to be that hot of a commodity. That coaching staff is authoring a monumental collapse.

Nothing but conjecture on your part as well that this will be an in demand job.

Common sense tells you that the Bears cannot offer the job security of the other teams, we have an unknown at QB, and we don't have a decided draft pick or cap room advantage over those jobs.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
Nothing but conjecture on your part as well that this will be an in demand job.

Common sense tells you that the Bears cannot offer the job security of the other teams, we have an unknown at QB, and we don't have a decided draft pick or cap room advantage over those jobs.

That's the silliest thing I've ever heard. The Bears can offer whatever security they deem necessary to close the deal. They have a young QB that an incoming coach may or may not like, a top ten pick, a major facilities upgrade, plenty of cap space and the chance to work in one of the greatest cities in the US. Indianapolis and Cincinnati are cow towns. However, NY is no doubt a great city and opportunity.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
That's the silliest thing I've ever heard. The Bears can offer whatever security they deem necessary to close the deal. They have a young QB that an incoming coach may or may not like, a top ten pick, a major facilities upgrade, plenty of cap space and the chance to work in one of the greatest cities in the US. Indianapolis and Cincinnati are cow towns. However, NY is no doubt a great city and opportunity.

If the Bears go 3-13 next season, more than likely Pace is fired.

That would have a huge impact on the coaches job security.

They can sign the coach to a 5 year deal, which won't mean much if Pace gets fired.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
If the Bears go 3-13 next season, more than likely Pace is fired.

That would have a huge impact on the coaches job security.

They can sign the coach to a 5 year deal, which won't mean much if Pace gets fired.

You're just creating scenarios to fit your narrative. The Bears are never going to fire a guy on a five year deal after a year. Also, if they commit to Pace and his new coach, do you truly believe they're only getting one year to show results?

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
You're just creating scenarios to fit your narrative. The Bears are never going to fire a guy on a five year deal after a year. Also, if they commit to Pace and his new coach, do you truly believe they're only getting one year to show results?

They may get 2. But to act like Pace has not taken body blows over the last 3 years is short sighted.

But Ballard in Indy and whoever the Giants hire are not going to be on a 1-2 year window to show something. Which means there is increased job security.

The same reason Lovie could never get a real OC, everyone was concerned about how much security he had.