Ryan Poles Bears GM Finalist

Mighty Joe Young

Living in Troll's Heads Rent-Free for Decades
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
We'll need to make sure Poles has a nice clean entry into the organization. Don't want him going off to soon.

Hopefully the fans don't end up celebrating the hire prematurely...

wonky73

Las Vegas Sorts News
Liked Posts:
HOld up.. If the Bears are going to be riding with Poles.. does that mean we get Aaron?

pdxbearsfan

Liked Posts:
21 members of Chiefs front office get their pictures and bios prominent displayed on the top of their website under "Front Office Staff". Ryan Poles is not one of them. What's up with that?

maybe an intern with a fancy title?

mattb78

My threads are FTO !
Liked Posts:
If they hired Poles because he would accept hiring Caldwell. We have a Pace, Fox arrangement all over again.
Agreed. If he doesn't have extra candidates to interview he is not prepared to be a GM. How can you say with any honesty that George and company interviewed the exact people that Poles was considering. B.S. Nice early test to see if the organization has really changed at all.

Toast88

Liked Posts:
Agreed. If he doesn't have extra candidates to interview he is not prepared to be a GM. How can you say with any honesty that George and company interviewed the exact people that Poles was considering. B.S. Nice early test to see if the organization has really changed at all.
Exactly. I doubt it’s Caldwell. I think someone would’ve leaked by now that he’s the new coach.

Instead, we get reports that Caldwell is in the building today, which doesn’t have to actually mean anything. Todd Bowles was in the building the day Pace was hired.

Either way, the head coach needs to be someone Poles picks and who Poles has 100 percent confidence in. You hired Poles to be your guy. Let him be your guy, whether he ends up going with Dan Quinn or Brian Daboll or Eric Bienemy or whoever.

For what it’s worth, apparently he has a good relationship with Dan Quinn and likes him a lot.

Toast88

Liked Posts:
For what it’s worth, Waddle and Silvy had Field Yates on, who talked about how they were hired at the same time as scouts for the Chiefs in 2009. Says he’s super impressive and that if he could pick one guy who knows what the hell he’s doing in the draft, a guy who deserves to get his first GM job, it’s Poles.

I know, I know. We always get reports like this no matter who’s picked. But hey, maybe they lucked into getting it right this time?

Rob219_CBMB

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
HOld up.. If the Bears are going to be riding with Poles.. does that mean we get Aaron?
With what money??? if we had the cap i'd say do it, if poles is good at fixing the offensive line in one off season.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts: