Ryan Poles failed to find Justin Fields a stud in 2022 NFL draft

JP Hochbaum

Liked Posts:
you mean studs ? the ones he failed to get for Fields ? Got it. Check mate - Sigler.
No check mate, lol. THat is not how logic works. Poles never said he would get studs for Fields in the draft, he said he was going to get the best players he could draft.

The illogical argument is presenting a case that POles never said he would do, and then say Poles failed at it. It is a red herring.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
did you expect something different when its year 1 of a rebuild and they had the most dead cap? the win was always Fields showing progression. The talent will be added when there is cap to spend and more picks to use
Poles has had his fuckups, that’s for sure, but I just don’t get what people were expecting this year. I wanted Alec Pierce over Gordon but the draft isn’t an exact science but I don’t agree with not drafting offense for Fields.

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
No check mate, lol. THat is not how logic works. Poles never said he would get studs for Fields in the draft, he said he was going to get the best players he could draft.

The illogical argument is presenting a case that POles never said he would do, and then say Poles failed at it. It is a red herring.
Poles said he was going to surround fields with talent, either in free agency or the draft. He hasn’t done that. It’s ok to be critical and cautiously optimistic at the same time.

Spitta Andretti

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Poles said he was going to surround fields with talent, either in free agency or the draft. He hasn’t done that. It’s ok to be critical and cautiously optimistic at the same time.

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yes, he hasn’t done much of anything yet, I get the situation he was in. Gordon and Brisker do not help develop the quarterback no matter how hard you try to spin it., and I don’t want to beat the dead horse/vjj pick.

Spitta Andretti

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Yes, he hasn’t done much of anything yet, I get the situation he was in. Gordon and Brisker do not help develop the quarterback no matter how hard you try to spin it., and I don’t want to beat the dead horse/vjj pick.

I didnt say he drafted Gordon and Brisker to develop the quarterback.

He drafted them to better the team overall. Which is what he stated from the start

• Haha
Reactions: Myk

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:

He drafted them to better the team overall. Which is what he stated from the start
Yes, that’s defense. He could have easily started the rebuild by building an offense around the qb., it’s not like a safety and db are going to change the complexion of this team as opposed to a WR and OL or TE

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:

And yet the same ol people are saying we still need a better defense. I guess Poles failed at making a better team overall or even a better defense with what he had.

Hindsight picks say a WR in the 2nd would've done better towards making the team better.

JP Hochbaum

Liked Posts:
I get that he said that, but he never gave a timeline and to expect it to be done with an off season is being overly critical and unrealistic.

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
So you mean Velus, Pettis, Harry and ESB isn’t considered help? /end sarcasm

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
And yet the same ol people are saying we still need a better defense. I guess Poles failed at making a better team overall or even a better defense with what he had.

Hindsight picks say a WR in the 2nd would've done better towards making the team better.
I think the biggest concern with the defense is we have a defense coach and he literally has not coached up one player. Jaylen Johnson has regressed. No one on the dline has surprised anyone. Lbs are poo. You would expect a couple players to outperform with a hc expertise is defense

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
I get that he said that, but he never gave a timeline and to expect it to be done with an off season is being overly critical and unrealistic.
Who said anything about one off-season?

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
I think the biggest concern with the defense is we have a defense coach and he literally has not coached up one player. Jaylen Johnson has regressed. No one on the dline has surprised anyone. Lbs are poo. You would expect a couple players to outperform with a hc expertise is defense
Jaylon is playing injured and has zero pass rush. No corner will be successful without a front 7. Sanborn, Brisker and Eddie have all improved. Quit being a meatball. This Defense has very little talent especially on the DL.

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I mean c’mon… 31 other GM’s said a variation of this. It’s GM speak.

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
Jaylon is playing injured and has zero pass rush. No corner will be successful without a front 7. Sanborn, Brisker and Eddie have all improved. Quit being a meatball. This Defense has very little talent especially on the DL.
idk bro, I am concerned big time about the DC. Any time your boss has to come help you do your job, it's not a good look.

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Eddie Jackson looks better. (Might be the only one)

Sanborn is going to the HOF.

Might be the worst dline in the league

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
idk bro, I am concerned big time about the DC. Any time your boss has to come help you do your job, it's not a good look.

I’m no fan of the DC.
But in their defense, the halftime adjustments made earlier in the season with Quinn & Smith still on the roster was somewhat comforting. Once those guys were moved, no adjustments would really matter since the defense just doesn’t have talent to compete

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Eddie Jackson looks better. (Might be the only one)

Sanborn is going to the HOF.

Might be the worst dline in the league
It is the worst DL in the league.