Ryder Cup - WTF, Zach?

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Well, a lot of us question the pick of Zach Johnson as coach the minute we heard about it and now we know why.

Zach decided to sit Ryder Cup stalwarts, Jordan Spieth, Justin Thomas and Brooks Koepka in the opening session and the Europeans scored a historic 4-0 victory and the Ryder Cup is over before it has even started.

Thanks Zach, from those of us waking up at 5 AM on the first day to find out that the match is essentially over. We really appreciate it. WTF was this plan? The David Ross Method?

“Well, Jordan and Justin and Brooks all kicked ass last time, but I played the guys who “earned it “ rather than give us our best chance to win. I got the idea from David Ross. Those guys will be well rested as they try to dig us out of an unprecedented hole.”

Europe played their lions Jon Rahm, Viktor, Hovland, Rory, McIlroy, and now the European team that got its ass kicked in Wisconsin, has absolutely no pressure whatsoever because they’re already off to a nearly insurmountable 4-0 lead.

I guess we now root for the type of miraculous comeback only the Europeans have ever pulled off. Ok, boys, make me eat my words.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
And the USA halves all three matches they led late, while getting beaten badly in the 4th, and trails by 5.

Scobear

Liked Posts:
And the USA halves all three matches they led late, while getting beaten badly in the 4th, and trails by 5.
Still 5 after today, but as a Euro I wouldn't write the US off quite yet. I think that finish by Cantaly may have fired your guys up (kinda like Ian Poulter at Medinah where the Euros came back from 10 - 6 down). It's a long shot but I would have far more confidence in the US Rookies than the Euros and 18 holes of singles has been the strong point of US teams in the past. May be an interesting day tomorrow.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
The second session really came back to haunt the US. They had a lead in three matches late and all three ended up all Square and they lost ground because Europe won the fourth easily.