Saad to get first crack at Center

Shantz My Pants

Liked Posts:
The only thing I can think of is that either A, they don't think Pirri is ready to play 2nd line, or B, they want Pirri to believe he still has to work for that 2nd line C.</p>

</p>

You don't just let the kid who led the entire AHL in scoring at center not get a chance on the 2nd line.</p>

</p>

Fucks the matter with Q?</p>

Tater

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I had to +1 ya Rex for posting "The Shining" clips.</p>

EspoForever

Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Trev" data-cid="209188" data-time="1379190814">

The only thing I can think of is that either A, they don't think Pirri is ready to play 2nd line, or B, they want Pirri to believe he still has to work for that 2nd line C.

You don't just let the kid who led the entire AHL in scoring at center not get a chance on the 2nd line.

Fucks the matter with Q?</p></blockquote>
Pirri was unbelievably UNDER whelming at today's scrimmages, IMO. Did nothing to create offense. Cannot catch a pass. Looks like a good AHL player at bet to me. Every time I have seen him live I have said "meh" at best, and "damn this guy is over-matched" at worst.

R K

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Trev" data-cid="209188" data-time="1379190814">
<div>

The only thing I can think of is that either A, they don't think Pirri is ready to play 2nd line, or B, they want Pirri to believe he still has to work for that 2nd line C.</p>

</p>

You don't just let the kid who led the entire AHL in scoring at center not get a chance on the 2nd line.</p>

</p>

Fucks the matter with Q?</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

</p>

Funny, I will not say who but there was a conversation I was listening to during one of the morning skates during the finals that suggested Pirri's forte was a very selfish player.  Now I wanted to interject during the conversation and say, but usually players who lead a league in assists are not selfish, but when around those type of people it's better to just listen and not interject.</p>

</p>

I believe there are some apprehensions surrounding Pirri at this point.</p>

R K

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="EspoForever" data-cid="209201" data-time="1379216584">
<div>

Pirri was unbelievably UNDER whelming at today's scrimmages, IMO. Did nothing to create offense. Cannot catch a pass. Looks like a good AHL player at bet to me. Every time I have seen him live I have said "meh" at best, and "damn this guy is over-matched" at worst.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

</p>

He's also skating on the teams top line so that would lead me to believe that "bickell" does not lead a lot of the set ups, and Kane/Pirri don't come across to me as players who would have chemistry.  Pirri is not the two way player JT or Sharp are.  Nor does he have the talent even close of either.</p>

dlrob315

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="JOVE23" data-cid="207469" data-time="1375561518">
<div>

I'd much rather see Pirri get a shot at it than just have it gifted to Saad. I'm hoping that's what happens.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

It wouldn't be a gift to Saad and Saad has proven he can play at the big boy level at a young age where as Pirri hasn't; and normally the best players in this league bypass the league (AHL) where the NHL teams develop their depth players.  The AHL is where 3rd & 4th liners are groomed and every once in awhile some break through and become 1st & 2nd liners.</p>

R K

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Ida B. Wells' Nephew" data-cid="209216" data-time="1379287585">
<div>

It wouldn't be a gift to Saad and Saad has proven he can play at the big boy level at a young age where as Pirri hasn't; and normally the best players in this league bypass the league (AHL) where the NHL teams develop their depth players.  The AHL is where 3rd & 4th liners are groomed and every once in awhile some break through and become 1st & 2nd liners.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

Two of your current top six, minus the open spot which will make 3 all played in the AHL.</p>

</p>

3 of 6 means a lot more than 3rd and 4th line players, play in the AHL.</p>

</p>

I completely disagree with that statement.  VERY FEW players just come right into the NHL.</p>

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Ida B. Wells' Nephew" data-cid="209216" data-time="1379287585">
<div>

</div>
</blockquote>

Moreover, Saad has proven he can play *wing* at the big boy level.  Playing center is a completely different can of worms. </p>

dlrob315

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="LordKOTL" data-cid="209242" data-time="1379346051">
<div>

Moreover, Saad has proven he can play *wing* at the big boy level.  Playing center is a completely different can of worms. </p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

With out a doubt but he isn't being given a gift and that is why I responded to that joke of a statement.</p>

BigPete

Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Mikita's Helmet" data-cid="209561" data-time="1379954687">
<div>

Saad back to wing</p>

</p>

http://prohockeytalk.nbcsports.com/2013/09/23/saad-back-to-the-wing-for-hawks/</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

</p>

</p>

Good.</p>

</p>

</p>

I really like young Leblaaaa at center.  He is a great and sneaky little passer that is always giving it to an open guy as they break the zone.  I have no idea if he can be a good defensive center in this league or if he can win battles in the crease and corners like Toews, but so far I like what he's putting out there.  He reminds me of Zhamnov (his better qualities, like puck control and passing) so far.</p>

Maiden

Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="R K" data-cid="209217" data-time="1379292061">
<div>

Two of your current top six, minus the open spot which will make 3 all played in the AHL.</p>

</p>

3 of 6 means a lot more than 3rd and 4th line players, play in the AHL.</p>

</p>

I completely disagree with that statement.  VERY FEW players just come right into the NHL.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

RK is right. The very good organizations want their players to spend a couple of years in the AHL learning what it is like to be a professional.</p>

Getting used to an 82 game schedule. The Red Wings have always stocked their Grand Rapids AHL affiliate with talent and watched them grow.</p>

Rex

Chief Blackcock
Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Maiden" data-cid="209640" data-time="1380007597">
<div>

RK is right. The very good organizations want their players to spend a couple of years in the AHL learning what it is like to be a professional.</p>

Getting used to an 82 game schedule. The Red Wings have always stocked their Grand Rapids AHL affiliate with talent and watched them grow.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

here in Chicago though, if you don't make the team as an 18 year old, everyone thinks you're a failure.</p>

BigPete

Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Rex" data-cid="209760" data-time="1380142235">
<div>

here in Chicago though, if you don't make the team as an 18 year old, everyone thinks you're a failure.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

</p>

</p>

Bandwagoners, yes.</p>

Rex

Chief Blackcock
Liked Posts:
<div>

</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

Patrick Sharp played 3 years in the AHL</p>

Brian Bickell played 4 years in the AHL</p>

Hammer played 2 years in the AHL</p>

Crawford played 5 years in the AHL</p>

Kris Versteeg played 4 years in the AHL</p>

Dustin Byfuglien played 2 years in the AHL</p>

Pavel Datsyuk didn't join the NHL until he was 23</p>

BigPete

Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Rex" data-cid="209763" data-time="1380142708">
<div>

</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

</p>

You forgot about Keith and Bolland at Norfolk :icon-wink:</p>

</p>

Though those tenures were shorter.</p>

Rex

Chief Blackcock
Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="BigPete" data-cid="209776" data-time="1380144033">
<div>

You forgot about Seabrook and Bolland at Norfolk :icon-wink:</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

Seabrook only played 3 games in Norfolk. Didn't put Bolland, because theres some people on here that will jump on ONE example out of thirty and say "He's a third liner, see, I told you so!"</p>

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I agree that it takes a special player to be able to completely bypass the AHL--and they are the exception rather than the rule.</p>

</p>

I don't think playing in the A should disqualify any player from a top-6/top-2 assignment.  Players should be slotted where they fit the best--within reason of course. Same with salary.  If there is no cap issues and you're stuck with the players you have, if your 4th liners make more than your 1st lines fine--as long as it works and you win.</p>

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Rex" data-cid="209777" data-time="1380144084">
<div>

Seabrook only played 3 games in Norfolk. Didn't put Bolland, because theres some people on here that will jump on ONE example out of thirty and say "He's a third liner, see, I told you so!"</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

If third liners make 3.75 mil at the age of 23-27.... then I'd happily work my way through the AHL to do it.</p>

dlrob315

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Rex" data-cid="209763" data-time="1380142708">
<div>

</p>

</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

"every once in awhile some break through and become 1st & 2nd liners"  You did see that, right?</p>

</p>

Bickell was a 3rd and 4th liner.</p>

</p>

Versteeg was a 3rd liner but got some top line play with the Panthers.</p>

</p>

Datsyuk is a terrible example....they didn't need him because they were already deep and winning championships so it was no need to start the clock running with him and I bet they had him projected to play 1st or 2nd line once they were ready to have him come over.</p>

</p>

Sharp & Byfuglien falls in the category where "every once in awhile some break through and become 1st & 2nd liners;" plus they began their NHL life as 3rd liners but worked they way up as NHL'ers; just as Bickell has...or maybe has because Bickell hasn't began a season as a 1st or 2nd liner yet..</p>

</p>

....my bad because I didn't make myself clear in that I was only talking of "forwards," even though we all know dmen and goalies are developed in the the AHL but then again you should have known that is what I was implying because how many goalies & dmen are referred to as 1st & 2nd liners?</p>

</p>

.....but anyway, your point is taken.</p>