Sage Rosenfels on the Score

HearshotKDS

Liked Posts:
The problem with Chase is he requires amazing protection because he has very limited mobility in the pocket and almost zero rushing ability. Anyone who's watched a Bears game this year and Chase vs the Giants last year should be very concerned about having to play him for an extended period of time. He's a decent enough stop gap for a game or two but the Mitch haters are getting out in front of their ski's here.

I enjoyed watching Chase on the bootleg try and rush for the 1st down on 3rd & 4, just to get caught from behind by a 310 lb. DT. 2 yard gain.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
It's completely obvious at this point that Chase Daniel has one thing Trubisky is missing - the mental aspect of the game. He doesn't have the things that give Trubisky star potential as far as athletic gifts, but without the mental aspect, neither does Trubisky when it comes to tapping that potential.

We do not currently have a complete QB on the roster.

BaBaBlacksheep

Jordan Sigler Super Fan
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
It's completely obvious at this point that Chase Daniel has one thing Trubisky is missing - the mental aspect of the game. He doesn't have the things that give Trubisky star potential as far as athletic gifts, but without the mental aspect, neither does Trubisky when it comes to tapping that potential.

So are you saying Mitch needs a BRANE transplant?

Broc

well baked
Donator
Liked Posts:
It's odd how Daniel can't be someone to finish a season with in case he plays like a backup when the starter has played like a backup as often as not.

Not sure what you find so odd about all of this. Obviously a guy that was drafted #2 overall is going to be given a lot more slack than a 11 year career backup. Likewise, no team is going to give up on a guy they traded up to take #2 overall without giving him every opportunity possible to live up to expectations. Not sure what you people are expecting here. I know you don't like Mitch and are eager for literally anyone to outplay him but let's be real. As much as people might find Mitch frustrating you can almost guarantee he'll get the rest of this year and even next year before the Bears cut bait.

BearFanJohn

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Agreed. We can cry and bitch all we want. MT has the rest of this year and likely next. Get used to it. Maybe it works out but it isn’t looking good. Nonetheless MT isn’t going anywhere soon.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I know you don't like Mitch and are eager for literally anyone to outplay him but let's be real.

Actually I do like him (love his attitude and work ethic) and I'm eager for HIM to play like a franchise QB. That would be the best thing as we wouldn't need to start over again with another QB and possibly miss the defense's window. But I find the likelihood of that happening to be less and less as time goes by.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
It's amazing how much cleaner pockets look when a QB knows what's going on and can deliver the ball on time.

Reminds me of 2013 when the Cutler fanboys claimed the OL only started trying when McCown was in.

It’s amazing how much cleaner the pocket looks when the right guard isn’t getting walked back into the QB on a consistent basis. This might have been Chase’s best game as a pro. The fact that people are actually clamoring for this guy is mind boggling. I love the Bears but the fan base really does tend to gravitate toward the meatball side of things.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
We know he will turn into a pumpkin at some point.

He does not have the physical tools to be someone that can win games consistently. 11 years had shown us that.
Kinda like Sage Rosenfels' career.

After this preseason, a lot of the same meatballs now calling for Daniel, wanted Bray ahead of him on the depth chart.

This is a fickle bunch.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I like Mitch. He seems like a hard worker and a really good guy.

I do not like him as the unquestioned starter of my team when I am better QB play away from being one of the most complete teams in the NFL.

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
It's amazing how much cleaner pockets look when a QB knows what's going on and can deliver the ball on time.

Reminds me of 2013 when the Cutler fanboys claimed the OL only started trying when McCown was in.

Or you know, Kyle long doesn’t play. But no, the OL played better cause of chase lol

r1terrell23

Liked Posts:
How many games has the starter looked awful? It's odd how Daniel can't be someone to finish a season with in case he plays like a backup when the starter has played like a backup as often as not.
My point is I'm gonna hold off on getting excited about our backup because he got figured out last year. This doesn't mean the starter has done his job, just that I wouldn't say Daniel is better until he plays another game or two at a higher level than the starter.

Broc

well baked
Donator
Liked Posts:
Actually I do like him (love his attitude and work ethic) and I'm eager for HIM to play like a franchise QB. That would be the best thing as we wouldn't need to start over again with another QB and possibly miss the defense's window. But I find the likelihood of that happening to be less and less as time goes by.

If that's the case you should want to see him back on the field asap so he can continue proving whether he can be the guy or not. For better or worse the kid needs to be out there playing so the team can make the best possible decision going forward on his future. Starting Chase does nothing for this franchise long term. You should want him starting for as short of a time frame as humanly possible. I'm grateful he's a decent backup able to step in at a moments notice and keep the ship a float but that's it. Let's not go crazy just because the offense didn't implode for 1 game.

Leomaz

Pissing people off the right way!
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
  2. Notre Dame Fighting Irish

Midway Fields

CCS Quarterback Guru
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
If that's the case you should want to see him back on the field asap so he can continue proving whether he can be the guy or not. For better or worse the kid needs to be out there playing so the team can make the best possible decision going forward on his future. Starting Chase does nothing for this franchise long term. You should want him starting for as short of a time frame as humanly possible. I'm grateful he's a decent backup able to step in at a moments notice and keep the ship a float but that's it. Let's not go crazy just because the offense didn't implode for 1 game.

I agree with your points. I will say I think it is beneficial to see Chase play because I believe it does helps evaluate Mitch.

Has the offense been stagnant because of several factors or is it mainly Mitch. When Josh McCown replaced Cutler and lit it up it became evident Cutler was the weak link.

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
meh

Daniel just too much of a statue in the pocket. OL is not good enough for him to excel over long term.

Bears can win with him, but there will be a point where it becomes a real struggle. And there isn't the upside of hoping he develops. He kinda is what he is.