Sam Darnold vs Carson Wentz

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Who would you rather see on the Bears? I pick the ginger.

ZQNNJWKZZ5HBHGIHSCGWSDV7MU.jpg

coolio

Liked Posts:
At this point I rather have Darnold if Wentz is going to be like that about playing here. Not to mention his character issues which can't be ignored. Everytime the back up QB comes in the team has more life there. We've seen on that multiple occasions now.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
this certainly needed a whole new thread

vanavyman

Liked Posts:
You would be accepting Darnold's 5th year option a couple months after trading for him. Get 2 years to figure him out. Might be worth it. Do need a QB not named Foles.

Chicoman

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
This is all playing into Nagy’s master plan of returning to the field as a qb. Genius at work.

rogokin

Liked Posts:
Don't want either but if I had to choose one it would be Darnold. Gase has a history of fucking with the QB "Titans" plus he is only 23 so there might still be something there.

PrideisBears

Jordan Sigler’s editor
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Watson

Nelly

Liked Posts:
I'd rather take a shot on Darnold assuming the price would be lower.

Butkus34

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Darnold is young, has shown flashes. Has been broken mentally and a bit physically in the league. He wasn't the end all be all coming out of college, suffered through Gase and the NY Jets disaster and we are pinning our hopes on Nagy correcting and developing him. Not buying it. Trade for a proven commodity at a high cost, move up for a top talent in the draft at a high cost, stay put and draft whoever, ride with Foles and junk. The prospects are not very high of any of that being successful.

Mdbearz

Liked Posts:
Sounds like Beets or Spinach for dinner to me.....I would rather have Steak (Watson).

But it would not surprise me if the desperate Bears either overpay for Wentz or picked up Darnold just to be making a desperate move to show the owners they are trying to fix the position.

Seriously, Watson or none for me, go be aggressive in the draft.

Leomaz

Pissing people off the right way!
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
  2. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Wentz has been traded to the Colts

HearshotKDS

Liked Posts:
I know Wentz is gone now, but I'm open to Darnold for a low price (6-7th). He only has 1 year left on his contract - would be like $4M in cap space to the team that trades for him - and would allow the team to actually accomplish something with their draft assets (potentially fix OT finally) that will be more productive for the future years than going all-in on a team that's likely out of its contention window. You take a low risk, high reward swing on a guy like Darnold, but hedge your bet by building pieces that the next QB can actually have a chance at success with. I know fans hate to hear that this is a transition year or 2, but look at the team FFS.

BigJ52

Liked Posts:
If the price is right I wouldn't mind taking a shot on Darnold. Has been put in a crappy situation with bad coaching, OL, and receivers. Need to protect the ball better but has shown some flashes at time.

NCChiFan

Bald, fat, toothless
Donator
Liked Posts:
I know Wentz is gone now, but I'm open to Darnold for a low price (6-7th). He only has 1 year left on his contract - would be like $4M in cap space to the team that trades for him - and would allow the team to actually accomplish something with their draft assets (potentially fix OT finally) that will be more productive for the future years than going all-in on a team that's likely out of its contention window. You take a low risk, high reward swing on a guy like Darnold, but hedge your bet by building pieces that the next QB can actually have a chance at success with. I know fans hate to hear that this is a transition year or 2, but look at the team FFS.
If the price is right I wouldn't mind taking a shot on Darnold. Has been put in a crappy situation with bad coaching, OL, and receivers. Need to protect the ball better but has shown some flashes at time.
If we are talking Darnold... I would desire the Bears to still take a flyer on a rookie in this draft. He isn't the Vet talent, in my opinion, that could change that narrative.