dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
There will be a lot of competition on the interior line. I wouldn't be shocked if the Bears also bring in a cheap vet free agent like Matt Skura to be a part of the mix. Consider where things were after week eight when even Whitehair didn't really look like he deserved to be an NFL starter and the situation is way better than anyone could have predicted.

Huh? The IOL is fine and isn't where we need to put our focus.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
They might keep Leno based on what happens with a potential QB trade. If no QB trade, then I bet an OT is drafted in round 1.

jerkstore

Liked Posts:
I think Daniels is fine, but Bars showed enough at guard (I didn’t like him at RT) that I think it’s competitive going into next year.

Marley's Liberality

Liked Posts:
I think it is going to be DANIELS at center next year with Whitehair and Bars at guard.

They will draft a new RT

Leno is your LT...sorry

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
Meh, ideally mustipher is quality-ish depth, not your starting C. Everyone trashed the OL, no reason to be content with SM starting. Bears need to upgrade RT and C, IMO.

Leno/Cody/FA/Daniels/1st-2nd round pick

Leno is serviceable. They could look to upgrade LT next season. Maybe bring in wisnewski to compete with SM? Also could play OG which is nice

kg1187

Liked Posts:
Leno actually played pretty well toward the end of last season. Ifedi looked good at RT too.

Its tough to gauging how many resources the Bears should put into the o-line this year because the Leno/Bars/Mustipher/Whitehair/Ifedi line actually played well last season.

Cut Massie, re-sign Ifedi, add a mid round pick and with Daniels coming back hopefully next years line plays well.

Butkus34

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Depending on how the draft falls and trades go, one prospect that would be good to look at for a RT replacement for Massie and competition for Ifedi would be Tevon Jenkins

jerkstore

Liked Posts:
I think it is going to be DANIELS at center next year with Whitehair and Bars at guard.

I just wonder if Daniels is best suited at center despite what was said when he came out. He already lost that role to Whitehair in ‘19 I believe. Was it really due to the Whitehair/Trubisky chemistry?

Montucky

Liked Posts:
If the Bears start Charles Leno Jr. at left tackle another year they get what they deserve.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Right...competition from the guys who are already there. Come on, let's at least try to be somewhat literate.

You can try to back out of your stupid comment but you ain't fooling anyone fool. :gfto:

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange

They will draft a new RT

Leno is your LT...sorry

I could see that. Daniels did not look good at center when he started there for us but they could give him another shot for sure.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Leno actually played pretty well toward the end of last season. Ifedi looked good at RT too.

Its tough to gauging how many resources the Bears should put into the o-line this year because the Leno/Bars/Mustipher/Whitehair/Ifedi line actually played well last season.

Cut Massie, re-sign Ifedi, add a mid round pick and with Daniels coming back hopefully next years line plays well.

They only played well against the crap defenses like Det in the end of the season though.

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Huh? The IOL is fine and isn't where we need to put our focus.

It couldn't hurt Coward was bad and I wasn't impressed as others with our depth.

1000ftditka!

Throbbing
Liked Posts:
Civilization, also known as Massachusetts
Sam Mustipher.......?! I think that this team has discovered it's Olin Kreutz.......?!

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
If you guys are going to say a player should change positions at least explain why you think that.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Sam Mustipher.......?! I think that this team has discovered it's Olin Kreutz.......?!

No. Maybe same intellect but he doesnt have his dominate traits.

jerkstore

Liked Posts:
So what are you guys seeing in James Daniels? Seems like he’s been average or hurt since he got here.