Beast Mode
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Houston Cougars
Should he be replaced as the weak link? If so by who? Bars?
Can't do that until Jenkins is ready. Put Daniel's back at center, ifedi to right guard, and Jenkins at right tackle

2Deep

Liked Posts:
I think you leave these guys and give them time to jell. The tackles have been pleasantly decent. I still trust our middle 3 to be able to get better as we go along.

This week is a huge test and we will have a much better idea

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
If we let Hicks walk then we will still have Goldman, Tonga, Blackson, Edwards, and can re-sign Nichols. Think that is fine. At safety, you can't move Jackson so you really aren't spending a lot of resources on the SS as Gipson or an equivalent is cheap. At OLB, you still have Mack, Gipson, Atta, and Quinn. So if you dump Quinn, you can just use that money on another OLB.

So really that just leaves OG, C, WR and NB as the main areas of improvement with NB potentially being solved by the end of the season if Shelley or someone else emerges. So I would say the main things are signing or replacing Mustipher and Daniels who are both FAs and eminently replaceable. Then you only have Mooney under contract at WR excluding guys on the PS.

With Fields, I think you focus on building the offense by using high draft picks and higher priority FAs on WR and OL. Then continuing to filling out the D with mid to late round draft picks and mid tier FAs.
I said this before and why I was concerned about Eiselen getting exposed in waivers. I could see him taking the C job next year and if we don't re-sign Mustipher we're either stuck or alternately been ransomed by Mustipher as often happens to Pace who has a habit of overpaying un-special talent. I just hope things improve but I don't see Mustipher getting as stout as you'd like.

Visionman

Liked Posts:
I thought everyone saw Eiselen play in preseason and know he has the strength, but zero movement for the position. That’s not going to work.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
Eiselen has concrete in his shoes. Extremely slow, probably can't zone block at all. There's a reason he is on a practice squad, and it's a practice squad where the active roster OL is not good.

greg23

Liked Posts:
I thought everyone saw Eiselen play in preseason and know he has the strength, but zero movement for the position. That’s not going to work.
They're still watching tape of him demolishing current wall street hedge fund guys who played in the ivy leauge 3 years ago

Last edited:

jsu34

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
This is basically a league minimum line and they don't seem to be the disaster people make them out to be.

I'd just continue for now. They can only improve with more reps.

Aquineas

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I say you give him another game to see what happens. He got better the more he played last season.

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I don't know why Daniels cannot try again.

Seriously, this whole time he was injured did he not study film and line calls??

NO

NONONONONONONO

whatever they do, this org fucking has to STOP MOVING OL ALL OVER THE FUCKING PLACE

LEAVE GUYS THAT ARE PERFORMING THE FUCK ALONE SO THEY CAN MASTER AT LEAST ONE POSITION

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Eiselen has concrete in his shoes. Extremely slow, probably can't zone block at all. There's a reason he is on a practice squad, and it's a practice squad where the active roster OL is not good.
He was 0.4 faster than Mustipher in predraft 40s. If measurements matter, Mustifer is easily our slowest lineman.

Discus fish salesman

Liked Posts:
The Tackles have been good in pass blocking and shaky run blocking. The Interior has been terrible in pass blocking and good run blocking.
People already have their preconceived notions about each player. Everyone is adamant daniels is great regardless of the fact I believe he is graded as the worst pass blocker on the line.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Which means nothing once pads are on
Wait, so pads make the stronger faster guy a 1/2 second slower than the weaker slower guy? This isn't me making a point. It's me calling bullshit on an erroneous post so calling bullshit on an anti bullshit post is bullshit!:D

dennehy

Liked Posts:
He was 0.4 faster than Mustipher in predraft 40.
Once he gets up to speed he may be relatively fast but that is not something that matters with OL. His lateral movement and first step quickness not good, and I noticed it immediately watching him in preseason last year.

Otherwise there would be a much greater demand for him, because he is a powerful and technically sound player.