Samardzija speaks out on the front office trades of his fellow teammates

justaChifan

Liked Posts:
Shark and his agent might think it's best to get a long term contract with another team. Depending on how many tanking seasons he has to put up with.

KBisBack!

Liked Posts:
NO, but getting a long term contract worth big money will.....

And getting a long term contract worth big money from a team that actually tries to win at the major league level and invests at the major league level will probably be more appealing than staying with the Cubs.

There are many other teams doing just that.

When he hits free agency, there will be no shortage of suiters.

Jntg4

Fire Forum Moderator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Chicago State Cougars
  2. DePaul Blue Demons
  3. Illinois-Chicago Flames
  4. Loyola Ramblers
  5. Northern Illinois Huskies
  6. Northwestern Wildcats
Losing wears on people.

Shark is clearly frustrated with being in the middle of an incredibly slow rebuilding process.

Incredibly slow relative to what standard of rebuilding?

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Shark only goes somewhere if the package is massive. I remember many fans wanting to out right release Shark. Including the die hard Hendry people. I always believed in him. I believe in Szczur the same way. Shark is 28 with a 23 year olds mileage on his arm. Theo and them may be playing the prospect game but unless they get massive haul will not let him go. Shark has to many ties to the area. He wants to be here. Yes, he may have vented a little because he is a competitor but I believe int he end he will be a Cub for a long time.

The Bandit

vick27m
Donator
Liked Posts:
Shark only goes somewhere if the package is massive. I remember many fans wanting to out right release Shark. Including the die hard Hendry people. I always believed in him. I believe in Szczur the same way. Shark is 28 with a 23 year olds mileage on his arm. Theo and them may be playing the prospect game but unless they get massive haul will not let him go. Shark has to many ties to the area. He wants to be here. Yes, he may have vented a little because he is a competitor but I believe int he end he will be a Cub for a long time.

It's really odd, I thought Shark was 25 before I saw he was 28... my how time flies.

KBisBack!

Liked Posts:
I personally don't think Shark will get extended.

He isn't eligible for FA till his age 31 season. He will be looking for a 4-5 year deal which puts him into his mid 30's on the contract which is an age that many whine is too old to sign a FA player through.

I doubt he signs an extension at this point to forfeit one or two years of his FA. That doesn't seem like good business sense for him.

I think we have about two more seasons of Shark before he is flipped for more lottery tickets.

justaChifan

Liked Posts:
I'll be surprised if Shark is offered an extension. After his display of insubordination? Doubt it . Besides he'll be old ,like Capt. Morgan, when the Cubbies are ready to contend.

patg006

Liked Posts:
I'll be surprised if Shark is offered an extension. After his display of insubordination? Doubt it . Besides he'll be old ,like Capt. Morgan, when the Cubbies are ready to contend.

They offered him one last winter but he shot it down. I think if a desperate buyer wants him bad enough to give up top pitching prospects he's gone.

Boobaby1

Liked Posts:
They offered him one last winter but he shot it down. I think if a desperate buyer wants him bad enough to give up top pitching prospects he's gone.

Maybe it's time to shut him down again and keep the mileage off of his arm. :lmao: