Sandy Alomar As Next Manager?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
It is speculation at this point, but this would be fucking shitty as fuck.

Another Jerry Manuel

Captain Iago

Giver of Occular Proof
Donator
Liked Posts:
Google is a wonderful thing.

He's a 1B coach in Cleveland.

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Google is a wonderful thing.

He's a 1B coach in Cleveland.

I dont want ex sox players managing. If there was one that I would even think about for more than 1 second that is ventura.........all these other fucks can take a hike

ChiSportsRich

Liked Posts:
I dont care about the ex player aspect but Alomar Jr. seems a bit underwhelming. but he perfectly fits the Reinsdorf profile

nickofypres

Super Nintendo Chalmers
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Toledo Rockets
Please no more former Sox players do anything. We don't need them to not be fired when they suck.

Jennifer

Liked Posts:
I can understand why some might not want Alomar as manager but I am absolutely shocked as to some of the hostility I've seen on this thread and other threads.

While with the Tribe he played with five division winners in a row (and in two world series). He was an excellent defensive catcher, a good hitter and a six time All-Star. Many think if he had not spent much of his career hampered by bad knees he might have made it to the HOF.

Alomar when he was with the Tribe was considered a clubhouse leader -- in a clubhouse that included such difficult players as Albert Belle, Manny Ramirez and Kenny Lofton.

During the years in Cleveland he was described numerous times by the media as "a student of the game" and "a future manager."

He will bring to any team he manages a good understanding of the game, an ability to effectively handle a pitching staff, an understanding of hitting and proven leadership skills.

When Cleveland fans were calling for Wedge's head many urged Alomar as a replacement.

Alomar just lost out on the Toronto job last year to John Farrell (another ex-Tribesman) and it is likely Alomar will be managing somewhere in the next three years. If Acta is ever axed while Alomar is still with the Tribe it is probable that Alomar will replace Acta.

Gunzaan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
^^^ Great post.

Alomar wouldn't be a bad choice at all. I hope, if he is hired, that he isn't a lame duck coach though, that wouldn't be fair to him at all.

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
He's a winner. He was a winner as a player. He was a winner as a minor league manager. He manages the game right. He's won. He gets the most out of what he has

He can accept Cooper and Baines. I just cant fond a negative. Can you?

Gunzaan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
He's a winner. He was a winner as a player. He was a winner as a minor league manager. He manages the game right. He's won. He gets the most out of what he has

He can accept Cooper and Baines. I just cant fond a negative. Can you?

What did he win as a player?

What has he won as a major league manager? (I know he hasn't had a shot, but I'm not a big fan of the PR behind Sandburg, nor his inexperience as a major league manager)

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
fuck....thursday they could make an announcement. alomar or martinez imo.

this sucks! we fire ozzie and are going to go the extreme opposite and get a passive manager....awesome! how about a baseball mind? someone established in the bigs. fuck

Gunzaan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
fuck....thursday they could make an announcement. alomar or martinez imo.

this sucks! we fire ozzie and are going to go the extreme opposite and get a passive manager....awesome! how about a baseball mind? someone established in the bigs. fuck

Exactly. We need someone who has managed in the bigs, not a rookie manager.

AE23

from 68th
Donator
Liked Posts:
Sandy Alomar aint no Roberto. :troll:

RamiTheBullsFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I have a feeling that there are going to be some "I miss Ozzie" threads popping up next year.

HawkyTalky

Enforcer
Liked Posts:
I dont want ex sox players managing. If there was one that I would even think about for more than 1 second that is ventura.........all these other fucks can take a hike

I agree...I don't want Alomar or Davy Martinez. The only ex-Sox I would even consider are Ventura or Pudge Fisk.

But, due to the Sox M.O. they'll hire another former player who has no managerial experience.

Francona would be my ideal choice. Former manager in the Sox minor league system. Has alot of experience...two World Series rings....but, I highly doubt it...too big a name who commands too much $$$ for this regime to hire him.

HawkyTalky

Enforcer
Liked Posts:
I can understand why some might not want Alomar as manager but I am absolutely shocked as to some of the hostility I've seen on this thread and other threads.

While with the Tribe he played with five division winners in a row (and in two world series). He was an excellent defensive catcher, a good hitter and a six time All-Star. Many think if he had not spent much of his career hampered by bad knees he might have made it to the HOF.

Alomar when he was with the Tribe was considered a clubhouse leader -- in a clubhouse that included such difficult players as Albert Belle, Manny Ramirez and Kenny Lofton.

During the years in Cleveland he was described numerous times by the media as "a student of the game" and "a future manager."

He will bring to any team he manages a good understanding of the game, an ability to effectively handle a pitching staff, an understanding of hitting and proven leadership skills.

When Cleveland fans were calling for Wedge's head many urged Alomar as a replacement.

Alomar just lost out on the Toronto job last year to John Farrell (another ex-Tribesman) and it is likely Alomar will be managing somewhere in the next three years. If Acta is ever axed while Alomar is still with the Tribe it is probable that Alomar will replace Acta.

Are you a a member of the media? Because you sure sound like one!!:)

Jennifer

Liked Posts:
Are you a a member of the media? Because you sure sound like one!!:)
I know there is a good natured insult there somewhere but not sure what it is.

Alomar update:

1. As of this afternoon the Sox have not contacted him.

2. Alomar has been promoted to bench coach for next year. On its face it seems like an effort to retain him but it wasn't. The current bench coach announced today he needed to step down for health reasons -- Parkinson.

3. Alomar has mixed emotions about whether he would take the job if offered. First, he is uncertain he is ready. Second, he is not sure he wants to go to a division rival. Third, he feels "scarred" over the 1995 and 1997 World Series losses. He very much would like to be with the Tribe when the Tribe wins a World Series.

Status
Not open for further replies.